in a three way

who do you want the house to pick to win?

• Total voters

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Say mcmullin wins Utah as he is currently likely to do and the others fail to get to 270 triggering the 12th amendment. The house then chooses between Clinton, trump, or mcmullin

Who do you want the House to choose?

You know, there is just no way I can conjure up an image of those particular individuals having a three way.

It won't get to this scenario, but should Clinton fail to get to 270 electoral votes, I'd be pulling for McMullin. Hillary would have proven she can't win, even against Trump, and Trump has proven he's a danger to the entire idea of democracy. So bring on Evan.

This isn't going to happen. Trump's dismal odds of winning the Presidency are still vastly superior to those of McMuffin.

The House is controlled by Republicans. I have no doubt they would pick Trump.

The House is controlled by Republicans. I have no doubt they would pick Trump.
I have serious doubts that would happen. Trump has burnt the down ticket Republicans and a lot of folks are running away from Trump as fast as possible. I'd expect the very first vote of the State committees (how the House votes for President) would end without a clear winner. And once that happens, McMullin would emerge fast as the compromise.

Of course, House control is an interesting note here as its the incoming House and Senate that votes. The Senate has a pretty good chance of being Democrat, with the House ending up far more Blue than it currently is. It likely won't be Democratic controlled, but enough Democrats and Never Trump to block Trump will probably exist.

Of course, this is all a moot point as Hillary is very likely to outright win this thing.

Say mcmullin wins Utah as he is currently likely to do and the others fail to get to 270 triggering the 12th amendment. The house then chooses between Clinton, trump, or mcmullin

Who do you want the House to choose?

Each state gets one vote. It's a ridiculously undemocratic way of having a run-off.

Forum List

Back