Important Info About Your Privacy:

Perhaps everyone should just change their name to the same thing to confuse everyone?

All Women are Mary and all men are Joseph?

Except in the south women would be Maryjo?

john and jane and maryjoe doe, living in 1060 West Addison Street, Chicago, Illinois, Wrigleyville 60613 United States

Women should just quit buying and wearing bras if they do not want anyone to find out the size they buy/wear.

I miss the bra burnings of the good ol days ... sigh...

I just searched for myself.

And it has pictures of me and my family, pictures of me naked in the shower, and pictures of my colonoscopy...and I haven't had a colonoscopy!!!

At least...that's what I thought!

Personally, I don't think even the [residential] phone book should be legal. When you bought your home or telephone service, how many of you gave expressed permission for your personal information to be be sold, shared, or published? It should all be opt-in.

Where are the conservatives? They rail about intrusive government but have no problem with corporations robing us of the last of our fundamental privacy? Then they wonder how fraud and identity theft can be so rampant?

Ladies: how many of you really want me or anyone else being able to run your IP and get your address or run your name if I see it on your office door and get your address, phone number, credit score, and just about anything else?

Personally, I don't think even the [residential] phone book should be legal. When you bought your home or telephone service, how many of you gave expressed permission for your personal information to be be sold, shared, or published? It should all be opt-in.

Where are the conservatives? They rail about intrusive government but have no problem with corporations robing us of the last of our fundamental privacy? Then they wonder how fraud and identity theft can be so rampant?

Ladies: how many of you really want me or anyone else being able to run your IP and get your address or run your name if I see it on your office door and get your address, phone number, credit score, and just about anything else?

I agree with this post 110%. Wish I could rep you for it JB but alas must wait.

People can call me on my land line if they want. CNID is wonderful.
I feel no compulsion to answer the phone and if they do not leave a voice mail tough shit.

I pay for phone service (even cell) for my conveience not the convenience of others.

There's a site called Spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, your approx credit score, home value, income, age, etc. Remove by first searching for yourself on their site to find the URL of your page, then go to the "Privacy" button on the very bottom right side of their page to remove yourself.

I just checked this out and it's true, it had my info with my Maiden Name and Married Name, address, etc. Follow the above directions if you want them to remove your info, I just did.

Yep, ive know about them for awhile now. :eek: I was rather shocked.

I got an email on this and I am just wondering if by "removing" them you just verify you exist?

We "removed" ours awhile ago now and check every now and again to see if it comes back. So far it hasn't.

Forum List

Back