Impersonating US Government

LAfrique

VIP Member
May 16, 2011
I wonder what happens to an entity that impersonates a branch of the government?

Years ago, I ran into a manager at one Houston apartment complex who would tow vehicles on apartment property with expired stickers belonging to tenants.

Days ago, I ran into agents of Lincoln Property Company, manager/owner of Houston apartments, who have taken on the duties of the US Immigration by checking on Immigration Status of tenants. When I asked the agents of Lincoln Property Company if they were the US Immigration, a manager responded:

"I have to verify the Immigration Status of our tenants."

"Who made you the Immigration?" I asked

"The law says I have to check on people's Immigration Status," she replied.

"What law, madam? The Immigration is Federal jurisdiction. Not even the City of Houston or Texas has the power to check on Immigration Status of people."

"We check," she replied.

"You are impersonating the US Immigration. No City ordinance or State law gives you the power to do what you are doing."

The agent of Lincoln Property Company went silent, as I walked out of her office.

Practices such as mentioned above are not isolated. Victims of these unlawful practices just do not reports their encounters. I wonder what happens to imposters posing as branches of the government when they are reported. I wonder

I wonder what happens to an entity that impersonates a branch of the government?

Years ago, I ran into a manager at one Houston apartment complex who would tow vehicles on apartment property with expired stickers belonging to tenants.

Days ago, I ran into agents of Lincoln Property Company, manager/owner of Houston apartments, who have taken on the duties of the US Immigration by checking on Immigration Status of tenants. When I asked the agents of Lincoln Property Company if they were the US Immigration, a manager responded:

"What law, madam? The Immigration is Federal jurisdiction. Not even the City of Houston or Texas has the power to check on Immigration Status of people."

"We check," she replied.

"You are impersonating the US Immigration. No City ordinance or State law gives you the power to do what you are doing."

The agent of Lincoln Property Company went silent, as I walked out of her office.

Practices such as mentioned above are not isolated. Victims of these unlawful practices just do not reports their encounters. I wonder what happens to imposters posing as branches of the government when they are reported. I wonder

Nothing will happen I will assume. The Fed Reserve has been masquerading as a branch of the US Federal Government for 100 years. Most people don't know this but it's true.

"We check," she replied.

Nothing will happen I will assume. The Fed Reserve has been masquerading as a branch of the US Federal Government for 100 years. Most people don't know this but it's true.

I got in touch with the ACLU and LULAC (seeing most victims are Hispanics). They both said they would look into issue.

My tweet on Twitter got attention of Lincoln Property Company, whose agent asked for names of specific properties involved in impersonating US Immigration. I of course gave Lincoln no further information, seeing I believe they must be aware of practice by their agents.

Forum List

Back