IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer Insurance

How do you intend to pay for it?

Notice how many tax dollars flow to the medical insurance industry:

"All told, then, tax dollars already pay for at least $1.2 trillion in annual U.S. health care expenses. Since federal, state, and local governments collected approximately $3.5 trillion in taxes of all kinds—income, sales, property, corporate—in 2006, that means that more than one third of the aggregate tax revenues collected in the United States that year went to pay for health care."

Divert those tax dollars to cover IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer Insurance program for those who sign up. It's like me bringing my tax dollars back home to benefit my family. Which is excellent use of tax dollars.

Ah card shuffle. You want to expand and continue to underfund. Medicare only has a few years left. General fund money you understand, Obamacare further depletes the IOUs as the does the yearly doctor fix.

A steady stream of tax dollars dedicated to this fiscally responsible Insurance program means it pays for itself. Tax dollars belong to tax payers. We deserve the right to have this option. This is NOT Obamacare. This is wayyyyy better than Obamacare.

"All told, then, tax dollars already pay for at least $1.2 trillion in annual U.S. health care expenses. Since federal, state, and local governments collected approximately $3.5 trillion in taxes of all kinds—income, sales, property, corporate—in 2006, that means that more than one third of the aggregate tax revenues collected in the United States that year went to pay for health care."

Divert those tax dollars to cover IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer Insurance program for those who sign up. It's like me bringing my tax dollars back home to benefit my family. Which is excellent use of tax dollars.

Ah card shuffle. You want to expand and continue to underfund. Medicare only has a few years left. General fund money you understand, Obamacare further depletes the IOUs as the does the yearly doctor fix.

A steady stream of tax dollars dedicated to this fiscally responsible Insurance program means it pays for itself. Tax dollars belong to tax payers. We deserve the right to have this option. This is NOT Obamacare. This is wayyyyy better than Obamacare.

What have you been smoking?

Fiscally Responsible Thoughts flavored with Prudence.

I understand that, Merrill, but our government isn't really set up for that if you haven't noticed. It's a money pit at best....it loses money and they don't know where it goes because there is no oversight to speak of....even when there is oversight.

I understand that, Merrill, but our government isn't really set up for that if you haven't noticed. It's a money pit at best....it loses money and they don't know where it goes because there is no oversight to speak of....even when there is oversight.

Tax dollar funding = users are paying as it is now. There is nothing free about Medicare and there will be nothing free about IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer Insurance. The current Medicare program will need to be updated which saves tons of dollars as it eliminates re-inventing the wheel.

Face it the medical insurance industry is nothing but a middle man taking money but not providing health care. It is also an industry that hands out $73 million golden parachutes to the likes of the last CIGNA CEO. At the cost of current industry rates that $73 million would cover nearly 5,000 families or at IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer rates 20,278 families.

Golden Parachutes are not the best use of Health Care dollars.

If all levels of government would cut corporate welfare and invest this money in IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer Insurance for ALL :

1. many of us would be saving thousands of dollars annually

2. big business and small business could operate for less

3. all governments and school districts could cut operating expenses substantially

4. employed blue and white collar workers would be healthier thus more productive

5. All humans would have necessary healthcare 24/7

6. in general OUR cost of living would decrease across the board

7. New industry,small business and jobs would develop

Thus our tax dollars would be invested in our local communities providing a jump start to economic growth that has been squandered as a result of corp welfare by reckless big governments at city,state and federal levels.

About privatization: Think fraud and the most reliable source of fraud committed against the consumers,taxpayers and government. Yep american private industry aka corporate america.

I am for IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer Insurance for ALL absolutely!!!

Make IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer Insurance for ALL available to all taxpayers as one of our choices.

Leave existing insurance on the table for those who enjoy spending large sums of money
for medical insurance. What could possibly be more American?

I want my tax dollars spent on a useful endeavor not on insurance over charges or obscene CEO salaries or golden parachutes or shareholders or special interest campaign funding!!!

It is time for my tax dollars to support this fiscally prudent insurance program.
Medicare sucks.
True story! :thup:
Ask my Mother, who retired after working her entire adult life, with private paid health insurance only to be TOLD she couldn't keep her private paid health insurance and she MUST go on Medicare at the age of 65. She cannot find a primary care physician who will accept Medicare patients. Since she has no primary care physician, she must go to the ER if she gets ill.

Government run health insurance is a failure... :cuckoo:

Assuming that your premise is correct, it is illegal.
Sales and property tax belong to the state, county or city.
Federal income tax goes to the Feds who are the ones that administrate this, oh, so successful Medicare program.

How much do you get paid to post?

Last edited:

Tax dollar funding = users are paying as it is now. There is nothing free about Medicare and there will be nothing free about IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer Insurance. The current Medicare program will need to be updated which saves tons of dollars as it eliminates re-inventing the wheel.

Face it the medical insurance industry is nothing but a middle man taking money but not providing health care. It is also an industry that hands out $73 million golden parachutes to the likes of the last CIGNA CEO. At the cost of current industry rates that $73 million would cover nearly 5,000 families or at IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer rates 20,278 families.

Golden Parachutes are not the best use of Health Care dollars.

:cuckoo:

Make IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer Insurance for ALL available to all taxpayers as one of our choices.

Leave existing insurance on the table for those who enjoy spending large sums of money

I want my tax dollars spent on a useful endeavor not on insurance over charges or obscene CEO salaries or golden parachutes or shareholders or special interest campaign funding!!!

It is time for my tax dollars to support this fiscally prudent insurance program.

How do you intend to pay for it?

By cutting off your government sponsored healthcare.

Medicare sucks.
Ask my Mother, who retired after working her entire adult life, with private paid health insurance only to be TOLD she couldn't keep her private paid health insurance and she MUST go on Medicare at the age of 65. She cannot find a primary care physician who will accept Medicare patients. Since she has no primary care physician, she must go to the ER if she gets ill.

Federal income tax goes to the Feds who are the ones that administrate this, oh, so successful Medicare program.

MY mother loves her Medicare because it works each time she needs it.

I also have Medicare however I've never used it. For me it's all about keeping my immune system happy as possible.

These RINO politicians can make a person dislike anything if they want something like
Medicare put into the hands of their corporate campaign money sources. We must realize too many politicians have no idea what they are talking about and Medicare is among those matters in which they are ignorant.

When it comes to fraud it isn't the government at fault it is corporate america that is the most reliable source of fraud.

Last edited:
IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer Insurance for ALL would cover every person for all necessary medical care 24/7 to include:

* Wellness
* prescription drugs
* hospital
* surgical
* outpatient services
* primary and preventive care
* emergency services
* dental
* mental health
* home health
* physical therapy
* rehabilitation (including for substance abuse)
* vision care
* hearing services including hearing aids
* chiropractic
* durable
* medical equipment
* palliative care
* long term care

No deductibles No Co-pays

A family of four making the median income of $56,200 would pay approximately $2,700 a year for all health care costs.

Allow IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer Insurance for ALL to be available now to all taxpaying consumers and let them make the choice. The mechanism is in place as we speak.

Medicare sucks.

Your mother did not have 'private' insurance. She had 'employer provided' insurance. Even with Medicare, if she wants a true 'private' policy she can buy one. It is still a free marketplace in that regard. And she can still buy a 'medigap' policy. If she didn't buy one when she retired there may be a fee for joining late, but that is still available to her. All she has to do is go to the AARP website. There are several plans available. However, if she has waited too long they may have the option to turn her down. If you buy one within a certain amount of time after going on Medicare you cannot be turned down. Also, as long as you pay your premiums you cannot be cancelled.

Medicare does not forbid you from taking your employer provided insurance with you when you retire as secondary insurance as long as that is one of your company retirement benefits. If she was denied that, it was her company and not Medicare.

I don't know why people get so smug about their employer provided insurance. It's basically a gimme. She didn't pay near what the full premium was. No one who has employer provided insurance does.

If your mother goes to the ER for non emergent care, I am really surprised it gets covered. It should not.

Last edited:
Improved Medicare Single Payer Insurance for All is one substantial part of the solution.

- Easy to Implement: Medicare has been in existence since 1966, it provides
healthcare to those 65 and older, and satisfaction levels are high. The
structure is already in place and can be easily expanded to cover everyone.

- Simple: One entity – established by the government – would handle billing
and payment at a cost significantly lower than private insurance companies.
Private insurance companies spend about 31% of every healthcare dollar on
administration. Medicare now spends about 3%.

- Real Choice: An expanded and improved Medicare for All would provide
personal choice of doctors and other healthcare providers. While financing
would be public, providers would remain private. As with Medicare, you choose
your doctor, your hospital, and other healthcare providers.
Read the rest at the link provided

Healthcare-NOW! - Organizing for a national, single-payer healthcare system.

Forum List

Back