In case you wondered what happened to the Wisconsin doctors handing out fake excuses

Never mind the doctors, what they did is like a Class F misdemenor when it comes to medical ethics. no one got hurt.

Its the teachers that should get thwacked by it. The fraud was thier action, at thier request.

I see that winning (temporarily) is not enough, now they must punish. The plight of Dr. Mudd comes to mind.

• Banned
Never mind the doctors, what they did is like a Class F misdemenor when it comes to medical ethics. no one got hurt.

Its the teachers that should get thwacked by it. The fraud was thier action, at thier request.

Many of the teachers were held to account. Again no big penalties that I know about. But a little docked pay and some official reprimands, and maybe they had to sweat a little and think about whether breaking the law was really worth it. Different districts handled it different ways.

Here's one example.

84 Madison Teachers Used Fake Excuses | United Taxpayers of Wisconsin

After I read I did a little further googling to see what "suspension letters" meant. Apparently it meant little. A black mark against their record but no extra days off other than the ones where they skipped out of the job.

Madison teachers given until April 15 to rescind fake doctors' notes

But check out the number of notes submitted - more than a thousand - and only a couple hundred were considered fraudulent. Hard to believe that 800 legit notes were written.

Oh well. I'm glad they at least got scrutiny.

Forum List

Back