Importance of Physical Activity

Mark222

Rookie
Sep 5, 2012
In today's busy life we people don't have any time for our health and fitness. We just want to work and work to earn more money. But there is no use of money if we are sick. We should try to be happy with what we have. Our health is most important than anything else. We can enjoy our life even with less money if we are healthy fit and active. So we must have to devote some moments from our daily routine for exercise and workout to feel that we are human not working machines.

I am totally agree with your view.Because money is most part in our life.All are busy behind the money but they ignore their health.At last they are suffering and admit at hospital.So should take care our health.

Exercise is important, and I get exercise a few times a week when I do self defense classes.

The best 'self defense' for you would be getting your GED (the equivalent of an Australian PhD).

I had a case of severe atrophy. I had stay at home for about 5 years.
During a long winter hike in Yellowstone, I tore up and burnt out the
muscles and tendons in my knees. I could barely walk for 6 months.
Then one day it was gone. A year later I blew out my calf muscles
and limped for another 6 months. Today I'm still a little shaky, but it
doesn't stop me from climbing down into Bryce Canyon and back out,
r hiking Mt. Charleston looking for a water fall, or some rock climbing
on Christmas Tree pass. I'm still fairly inactive and most of the exercise
I get is walking up stairs. I was walking 2 miles a day for a while but for
some reason, I didn't keep it up. I'll need to remember to get it going again.
I'm not about to spend New Year's in a pioneer cabin. I'm hiking damnit!

Don't stop moving...

Yea, Uncle Ferd likes watchin' his womens exercise...
:D
Sitting for long periods 'is bad for your health'
15 October 2012 - Sitting for long periods increases the risk of diabetes, heart disease and death, researchers suggest.
The scientists from Leicester and Loughborough Universities say harm is done even if people also exercise. The study, published in Diabetologia, analysed 18 existing studies involving almost 800,000 people. Diabetes UK said anyone who spent a lot of time sitting or lying down would "obviously benefit" from moving more. The researchers say the opportunities for sedentary behaviour in modern society such as watching TV, sitting in a car or using a computer are "ubiquitous".

Of course, in modern society many people head to the gym for a burst of exercise to redress the balance. But the research team, led by Dr Emma Wilmot from the Diabetes Group at the University of Leicester, says while going to the gym or pool after work is better than heading straight for the sofa, spending a long time sitting down remains bad for you.

Healthy lifestyle?

Each of the studies they assessed used different measures - for example more or less than 14 hours a week watching TV, or self-reported sitting time of less than three hours a day to more than eight. The researchers say this means it is not possible to give an absolute limit for how much sedentary time is bad for you. But Dr Emma Wilmot, who led the study, said it was clear that those who sat the most had a higher risk of diabetes, heart disease and death than those who sat the least.

She said: "If a worker sits at their desk all day then goes to the gym, while their colleague heads home to watch TV, then the gym-goer will have better health outcomes. "But there is still a health risk because of the amount of sitting they do. "Comparatively, the risk for a waiter who is on their feet all day is going to be a lot lower." She added: "People convince themselves they are living a healthy lifestyle, doing their 30 minutes of exercise a day. "But they need to think about the other 23.5 hours."

'Easy change'

New Topics

Forum List

Back