In case anyone forgot why Walker and the WI GOP went after unions...

I take it that the sun didn't shine for the mindless this morning.

Meh, not so much...

That Senate recall issue is still open. Democrats may end up taking control of the Senate, putting an end to Walker's effectiveness.

Democrats appear to take Senate with narrow Lehman win - JSOnline

The good news, Joe, is that the 'effectiveness' of public unions has been destroyed in Wisconsin, either way!

Do you see how workers are fleeing the ranks now that they have the freedom?

Meh, not so much...

That Senate recall issue is still open. Democrats may end up taking control of the Senate, putting an end to Walker's effectiveness.

The good news, Joe, is that the 'effectiveness' of public unions has been destroyed in Wisconsin, either way!

Do you see how workers are fleeing the ranks now that they have the freedom?

Freedom to get paid less, be abused by employers, have less benefits that they will pay more for.

The freedom to work harder for less money.

How come whenever a conservatard talks about freedom, it's usually the ability of the rich to abuse the rest of us?

Yes I want them well compensated for running into that burning building, the Union shouldn't have to make that determination. There are bunches of Fire and Police that aren't Union shops.

It's a sad day when we pay a secretary in a government office more than we pay our firefighters and policemen. Yea, the unions have done such a good job for them, that's so screwed up. If we didn't have to pay the extra office workers all those outrageous "benefits" perhaps there might be a little more for the firemen and policemen.

Sorry your argument isn't worth the time it took you to type it.

I agree.

I'm a public sector working down her in Florida. A right to work State.

Up until 2yrs ago the taxpayers were footing the bill for beni's and retirement. Not now. We are having to pay part of both. No problem for me as I have no problem contributing to MY retirement and MY benifits. In my mind thats a right thing to be doing.

Not so with some of my co-workers. Should have heard the bitching and screaming. They were all set to hang the Gov.

Apparantly some people expect someone else to pay 100% for their benis and retirment.

As well they should be.

If you are going to say, "Hey, instead of having health care as a public service for every citizen (you know, the way every other civilized country does it) we are going to make you EARN your health care as part of your work", then shifting the cost from the employer to the employee essentially means they are cutting your salary.

Absolutely, they should be upset with that.

Sorry can't agree.

I have no problem paying into my retirement and benefits. Its for ME after all. Why should I expect someone to cover those things for me simply because I'm a public sector worker.

To me thats like saying hey, pay my mortgage and car payment. I'm a public sector worker.

As for your wanting everyone in America to have HC? I'm glad you think us workers should pay the freight for all.

I dont' happen to think that way. I'm not interested in paying higher rates to cover those without. However, If you want to pay for everyones HC then knock yourself out.

Meh, not so much...

The Senate is not in session at the moment, are they? I thought they reconvene after the November elections, when all the seats that were just up for recall have to run again anyway?

Perhaps it's time for those Unions in WI to be busted. Perhaps it's time for the Unions to quit buying elections. Times are changing, public sector Unions are something that even FDR, the union supporting president, was against. He tried to warn us but it mattered not to those greedy folks that think it's a good thing to drive up the price of goods so China can make them for 1/2 of what it costs us.

And no, I'm not suggesting we pay workers the same wages as China. A fair wage is a fair wage, when you don't do anything not in your "union job description" the additional hires drive up the cost of goods.

And time for corportations to buy them! After all they are people now. :cuckoo:

I am always amused how conservatives vilify unions.

Let's be honest what happened here. Once upon a time, a high level of unionization in the private sector raised all wages, union and non-union alike. The Wealthy paid a healthy share of the taxes, as they should. There were tariffs in place that protected our industries (vital to our national defense and economy) from unfair foreign competition. You had a vibrant middle class, Mom could stay home with the kids while Dad worked, people could enjoy vacations.

Then these idiots went along with the Plutocrat's oky-dokes.

"Give up your unions, and your right to collectively bargain. We’ll recognize you for your hard work and merit. We’ll use nice sounding terms like ‘right to work’ and ‘At Will employment’ to describe this."

"Dooooooy, Oky-doke!" said the middle class.

So they find themselves working harder for less money, and eventually get put out on the street at 50 because the company can always find someone younger who'll work cheaper.

“Give up your Union Medical Plans, and go with these company Medical Plans instead!”

“Dooooy, Oky-doke”

They find themselves paying more every year for plans that cover less and less. HMO stands for Horrible Medical Options. And if they got too sick, they found they were usually the first to be let go during a downsizing.

"Give up your pensions, we'll let you get in on the Wall Street fun with something called a 401K. Then you can borrow against the value of a home you already paid off! Trust us!"

"Dooooy, Oky-Doke"

Now they find themselves with a busted 401K, an underwater mortgage in foreclosure AND no hope of ever actually retiring. Meanwhile the fat cats on Wall Street and the banks got a government bailout they paid for, and paid themselves bonuses out of it.

"Hey, hey, you know, we can get more business opportunities if we sign this free trade bill with third world rat-holes that don't have the safety, environmental and work rules we have."

"Doooooy, Oky-Doke"

And they act all surprise when the manufacturing jobs go to China, and the Customer Service jobs go to India, and when their POS Chinese made computer breaks down, they can call to Pradip… er, “Bobby” about how to fix it, but he doesn't understand English.

"Hey, let's give tax cuts to rich people!"

"Doooy, Oky-Doke!"

Oh, that means we increase taxes on working people. SUCKERS!!!

And of course, if someone might actually figure out that they’ve been had, we can distract them by talking about gay marriage, abortion, guns or some other issue that gets their blood boiling for no good reason, but has no real impact on their lives.

The ironic thing is that the GOP has engaged in this obscene transfer of wealth, but instead of being angry at the people who perpetrated it, we are angry at the people in the unions who DIDN'T FALL FOR IT.

In short, someone burns down your house, and instead of wanting to punish the arsonist, you want them to burn down your neighbor's house instead.

"DOOOOOY, Oky-doke"

Okay, that post made up for all the shit I've seen in the past hours since the win. Rep incoming.

Im sure it had nothing to do with balancing their budget by cutting back on the biggest liability in their books, giving people the freedom to choose whether they want to be part of a union, or the desire to keep jobs that corrupt unions chase out of state from leaving.

The left can't see the truth. It has to be beyond their capabilities. The USA is going through a tough time and many people have been out of work for quite a while. Working people are paying more for food and gas along with their TAXES. This is not about the wealthy. This is about working people who are struggling and paying taxes to support govt workers who live much better than the average taxpayer who supports them.

The union members were given a choice to pay dues or not. They found out that they can use their dues to pay for their health care and the union is very angry because thier money line has been cut off from a flow to a little stream and the possibility of only a trickle.

That's what this is about.

Last edited:
And time for corportations to buy them! After all they are people now. :cuckoo:

Yeah, now that it's 1886 and all.

{The court's actual decision was uncontroversial. A unanimous decision, written by Justice Harlan, ruled on the matter of fences, holding that the state of California illegally included the fences running beside the tracks in its assessment of the total value of the railroad's property. As a result, the county could not collect taxes from Southern Pacific that it was not allowed to collect in the first place.[9]

The Supreme Court's actual decision never hinged on the equal protection claims. Nevertheless, the case has had clear constitutional consequences affirming the protection of corporations under the Fourteenth Amendment. }

Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Railroad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leftists think Citizens United made corporations people.

Leftists are dumb.

Forum List

Back