In God We Trust

‘In God We Trust’ - the bills Christian nationalists hope will ‘protect religious freedom’

Christian hardliners on the religious right have introduced new bills to impose their values in at least six American states in the opening days of 2019.

The early legal moves have been tracked from Alaska to Florida as mostly Republican legislators make use of off-the-shelf ‘model bills’ generated by Christian nationalists in a playbook called Project Blitz.

So-called “In God We Trust” bills have already been introduced this year in Alaska, Kentucky, Missouri and South Carolina, which, if they became law, would see the phrase emblazoned on public buildings, hung in schools and displayed on public vehicles including police cars.

I thought that this sort of thing was "unamerican" ?

No.....in fact religion was a big part of our original colonies.....the UnAmerican part would be the evangelical atheism that is pushing against our Bill of Rights...

Did you know that the 13 colonies were a theocratical monarchy? These people allowed the christian church and a king to rule over them. They outlawed christmas and anything they didn't think was christian enough for them. They put people in stocks in the public square and burned women at the stake for being witches. It was a very bad time in the history of the 13 colonies.

Did you know that British colony isn't and never was the United States of America?

Americans fought a war to rid ourselves of the theocratic monarchy that was the 13 colonies.

You're confusing the United States with the British theocratical monarchy that we fought a war to rid ourselves of to form the United States of America. Here in the United States our government doesn't put one religion over another and everyone has religious freedom.

Since you obviously never read that Amendment and probably never read the constitution, I'll post that Amendment below. Notice the part about no laws can be created that respect or establish religion. Those states are violating that Amendment.

First Amendment Text. The first amendment reads: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The 13 theocratical monarchy British 13 colonies haven't existed for over 200 years now.

Come into the 21st century.

When you go off on some stupid reply to my facts, I'm not going to read it so you're just raging at a person who usually scrolls right past your posts and doesn't waste her time with your stupidity. I only saw this one because some else replied to it so I read it and had to contribute honest facts to your garbage.

Before you make a fool of yourself and scream the pilgrims didn't outlaw christmas read the links below:

Christmas in Puritan New England - Wikipedia

https://www.history.com/news/when-massachusetts-banned-christmas
So basically these States are just "trying it on" ? Why havent they taken advice before wasting everyones time ?

I don't know what you mean but they were British subjects who set up a British theocratical monarchy when they settled here.

We fought a war to end that theocratic monarchy and created a nation ruled by the people. Not a religion or king.

I'm sure you heard about it. I know it was in all the papers.
I am referring to the states trying to introduce these Un American laws now.

the clueless religmo's will always plauge us on this rock Tom

~S~

No.....in fact religion was a big part of our original colonies.....the UnAmerican part would be the evangelical atheism that is pushing against our Bill of Rights...

Did you know that the 13 colonies were a theocratical monarchy? These people allowed the christian church and a king to rule over them. They outlawed christmas and anything they didn't think was christian enough for them. They put people in stocks in the public square and burned women at the stake for being witches. It was a very bad time in the history of the 13 colonies.

Did you know that British colony isn't and never was the United States of America?

Americans fought a war to rid ourselves of the theocratic monarchy that was the 13 colonies.

You're confusing the United States with the British theocratical monarchy that we fought a war to rid ourselves of to form the United States of America. Here in the United States our government doesn't put one religion over another and everyone has religious freedom.

Since you obviously never read that Amendment and probably never read the constitution, I'll post that Amendment below. Notice the part about no laws can be created that respect or establish religion. Those states are violating that Amendment.

First Amendment Text. The first amendment reads: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The 13 theocratical monarchy British 13 colonies haven't existed for over 200 years now.

When you go off on some stupid reply to my facts, I'm not going to read it so you're just raging at a person who usually scrolls right past your posts and doesn't waste her time with your stupidity. I only saw this one because some else replied to it so I read it and had to contribute honest facts to your garbage.

Before you make a fool of yourself and scream the pilgrims didn't outlaw christmas read the links below:

So basically these States are just "trying it on" ? Why havent they taken advice before wasting everyones time ?

I don't know what you mean but they were British subjects who set up a British theocratical monarchy when they settled here.

We fought a war to end that theocratic monarchy and created a nation ruled by the people. Not a religion or king.

the clueless religmo's will always plauge us on this rock Tom

~S~
Its bizarre. I am a Methodist myself but I have never come across this sort of nonsense before.

‘In God We Trust’ - the bills Christian nationalists hope will ‘protect religious freedom’

Christian hardliners on the religious right have introduced new bills to impose their values in at least six American states in the opening days of 2019.

The early legal moves have been tracked from Alaska to Florida as mostly Republican legislators make use of off-the-shelf ‘model bills’ generated by Christian nationalists in a playbook called Project Blitz.

So-called “In God We Trust” bills have already been introduced this year in Alaska, Kentucky, Missouri and South Carolina, which, if they became law, would see the phrase emblazoned on public buildings, hung in schools and displayed on public vehicles including police cars.

I thought that this sort of thing was "unamerican" ?

I have no idea why they're trying to do that but they will fail.

roy moore tried to do something like that with the 10 commandments. He got into trouble because of it. The courts smacked him down and forced him to remove it. In fact I believe he was kicked off the state Supreme Court because of it. He also got into trouble for trying to deny homosexuals a marriage license after the Supreme Court ruled same sex marriage legal in America. Using religion to justify his bigotry.

The same thing will happen with the stupid people trying to do this. The courts will not allow it and all that they will accomplish is further dividing our nation and wasting tax dollars.

I will never understand why people can't be happy to have the freedom to worship any god they want. They feel they have to force it on everyone else.

I wonder what those same people would do if a muslim tried to do such a thing with their religion. I'm sure they would quickly become believers in the first Amendment and demand that the muslim religious words be removed.

They're already having a fits with the two muslim women who were just elected to our House of Reps. Insisting that those two women will force muslim law on our nation.

All they're doing is projecting what they are doing. They want to force America to become a christian theocracy and have tried using our legislation process to do it so they expect those of other faiths to do the same thing with their faith if they get into congress.

This isn't going to happen. They can pass all the laws they want but our courts will never allow them to be implemented.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back