Implosion Of Education in America, USSR Edition

93% of Teacher union money goes to Democrats.

Don’t hide behind the conservative victory of letting you opt out of Unions. YOUR Union still gives to Democrats, the root cause of the implosion of education in America.

The Union under YOUR control.

You're incoherent. You're irrational.

I don't own the union. I don't even belong to the union. How can it be MY union if I don't even belong to it? Are you okay or having some kind of meltdown?
Teacher Unions are not controlled by teachers is your best excuse.

More reason to fire all teachers and start over, they can’t even control their own Unions.

"Fire all the teachers and start over". That's great Weatherman, great idea. Get a bunch of first year teachers in the schools, all the inner city schools, all the rural schools, all the secondary schools, all the classrooms one after another and see how that goes.

Wow, that's some deep thinking on your part, innit?
That would be fantastic.

Explain what would be so fantastic about that, other than you're mad at me and you can't adequately express it with your typing abilities.

ETA: Except for hitting the "funny" icon on every post that is
The current school system is garbage.

Having every school get completely new teachers would put more pressure on the school to design a great curriculum to serve the needs of the students and the community and put more pressure on teachers to deliver that curriculum the best way possible.

I don't own the union. I don't even belong to the union. How can it be MY union if I don't even belong to it? Are you okay or having some kind of meltdown?

More reason to fire all teachers and start over, they can’t even control their own Unions.

"Fire all the teachers and start over". That's great Weatherman, great idea. Get a bunch of first year teachers in the schools, all the inner city schools, all the rural schools, all the secondary schools, all the classrooms one after another and see how that goes.

That would be fantastic.

Explain what would be so fantastic about that, other than you're mad at me and you can't adequately express it with your typing abilities.

Having every school get completely new teachers would put more pressure on the school to design a great curriculum to serve the needs of the students and the community and put more pressure on teachers to deliver that curriculum the best way possible.

The curriculum doesn't matter a whit if the teachers haven't a clue about what they're doing. I hope you realize that. But you're so clueless you don't even know what a clueless statement that was. You actually think a building full of BRAND NEW TEACHERS with "the right curriculum" would be able to work some kind of miracle. Sure. That's what it would have to be: a miracle; the blind leading the blind.

Try this on for size. Let's clear out a hospital of every single doctor and nurse except first-year residents and nurses with under one month's experience. Now you need a surgery. Are you checking in there?

That would be fantastic.

...says the dope who hasn't been anywhere near a school since he dropped out ages ago.

Something else to consider with regard to homeschooling. There is a trend in hiring now that focuses on social skills and volunteerism.This is true even in the engineering fields. If you are going to homeschool your kids, you might consider getting them into activities that involve socialization and teamwork as well as some volunteering.

Forum List

Back