Imus/Radio: Ameritopia

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Radio is the new populism podium, and no one has maintained consistent radio social prestige like the great Don Imus.

The modern age is marked by a flourishing of technology-based networking (i.e., eBay, eTrade, email, etc.).

How we communicate has become as important as what we communicate, which is why we can find an online presentation of the Wall Street Journal.

Is radio therefore the new symbol of capitalism/democracy currency?

Don Imus

strange.jpg

He cannot be! I am 76 and he lost me as well. Perhaps he simply has a thing for Don Imus? I never awaken early enough to see Imus on television.

Don Imus is 75 according to Wikipedia... they're usually right about that.

As for the OP, I have no idea... he lost me too. I don't listen to Imus... I have listened to him before... he's an iconic radio host... one of the original "shock jocks" of radio. He was doing Howard Stern while Howard was still shitting yellow in his diapers.

What the hell that has to do with network marketing, capitalism, democracy, currency or the Wall Street Journal... I have no idea! :dunno:

Ethnic Epistemology: Mass Entertainment Humor

Imus was a pioneer in personalization-radio, a new type of DJ hosting focusing on laissez-faire pedestrianism representative in modern-day medium-brow TV shows such as TLC's Say Yes to the Dress.

This sort of trend in media reflects the cult popularity of new age relevant ethnic minority American comic book superheroines such as Storm (Marvel Comics), an African-American super-mutant who can control weather systems.

Ironically, this could be viewed as both constructive (populism banks) and destructive (mercantilism).

storm.jpg

Culture Cure: Wry Cruise

The upcoming Tarzan film features Margot Robbie as Jane who also plays Harley Quinn in the new Suicide Squad film.

While I was hoping Jared Leto or Tom Hardy would portray Tarzan, it's still interesting to see how the entertainment landscape 'captures' social psyche.

Somehow Don Imus has the wits to coordinate culture talk with dry jokes about fish quiche.

Forum List

Back