In Allawi's own words

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Part of his speech delivered to the US Congress. Even he doesn't dwell on the WMD and realizes that there is a lot more at stake with this war and the overall war on terrorism.

"I know that some have speculated, even doubted whether this (January election) date can be met," Allawi told a joint session of the US Congress. "So let me be absolutely clear. Elections will occur in Iraq on time in January because Iraqis want elections on time."

"We are succeeding in Iraq. It's a tough struggle with setbacks, but we are succeeding."

"My friends, today we are better off. You are better off. And the world is better off without Saddam Hussein. Your decision to go to war in Iraq was not an easy one, but it was the right one."

"We Iraqis know that Americans have made, and continue to make, enormous sacrifices to liberate Iraq, to assure Iraq's freedom," Allawi said. "I have come here to thank you, and to promise you that your sacrifices are not in vain."

"Thank you, America."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1521&e=3&u=/afp/20040923/pl_afp/iraq_us_allawi

WEll,at least someone appreciates the U.S.!!! I saw him on t.v. the other night saying to the media,how the media won't report good things going on in Iraq. I thought it was a hoot!!!! There will still be people though,ignoring his words and boohooing about it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back