In Between Trials

yeah i dont know

they may agree on the 3 attempted murders and the firing missiles into a vehicle

Yeah, that's what I think too.

If they hang on the murder charge, I wonder if Angie and Doll Guy will handle the retrial, or if they'll pick somebody more competent?

guy will remain on so he can yell at the jury some more

He did look happy screaming "shit" and "motherfucker" at the jury, didn't he?

I can't see how it's 1st degree murder...even given my limited knowledge of American law [only gained from watching NCIS, Law and Order, Law and Order SVU, CSI Miamai etc.]

He did look happy screaming "shit" and "motherfucker" at the jury, didn't he?

that seems to be well within his comfort zone

If there is a retrial, I hope they let that cutie who did the closing handle it. I wouldn't mind seeing more of her. :thup:

overall she did a good job but she did have her blunders too

like the pieces of the door laying in the seat

she said they could only be there if the door was closed

however the problem with that is

the victim would have been in that spot

making it impossible for the pieces to land there

suggesting that the victim as dunn says was outside the vehicle

with the 1st three shots fired

the defense blundered on that as well

they should have jumped on that but did not

I can't see how it's 1st degree murder...even given my limited knowledge of American law [only gained from watching NCIS, Law and Order, Law and Order SVU, CSI Miamai etc.]

They're claiming 1st degree for two reasons. One, they say it was pre-meditated based on his dislike of the music they were playing, and two because they say he had a depraved disregard for human life when he fired the shots.

They're claiming 1st degree for two reasons. One, they say it was pre-meditated based on his dislike of the music they were playing, and two because they say he had a depraved disregard for human life when he fired the shots.

they have a strong case of 1st degree murder based on

1-davis is dead
2-death caused by criminal act

3- premeditated
A a series of related actions with a single design or purpose
and
B a period of time long enough for defendant to reflect

that can be as short as

dunn reaching for and opening his glove box

reaching for the pistol

un-holstering the pistol

chambering a round