In 2009;Obama Could Of Given Every Average American A $20,000 Bailout,But He Didn't !

Feb 13, 2011
Naples, Florida

And the Democrats wonder why they were beaten so badly last year.How many of you got a bail out? Do you know what a trillion is? It's a Million-Million, right? Obama has pissed off about three trillion dollars,spread out to all his buddies,banks,wall street,States that voted for him,etc. Obama could of easily sent a check for $20,000-$25,000 to every hard working American who lost their jobs due to the recession caused by the Pelosi spending spree and making banks loaning money out to anyone that could breathe! And yet the White House completely ignores this anger. Why would anyone who didn't get a bail out vote for Obama in 2012?:confused:

• Banned
If I am wrong about what a Trillion is, let me know. (the average american probably doesn't know either) I was told it's a "Million Million"...is that right? or is it 100,000 Million?, never the less, they say that if you stretch a trillion dollars in singles, it is supposed to reach the moon and back.

Your other math is equally off

Last edited:
I said at the time that giving the TARP, GM, ETC money straight to the people would have had a more lasting positive impact on the economy.

but our gummit is in the trickle down mentality.
MOney flowing up thru the chain does much more overall good.

No matter who you give the bailout money to, the taxpayer still is on the hook for paying for it.

We should have never done it in the first place.

Money's value is based upon scarcity. If everyone got $10,000, $20,000, or even $1,000,000-the same exact amount-while you might have more money in dollars-your actually worth wouldn't be increased at all, as you would still be in the same exact position (compared to everybody else), as when you started.

50 years ago $20,000 would have been worth a lot more compared to today. Same dollar amounts-but in reality are much different in how much they would actually be worth in reality.

• Banned
well never the less, at least if we americans got a chunk of the bailouts, at least the money would be in the pockets of the consumer,not being hoarded by the banks who wouldn't loan it out.

A fair bailout for all those who lost their jobs should of been based on their actual salaries,,not 40/50% of your last years earnings. and how come New Yorkers can get up to 600 a week where other states cut you off at $275 a week?
Simple, if you made 30,000 in the last 12 months, that should of been your bailout divided by 52 weeks. Then it would of been fair.:razz:

HA! Imagine that. The gov't giving every American their money back. Can't do that. How could we spend it wisely without the government doing it for us?

Me and other Americans are so stupid. If I got 20,000 big green dollars, I'd take them, put them in a blender with water, grind em up, drink half in a protein shake, and take a bath in the other half!!! Yay!! And maybe blend up a batch without water to fertilize my lawn with!

Golly, good think the gov't takes it from me to spend it wisely. I'd be irresponsible with my own money for sure.

It's about government control.....that simple.
Yes, money could have been given to each American, and the economy would have been stimulated nicely. But, the unions wouldn't have been paid back, and no power to the government.

I still wish he had bailed out the Average American who suffered so much in 2009/2010. Even if he had given all of us a check for 20,000,,it still gets deposited into the banks. The banks would of been back in the black with all these millions/billions going in. This is why the stimulus failed,,,A few trillion goes out there,and a chunk of it just sat in banks/financial institutions. Nobody wanted to loan it out.

Besides Obama could not have given the money to the people directly. It had to make it past congress and all the corporate lobbyists first.

Oh, hahaha, awesome, I'm taking my $20's and shredding them into lettuce for my tacos tonight!!

Thank God the government took 1/3 of my paycheck, else I'd behave stupidly with my own money some more! At least they'll spend it wisely!!

Now, for some cashos!! (aka cash tacos!!! Yum!!)

I think they could have given any taxpayer who filed a tax return the previous year a tax free check for at least $50,000.00 and they would have gotten a better return on their spending....

What a disgrace it is where we are today.We are at the point of paying over 800 billion dollars a year in just the interest payments alone on the money we have borrowed.

This thread is showing you why the people never received the bailout. People would have given it to the banks who would hoard it, thus no stimulus affect. Some only want taxpayers to get the stimulus in their greed and miser ways of thinking. That would not have stimulated the whole America of We The People. The only smart thing mentioned is giving the stimulus to all Americans, because the more people who receive it, the more places it stimulates.

Forum List

Back