Impounds and Illegals in L.A.

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Los Angeles Police Department officers manning sobriety checkpoints will no longer, as a matter of department policy, impound cars driven by unlicensed drivers. That is unless the unlicensed driver is a United States citizen or lawful resident, in which case he can say adios to his car for 30 days, as authorized by California law.

I can see you out there shaking your heads and saying, “Wait a minute . . . .” Yes, you read it correctly: Two drivers are stopped at a sobriety checkpoint in Los Angeles and both are found to be sober, but lacking a driver’s license. The first, a U.S. citizen, receives a citation and stands by and watches as his car is towed away to the impound yard, where it will remain for a month so as to impress upon him that driving is a privilege, not a right, and that the people of the state of California extend that privilege only to those who have demonstrated some minimal level of proficiency as signified by possession of a driver’s license.

The second unlicensed driver, an illegal immigrant from, let’s just say Mexico, is also issued a citation, but he is given a “reasonable period of time” to give custody of his car to a licensed driver, who will presumably drive it to the unlicensed driver’s home — or just around the corner and out of the cops’ view — where the unlicensed driver will be free to jump back behind the wheel and ply the roadways until he has the misfortune of running into another one of those bothersome sobriety checkpoints, where the process can begin anew. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The change in policy was announced last week by LAPD Chief Charlie Beck, who called it a question of “fairness.” “I’m tired of casting the net so wide,” Beck told reporters. “This is the right thing to do. There is a fairness issue here … and we’re trying to balance the needs of all segments of our community and keep the roads safe.”

Pajamas Media » Impounds and Illegals

Just when you think CA can't get any crazier...

Simply and utterly amazing!!

From the L.A. Times;
Police Chief Charlie Beck said that since he took over the department more than a year ago, the checkpoint policy had "stuck in my craw as one of the things we weren't doing the right way." Beck said he decided to make the change after immigration rights advocates raised the issue with him anew in meetings this week.

"I'm tired of casting the net so wide," he said. "This is the right thing to do. There is a fairness issue here … and we're trying to balance the needs of all segments of our community and keep the roads safe."

The new rules, Beck said, were an attempt to mitigate somewhat "the current reality, which is that for a vast number of people, who are a valuable asset to our community and who have very limited resources, their ability to live and work in L.A. is severely limited by their immigration status."

Impounding cars of unlicensed drivers: LAPD limits impounding of cars at sobriety checkpoints - latimes.com

There's a reason these "valuable assets" have limited resources Officer Beck, they're here I-L-L-E-G-A-L-L-Y.

And you gotta love this fool;
Ron Gochez, a member of the steering committee for the Southern California Immigration Coalition, expressed limited praise for the LAPD's change but questioned why the department needed to impound a car if the driver had not been drinking.

"It's a step in the right direction, but it still falls short of what we're asking for," he said. "We're not against checkpoints. We want checkpoints to happen, we want drunk drivers off our streets. We just don't want people to be losing their cars who aren't drunk."

Driving is not a right but a privilege, you have to abide by the same laws the rest of us do. If that car is not properly registered and is not being operated by a licensed driver then bye-bye car!

Los Angeles Police Department officers manning sobriety checkpoints will no longer, as a matter of department policy, impound cars driven by unlicensed drivers. That is unless the unlicensed driver is a United States citizen or lawful resident, in which case he can say adios to his car for 30 days, as authorized by California law.

I can see you out there shaking your heads and saying, “Wait a minute . . . .” Yes, you read it correctly: Two drivers are stopped at a sobriety checkpoint in Los Angeles and both are found to be sober, but lacking a driver’s license. The first, a U.S. citizen, receives a citation and stands by and watches as his car is towed away to the impound yard, where it will remain for a month so as to impress upon him that driving is a privilege, not a right, and that the people of the state of California extend that privilege only to those who have demonstrated some minimal level of proficiency as signified by possession of a driver’s license.

The second unlicensed driver, an illegal immigrant from, let’s just say Mexico, is also issued a citation, but he is given a “reasonable period of time” to give custody of his car to a licensed driver, who will presumably drive it to the unlicensed driver’s home — or just around the corner and out of the cops’ view — where the unlicensed driver will be free to jump back behind the wheel and ply the roadways until he has the misfortune of running into another one of those bothersome sobriety checkpoints, where the process can begin anew. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The change in policy was announced last week by LAPD Chief Charlie Beck, who called it a question of “fairness.” “I’m tired of casting the net so wide,” Beck told reporters. “This is the right thing to do. There is a fairness issue here … and we’re trying to balance the needs of all segments of our community and keep the roads safe.”

What kind of crap is this? Illegal aliens need their cars to get to work and get their chidlren to school? No shit. and we don't? We need to pick up our unemployment checks. California can always get crazier.:cuckoo:

Excucse? Is is costing too much. Auction the damn cars off. They do that to your car if your car is impounded.

Last edited:
Simply and utterly amazing!!

From the L.A. Times;
Police Chief Charlie Beck said that since he took over the department more than a year ago, the checkpoint policy had "stuck in my craw as one of the things we weren't doing the right way." Beck said he decided to make the change after immigration rights advocates raised the issue with him anew in meetings this week.

"I'm tired of casting the net so wide," he said. "This is the right thing to do. There is a fairness issue here … and we're trying to balance the needs of all segments of our community and keep the roads safe."

The new rules, Beck said, were an attempt to mitigate somewhat "the current reality, which is that for a vast number of people, who are a valuable asset to our community and who have very limited resources, their ability to live and work in L.A. is severely limited by their immigration status."

Impounding cars of unlicensed drivers: LAPD limits impounding of cars at sobriety checkpoints - latimes.com

There's a reason these "valuable assets" have limited resources Officer Beck, they're here I-L-L-E-G-A-L-L-Y.

And you gotta love this fool;
Ron Gochez, a member of the steering committee for the Southern California Immigration Coalition, expressed limited praise for the LAPD's change but questioned why the department needed to impound a car if the driver had not been drinking.

"It's a step in the right direction, but it still falls short of what we're asking for," he said. "We're not against checkpoints. We want checkpoints to happen, we want drunk drivers off our streets. We just don't want people to be losing their cars who aren't drunk."

Driving is not a right but a privilege, you have to abide by the same laws the rest of us do. If that car is not properly registered and is not being operated by a licensed driver then bye-bye car!

and if you do not pick it up in 30 days, off to the auction block is goes.

Beck is an IDIOT. What is wrong with us, yesterday I heard that 20% of drivers have no insurance, I would be that if you check the illegals it would to 90%. Impound the car, sell it and use the money to help provide at the free resources they demand and get. Tell Lulac to stand in front of a train.

What kind of crap is this? Illegal aliens need their cars to get to work and get their chidlren to school? No shit. and we don't? We need to pick up our unemployment checks. California can always get crazier.:cuckoo:

Excucse? Is is costing too much. Auction the damn cars off. They do that to your car if your car is impounded.

California unemployment comes through the mail, you don't have to anywhere to pick it up.

Free schooling, healthcare and now this, from now on I'm a illegal alien.

Fairness issue? Just like giving illegals special tuition rates that regular American kids don't get. California can go fuck it'self.

Fairness issue? Just like giving illegals special tuition rates that regular American kids don't get. California can go fuck it'self.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

What California SHOULD be doing is this.....

Take illegal off to the side. Execute immediately with shot to back of head for espionage (foreign citizen, not in uniform, acting against the wellbeing of this country). Send the vehicle to Property Department to be searched, cleaned and auctioned with funds going back to the Police Dept.

Take illegal off to the side. Execute immediately with shot to back of head for espionage (foreign citizen, not in uniform, acting against the wellbeing of this country). Send the vehicle to Property Department to be searched, cleaned and auctioned with funds going back to the Police Dept.

:eek:

You do realize the policy is not to impound the car of ANYONE driving without a licenses, right?
In a memo to all the LAPD's commanding officers, Assistant Chief Earl Paysinger directed that officers no longer impound vehicles in stops when the only offense was driving without a license. Drivers will continue to be cited for driving without a license. But the vehicle will be impounded only when it cannot be driven away by a licensed driver or parked legally and secured.
LAPD curbs its seizure of vehicles - Los Angeles Times

They do the same thing here.

:eek:

lol, thats what I thought too after reading that! I'm assuming the poster was just being facetious... But you never know anymore.

Crazy California liberals - :evil:

lol, thats what I thought too after reading that! I'm assuming the poster was just being facetious... But you never know anymore.

I'm as serious as a heart attack in the middle of the Sahara Desert. I don't have a sense of humor. It was surgically removed during my childhood to make sufficient space for my ego.

Until we actually start PUNISHING PEOPLE for their unwillingness and inability to follow the law, nothing is going to change. Especially laws as important as illegally entering this country, and not having sufficient identification on them at all times.

Last edited:

I'm as serious as a heart attack in the middle of the Sahara Desert. I don't have a sense of humor. It was surgically removed during my childhood to make sufficient space for my ego.

Until we actually start PUNISHING PEOPLE for their unwillingness and inability to follow the law, nothing is going to change. Especially laws as important as illegally entering this country, and not having sufficient identification on them at all times.

So just killing people is the answer? what if there is children in the car with them? murder them as well?:doubt:

New Topics

Forum List

Back