Impulse Posting

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I'm guilty of this crime..

Sometimes I post just because it sounds good at the time but in retrospect it made no sense at all.. kinda like this post...

I confess.. most threads, I just don't take seriously and really can't figure out why other do..

Be careful what ya post - it may come back to haunt ya...
icon_redface.gif

9 Reasons to be Careful About What You Post Online
When it first launched, social media was a fun place to share photos, jokes, frustrations, thoughts, and milestones. There was a belief that what you posted on your online profiles or timelines was only distributed to friends, family, and those contacts with whom you chose to share. Today, however, as social media permeates all aspects of our personal and professional lives, what you post online can have serious and lasting consequences.
Social media is a form of electronic communication "through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content (as videos)." Today, much of our social, personal, academic, and professional lives are tied to online platforms where we interact with others who share similar views, goals, and outlooks.

militarysocialmedia-ts600.jpg
9 Reasons to be Careful About What You Post

While wearing the uniform, you may have used social media to communicate with other service members or your family back home during a deployment. As you transition to a civilian career, your thoughts, actions, and attitude about social media need to change from seeing it as a social space, to being a career tool. Following are ten reasons to take heed of what you're sharing with your online networks:

1. Nothing is private. For years, rumors circulated online that Facebook and other sites would make your social data public. While this has yet to be seen, it is important to know that everything you post, share, comment on, and promote online can easily be made available to the public. How? We can take a screenshot of your social media post or image, and we can "share" a post if we are friends or are connected to you online. While you might believe you are sharing your contend only with close friends, remember that if you type it into an electronic devise, you have made it accessible to others.
2. Your friends all have friends. I've heard from colleagues who believe they have "locked down" their privacy settings. While the effort is admirable, it's not fail proof. Online social media sites are constantly upgrading and updating their privacy settings, sometimes making it easier for your contacts or "friends of friends" to access your information and share with their networks.
3. Content has a longer shelf-life. The days of SnapChat images disappearing after a few seconds are gone. Screenshot images, sharing posts, and the enhanced archiving features of many social media sites now make it possible to save your content for many generations to come. Someone with the right tools and some time on their hands can access those old posts you shared from high school.

MORE

Seems CNN and the other fake news outlets can find and blackmail you now for what you've posted. sheesh .. and people worry about the government and the Russians.

Freedoms for the press and the pc snowflakes is beautiful thing... :deal:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back