Importance of Collective Bargaining

So.. let me get this straight... union rank and file pays dues, dues are used to bankroll one party's members', and then said party gets elected to public office and now "negotiates" with aforementioned union?

This makes sense to you?

Scott Walker wasn't elected by the unions. Someone else bankrolled him.

Yeah, true... but the Fleebaggers were most likely supported by them. And they are where?

Hiding in hotels in IL in support of the unions.

My point exactly.

The point being, the public sector unions are inextricably entwined with the Democrat party. When these politicians get elected, their primary responsibility is to the public, but they have aligned themselves more with the unions that are funding their campaigns than the majority of their constituents, who are by the way, NOT public sector union members.

And for the record, I really don't care about private sector unions. That's a personal choice.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me why collective bargaining is so important for Governor Walker to get rid of. And if the Union is caving to the higher pension and healthcare costs why is collective bargaining important to them if they have to give up money anyway. The news has been throwing the word around all week but no one delves in to the specifics of what occurs in collective bargaining. If someone could tell me the pros and cons Id appreciate it.
This is why public employees should not have collective bargaining. Even FDR saw this being dangerous.

- Public sector union want a raise in wages.
- Elected officials say no.
- Union sez we'll give you campaign cash if you give us a better deal.
- Elected offical says yes and is re-elected.
- Union then wants a better deal.
- Elected official says we can't afford it
- Union says, just raise taxes or we'll support someone else.
- Elected official says okay and is re-elected.
- Taxes get raised.
- Taxpayer says WTF?!
- Elected officials tell union they need more campaign cash to stay in power and 'protect' the Union.
- Union says we need a wage or better benefits.
- Elected official says sure if they get more cash.
- Taxpayer says Sonovabitch! WTF? Knock it off. Tries to vote out entrenched union supported politician and lose.
- Union sez costs are too high, we need an exemption or better benefits.
- Elected official sez well I dunno.
- Union supports NEW candidate they wholly own who runs on 'reform'.
- New elected official put in office. Old elected official goes on speaking tour for union making millions.
- New contract goes through without a hitch increasing taxes more on taxpayers.
- Taxpayers say WTFgoddamnit!!!
- Union laughs.

Get the point?

Forum List

Back