Implosion Of Education in America, USSR Edition

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Last edited:
Based on my experience with 2 sons coming through public schools I can say this with certainty: Public schools are fucked up. Years ago we had a long discussion with a elementary school Principal who was remarkably candid with us. She told us that public school curriculums are DESIGNED to bring the lowest 25% up to the middle. WOOHOO! The "Gifted and Talented" programs are token efforts to provide something for advanced kids. Nothing more. Charter schools are a mixed bag, but overall probably a better option than public schools. No sports of course, but if you are interested in college prep, a highly rated charter is a good option. BASIS is really hard core but if you want the best college prep that might be it.

My Childhood Schooling In The Soviet Union Was Better Than My Kids’ In U.S. Public Schools Today.

The difference being the commie teachers in the USSR wanted productive youth to go forward to make the USSR great, while commie teachers in America want youth to be worthless do-nothings to bring down Western Civilization.

You need the youth to be dumbed down so our government can tell them they do not need their rights and big brother knows better...

You think that I am kidding but I am not...

My wife and I home schooled our daughter through a certified online "school". It provided her an excellent curriculum that we could look over and determine if classes were appropriate and challenging. She graduated 2 years ago and is now taking college courses - also online.

My Childhood Schooling In The Soviet Union Was Better Than My Kids’ In U.S. Public Schools Today.

The difference being the commie teachers in the USSR wanted productive youth to go forward to make the USSR great, while commie teachers in America want youth to be worthless do-nothings to bring down Western Civilization.

The Left has ruined law enforcement and the Right has ruined public schools.

Congrats---what remains is a smoldering mess of no trust. Happy? Make you feel good now?

Well, at least you feel justified at how much your kids hated homeschooling.

Catholic schools and other christian schools used to be a good alternative
Dont know how they're fairing today..I would imagine some have succumb to cultural Marxism

Congrats---what remains is a smoldering mess of no trust. Happy? Make you feel good now?

Sorry. Teacher Unions give to Democrats, and YOUR money and YOUR Union is behind the implosion of education. We are bearing the fruits of what teacher Unions have created.

Or are you also going to tell me teachers are not in control of their own Union?

My wife and I home schooled our daughter through a certified online "school". It provided her an excellent curriculum that we could look over and determine if classes were appropriate and challenging. She graduated 2 years ago and is now taking college courses - also online.

That is the future but the Teacher Union will fight it until they can no longer fight it...

Sorry. Teacher Unions give to Democrats, and YOUR money and YOUR Union is behind the implosion of education. We are bearing the fruits of what teacher Unions have created.

Or are you also going to tell me teachers are not in control of their own Union?

Not my money and not my union. I don't belong. How many times do I have to tell you this?

Not my money and not my union. I don't belong. How many times do I have to tell you this?
93% of Teacher union money goes to Democrats.

Don’t hide behind the conservative victory of letting you opt out of Unions. YOUR Union still gives to Democrats, the root cause of the implosion of education in America.

The Union under YOUR control.

Don’t hide behind the conservative victory of letting you opt out of Unions. YOUR Union still gives to Democrats, the root cause of the implosion of education in America.

You're incoherent. You're irrational.

I don't own the union. I don't even belong to the union. How can it be MY union if I don't even belong to it? Are you okay or having some kind of meltdown?

And the obsession continues...

I have seen it so many times. It's almost always personal when it's this obsessed. Usually, the kids really really REALLY wanted to go to school and the parents held firm with homeschooling, and so had to indoctrinate the kids into how bad the schools are. So again projection: when they accuse us of indoctrination it's a whole lot of indoctrinating they did on their own kids. Which really didn't work all that well.

I have seen it so many times. It's almost always personal when it's this obsessed. Usually, the kids really really REALLY wanted to go to school and the parents held firm with homeschooling, and so had to indoctrinate the kids into how bad the schools are. So again projection: when they accuse us of indoctrination it's a whole lot of indoctrinating they did on their own kids. Which really didn't work all that well.
You are clueless.

You are clueless.

If that's all you've got I think we can see who's the clueless one

I don't own the union. I don't even belong to the union. How can it be MY union if I don't even belong to it? Are you okay or having some kind of meltdown?
Teacher Unions are not controlled by teachers is your best excuse.

More reason to fire all teachers and start over, they can’t even control their own Unions.

More reason to fire all teachers and start over, they can’t even control their own Unions.

"Fire all the teachers and start over". That's great Weatherman, great idea. Get a bunch of first year teachers in the schools, all the inner city schools, all the rural schools, all the secondary schools, all the classrooms one after another and see how that goes.

Wow, that's some deep thinking on your part, innit?

"Fire all the teachers and start over". That's great Weatherman, great idea. Get a bunch of first year teachers in the schools, all the inner city schools, all the rural schools, all the secondary schools, all the classrooms one after another and see how that goes.

That would be fantastic.

That would be fantastic.

Explain what would be so fantastic about that, other than you're mad at me and you can't adequately express it with your typing abilities.

ETA: Except for hitting the "funny" icon on every post that is

That would be fantastic.

Every school filled with first-year teachers, presumably right out of school. I'll even give you that they're of every age.

They do not know even the progression of one single school year, you realize. They don't even know all the acronyms we use, they don't have the wisdom of dealing with families and parents. They don't know when to refer behavior problems up the chain and when to not. They don't know when problems should be handled at classroom level, parent level, admin level and even state level.

You want a building full of these teachers. One classroom door after another---brand new teacher followed by brand new teacher. This is your and Weatherman's brilliant idea for a successful school.

It's just....really stunning, the stupidity of the people who think they know better. I mean that

Forum List

Back