Important Info About Your Privacy:

This has been going around on facebook for a while. It will give out infor plus images from your facebook.

Well, I removed both my names from them,like they said it's "Internet Wack-a-Mole" but meh.

If someone wants to find you, they'll find you, eh? :dunno:

Plus, the email addy I gave them was one of my 'fake ones' I use, not my 'real' one.

But you actually have to click a link they email you to confirm your request to be removed.
They only allow you to remove 2 listings, they say, to protect against fraud. (gotta laugh at that) so I sent then an email giving them 48 hours to respond.

Yanno....I am pretty sure I did this at least a year..maybe 2 years ago...same place..removed my info.......and yup..it was back again.

Ticks me off. Bad to have a ticked Kat! :evil:

Personally, I don't think even the [residential] phone book should be legal. When you bought your home or telephone service, how many of you gave expressed permission for your personal information to be be sold, shared, or published? It should all be opt-in.

Where are the conservatives? They rail about intrusive government but have no problem with corporations robing us of the last of our fundamental privacy? Then they wonder how fraud and identity theft can be so rampant?

Ladies: how many of you really want me or anyone else being able to run your IP and get your address or run your name if I see it on your office door and get your address, phone number, credit score, and just about anything else?

I sort of agree with you, but anyone with a working brain knows that their name and number will be published in the phone book, and all it takes to opt out and be unlisted is to make a simple request.

It had an old PO Box for me, but everything else was wrong. None the less, I deleted it.

Thanks for the heads up EZ. Rep comin' your way.

Forum List

Back