In blow to Trump’s immigration agenda, federal judge blocks asylum ban for migrants who enter illega

Windparadox

Gold Member
May 3, 2017
Northern WI.
`
"A federal judge temporarily blocked the Trump administration from denying asylum to migrants who illegally cross the southern border into the United States, saying the policy likely violated federal law on asylum eligibility.

In a ruling late Monday, Jon S. Tigar of the U.S. District Court in San Francisco issued a temporary nationwide restraining order barring enforcement of the policy. President Trump’s action was announced on Nov. 9, though the White House had as early as last month floated drastic changes to the way the United States affords sanctuary to people fleeing persecution in their home countries.

The judge’s order remains in effect until Dec. 19, at which point the court will consider arguments for a permanent order. The administration offered no immediate comment overnight but has routinely appealed adverse decisions". - Source
`
Now what? With the caravan looming closer, it appears they will actually have to process these migrants for asylum despite what trump says. This is going to change the dynamics here greatly.

Last edited:
Well if they do make it in to ask for asylum I'd be looking for proof that they need it which I doubt they have.

I'd also be asking them why they didn't accept the asylum Mexico offered or why they didn't ask for asylum in the countries they went through to get to the US.

I sure hope none of them make it in because we already pay 300 billion a year for the illegals that are here.

Last edited:
`
"A federal judge temporarily blocked the Trump administration from denying asylum to migrants who illegally cross the southern border into the United States, saying the policy likely violated federal law on asylum eligibility.

In a ruling late Monday, Jon S. Tigar of the U.S. District Court in San Francisco issued a temporary nationwide restraining order barring enforcement of the policy. President Trump’s action was announced on Nov. 9, though the White House had as early as last month floated drastic changes to the way the United States affords sanctuary to people fleeing persecution in their home countries.

The judge’s order remains in effect until Dec. 19, at which point the court will consider arguments for a permanent order. The administration offered no immediate comment overnight but has routinely appealed adverse decisions". - Source
`
Now what? With the caravan looming closer, it appears they will actually have to process these migrants for asylum despite what trump says. This is going to change the dynamics here greatly.

Good.

And in his decision, he wrote that the government’s argument that the manner of entry can be the lone factor rendering a migrant ineligible for asylum “strains credulity."

“To say that one may apply for something that one has no right to receive is to render the right to apply a dead letter,” he argued. “There simply is no reasonable way to harmonize the two.”

The judge pointedly denied the claim that the president, by fiat, could give the manner of entry added legal weight as a determinant of asylum. He reasoned that the “interpretive guide” of United Nations compacts on asylum lent extra force to congressional requirements. The intent of Congress, Tigar wrote, was “unambiguous.”

“And if what Defendants intend to say is that the President by proclamation can override Congress’s clearly expressed legislative intent, simply because a statute conflicts with the President’s policy goals, the Court rejects that argument also,” the judge found.

Lee Gelernt, the ACLU attorney who argued the case, welcomed the ruling in a news release.

“This ban is illegal, will put people’s lives in danger, and raises the alarm about President Trump’s disregard for separation of powers,” he said. “There is no justifiable reason to flatly deny people the right to apply for asylum, and we cannot send them back to danger based on the manner of their entry. Congress has been clear on this point for decades.”​

Even better. The out-of-control, petulant would-be autocrat reined in, and made to respect Congressional power and the rule of law, again.

Yes, of course, a few thousand people will have to be housed, fed, and "processed", the screeching and howling of xenophobes and nativists notwithstanding.

s
`

`

Good.

And in his decision, he wrote that the government’s argument that the manner of entry can be the lone factor rendering a migrant ineligible for asylum “strains credulity."

“To say that one may apply for something that one has no right to receive is to render the right to apply a dead letter,” he argued. “There simply is no reasonable way to harmonize the two.”

The judge pointedly denied the claim that the president, by fiat, could give the manner of entry added legal weight as a determinant of asylum. He reasoned that the “interpretive guide” of United Nations compacts on asylum lent extra force to congressional requirements. The intent of Congress, Tigar wrote, was “unambiguous.”

“And if what Defendants intend to say is that the President by proclamation can override Congress’s clearly expressed legislative intent, simply because a statute conflicts with the President’s policy goals, the Court rejects that argument also,” the judge found.

Lee Gelernt, the ACLU attorney who argued the case, welcomed the ruling in a news release.

“This ban is illegal, will put people’s lives in danger, and raises the alarm about President Trump’s disregard for separation of powers,” he said. “There is no justifiable reason to flatly deny people the right to apply for asylum, and we cannot send them back to danger based on the manner of their entry. Congress has been clear on this point for decades.”​

Even better. The out-of-control, petulant would-be autocrat reined in, and made to respect Congressional power and the rule of law, again.

Yes, of course, a few thousand people will have to be housed, fed, and "processed", the screeching and howling of xenophobes and nativists notwithstanding.

How many of these asylum seekers are you taking into your home??

You talk a good story but I doubt you'd step up to feed, house and take care of these useless idiots.

Carry on dumbass.

Well if they do make it in to ask for asylum I'd be looking for proof that they need it which I doubt they have.

I'd also be asking them why they didn't accept the asylum Mexico offered or why they didn't ask for asylum in the countries they went through to get to the US.

I sure hope none of them make it in because we already pay 2 billion a year for the illegals that are here.

we already pay 2 billion a year for the illegals that are here.

Your number is way low.

I sure hope none of them make it in because we already pay 2 billion a year for the illegals that are here.

Your number is way low.

They cost we the tax payer 2 billion a year. Each and every year. Nothing low about that.

Your number is way low.

Of course we do. 2 billion is 2 billion.

2 billion is too low. Add a couple of zeros, you'll be closer to the truth.

Trump can't determine immigration or asylum status but Obama could and was upheld in court.

Ridiculous biased bullshit
We you miss the point with stupid people.
First off he was partly black so no one wants the race card played.
Second he was Democrat so anything that aligns with them is fine.
Third when Republicans can't balance the budget because of the influx people will be able to point and say what a bad job he is doing.
Fourth they will help keep the minimum wage low so that Democrats can have a better chance of ramming through the $15.00 an hour minimum wage. Can hardly wait to buy that first three dollar burger.

So there it is, the elites stand with National Day Laborers Organizing Network: How It Supports Illegal Immigration

p0000002.jpg

Your number is way low.

Of course we do. 2 billion is 2 billion.

2 billion is too low. Add a couple of zeros, you'll be closer to the truth.

Just did some more research. You are 100% correct.

These illegal assholes cost us 300 billion a year.

How much does immigration cost taxpayers?

Thanks. Nice to know my tax dollars are being spend on assholes in this country illegally

`
They will use the troops to help keep order in the lines as they sign up for asylum. I knew they were there for a reason.

Trump can't determine immigration or asylum status but Obama could and was upheld in court.

Ridiculous biased bullshit

It's always of benefit if folks add a second line to assess their first. Even better if they do it so poignantly and accurately as this one.

But remember......

After ALL the dust settles, the Elites aka Globalists are actually calling the shots, and they WILL get their diversity and Globalization.. Nothing new to see here.
They certainly do NOT need a strong nation of Patriots interfering with their plans.
Been going on for decades now. You haven't noticed that you have to choose between Spanish & English on all those recordings and ATM's yet?

But they are willing to put on a Dog & Pony show (at your expense) if it makes you feel better.

Lemme say it one last time, only American Patriots can save the nation....and they ain't got the balls for it....and there ya have it....Se habla Espanol.
Somos una nación Hispana.

Russia & China are already planning how to divide it between them. Just a matter of time. Believe it. :cheers2:

Americans (actually Anglo Europeans) took the nation from Native Americans and Mexicans....Globalists are giving it back.
Fitting end?

Last edited:
<snipped for brevity/unsnip>Americans (actually Anglo Europeans) took the nation from Native Americans and Mexicans....Globalists are giving it back.Fitting end?
`
Slow down. All the judge says is that they can sign up for asylum, it doesn't mean they are going to get it nor does it grant them permission to enter the US, per se. You are reading way too much in so very little.

<snipped for brevity/unsnip>Americans (actually Anglo Europeans) took the nation from Native Americans and Mexicans....Globalists are giving it back.Fitting end?
`
Slow down. All the judge says is that they can sign up for asylum, it doesn't mean they are going to get it nor does it grant them permission to enter the US, per se. You are reading way too much in so very little.

And you have no clue....
Just how many illegal immigrants do you "think" are already living in the US at this point?

1). 20
2). 500
3). More than 40,000,000

How many illegals immigrants enter the US EVERY MONTH ?

1). 20
2). 500
3). 40,000

`

`

Fucking bullshit.

We have to allow asylum to those crossing illegally into the country? What is the difference between this and complete open borders?

`
Yet the taxpayers will be required to pay for all the paperwork, lawyers, food,housing, court proceedings even if they are denied.

Forum List

Back