Important Factoid of the Day

-=d=- said:
Yams and Sweetpotatoes are not even DISTANTLY related.

That is all. Continue on about your business.

:)

I don't like either one, so how's that important?? :)

If you buy Yams in the US - they'll have to be marked with 'sweet potatoe' because Yams are imported from the Carribean. And are different...sweeter.

-=d=- said:
Yams and Sweetpotatoes are not even DISTANTLY related.

That is all. Continue on about your business.

:)

They are both in the same kindgom (that of Plants).

That would be a distant relation, would it not? :D

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
gop_jeff said:
They are both in the same kindgom (that of Plants).

That would be a distant relation, would it not? :D

you are reaching.... :p I guess the operative word is 'distant' and what that word means to the reader. :)

After a bit more research, I found that they are both part of the Magnoliophyta sub-phylum (flowering plants). So they are just as related as, say, an iris and a water lily, or me and my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate (bonus points: name that movie!).

gop_jeff said:
After a bit more research, I found that they are both part of the Magnoliophyta sub-phylum (flowering plants). So they are just as related as, say, an iris and a water lily, or me and my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate (bonus points: name that movie!).

SPACEBALLS!

P.S. I see your schwartz is as big as mine!

gop_jeff said:

...or a Dandilion to a water lily.

That's VERY distant.

Forum List

Back