In 1st address as Commandant of the Marines, Gen David H Berger identifies what sets Marines apart

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
"i believe in my soul that marines are different. our identity is firmly rooted in our warrior ethos. this is the force that will always adapt and overcome no matter the circumstances. we fight and win in any climate!"

i believe i can fly!

"i believe in my soul that marines are different. our identity is firmly rooted in our warrior ethos. this is the force that will always adapt and overcome no matter the circumstances. we fight and win in any climate!"

i believe i can fly!

I believe 99.9997% of our Marines can kick your ass!

• Banned

i believe i can fly!

I believe 99.9997% of our Marines can kick your ass!
and i would enjoy it!

''small'' [ elite ] force
we pack a lot of power in a small force:
standard BLT [ battalion landing team ] has:
of course an infantry battalion/tanks/anti-tank vehicles/dedicated resupply and attack choppers/air-naval-gunfire liaison company for calling in -[ duh ] -air -naval-gunfire/Recon Force/Snipers/landing craft for attack-resupply-reinforcement to include LCACs [Landing Craft Air Cushion ]
...ships have hospital sickbays/fresh water

.....attack options include landing by choppers/LCACs/tracked AAV-7 amphibs that move on land/Ospreys/ [used to have rubber boats with outboard engines--I don't know if they do that anymore ] --so a WIDE range of options for landing troops all over the place
etc etc

......plus with carriers they have Marine and Naval Air on call--with dedicated Marine forward observers who are Marine Air--so a very dedicated/familiar/''family''' that can bring in airpower VERY effectively

etc

Forum List

Back