Impeach the president – and he has another great week

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
The man is covered in Teflon. The Left goes after him and their barbs fall off. Here are just a few of his accomplishments:

.An agreement on a new U.S.-Mexico-Canada trade deal.

.A new budget including more than $1.3 billion for a border wall and blocks a government shutdown.

.House approval of the U.S. Space Force, a brand-new branch of the military.

.Government family leave that will be a model for a proposal for the public.

.Tentative agreement on trade with China.

.Approval of Trump’s 50th federal appeals judge.

.Confirmation of a new Food and Drug Administration chief.

.The signing of a pro-Israel anti-Semitism executive order.

The list does not include the news that broke on Saturday, that after meeting with President Donald Trump, New Jersey Democratic Representative Jeff Van Drew is leaving the Democratic Party and joining the Republican Party.

The list also did not mention the record jump that the stock market had this week in response to Trump announcing that the U.S. and China had secured a phase I trade deal.

I don’t think the Dims will ever learn. But, let ‘em keep on this way and he’s a cinch for 2020!

More of this @ Trump Has One Of His Best Weeks As President As Democrats Push Impeachment

Some of the Dems are talking about impeaching him over and over again. Yeah! go for it.

The man is covered in Teflon. The Left goes after him and their barbs fall off. Here are just a few of his accomplishments:

.A new budget including more than $1.3 billion for a border wall and blocks a government shutdown.

The list does not include the news that broke on Saturday, that after meeting with President Donald Trump, New Jersey Democratic Representative Jeff Van Drew is leaving the Democratic Party and joining the Republican Party.

The list also did not mention the record jump that the stock market had this week in response to Trump announcing that the U.S. and China had secured a phase I trade deal.

I don’t think the Dims will ever learn. But, let ‘em keep on this way and he’s a cinch for 2020!

More of this @ Trump Has One Of His Best Weeks As President As Democrats Push Impeachment

How much does the new budget add to the national debt?

Do you know?

Do you even care?

Do you know?

Do you even care?
While I think that our addiction to overspending is a disaster. To act as if it detracts from a president is a bit short sighted.
We need the same term limits as the president has on every member of congress.
We need to stop pretending that we are the worlds piggy bank and police force.
We need to stop thinking about how many giveaways we can pay the U.S. citizen just to be elected.
We need a balanced budget. Even if it means stopping funding on the reproductive cycle of flies research, the abortion initiative to help the population of lower Cambodia. Everything that is not needed to run the country (our country) must go by the wayside.

Polling is moving away from the dems on this issue. They are in the deep weeds are are trying to figure out how to save themselves from the political hit they are about to take. Whether people like Trump or not, Americans are generally not a fan of impeachment. Doing it is a partisan hackery way over an issue that most people don't really support--foreign aid-- to a country most American's couldn't give a crap about---Ukraine-- is going to have blowback.

Do you know?

Do you even care?
While I think that our addiction to overspending is a disaster. To act as if it detracts from a president is a bit short sighted.
We need to stop thinking about how many giveaways we can pay the U.S. citizen just to be elected.
We need a balanced budget. Even if it means stopping funding on the reproductive cycle of flies research, the abortion initiative to help the population of lower Cambodia. Everything that is not needed to run the country (our country) must go by the wayside.

You are correct, it does not detract from the president and his week. Ironically both parties can claim victory this week. The Dems got pretty much all they asked for in both the USMCA and the NDAA.

My question was more to highlight how little fiscal matters to anyone anymore. For most of the 8 years of the Obama Admin all we heard about was debt and more debt.

Now, nothing.

In the thread about priorities if the GOP takes back the house, fiscal matters were not even mentioned by the OP...who claims to be a conservative.

Do you know?

Do you even care?

You are correct, it does not detract from the president and his week. Ironically both parties can claim victory this week. The Dems got pretty much all they asked for in both the USMCA and the NDAA.

My question was more to highlight how little fiscal matters to anyone anymore. For most of the 8 years of the Obama Admin all we heard about was debt and more debt.

Now, nothing.

In the thread about priorities if the GOP takes back the house, fiscal matters were not even mentioned by the OP...who claims to be a conservative.
When you bring up 44 in an attempt to make a point I feel compelled to bring up one point. The Republicans refused to help him if you notice the spending did taper off. So we could point to a slightly better spending habit due to Republican intervention. Was that on purpose? No one will ever know.

I hate to throw water on your partisan political happy dance but it might only have been the smallest of wins since they basically said they would go along with trade deals which had been hammered out by Trumps people. Many on here and other news organizations were screaming about Trump and dropping trade agreements in favor of trade wars. For the most part the win for that goes to Trump.

As far as deficit we need it under control. But we say what happens when a president says they are willing to shut down the nation over any spending. So congress is to blame for it spending like a drunken sailor.

Do you know?

Do you even care?
Fiscal restraint is only for the democrats.

Did you not know this :D

When The Left's Hate Becomes an Agenda: Trump so infuriated his opponents that, rather than find arguments to convince a majority of Americans that the president’s policies were flawed, his enemies instead sought to destroy him.

The Horowitz report is simply the endnote to three years of rank criminality that have led to the firings, retirements, reassignments, and demotions of most of the FBI’s top Washington echelon: James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Lisa Page, Peter Strzok, William Priestap, James Rybicki, James Baker, along with Josh Campbell, James Turgal, Greg Bower, Michael Steinbach, John Giacalone, and Kevin Clinesmith. Comey, McCabe, and Clinesmith were criminally referred to the Justice Department by various inspector general reports, respectively for leaking, deceiving federal investigators, and altering a document presented to a FISA court.​

Page and Strzok were both fired from the Mueller investigation. Their texts—including, one assumes, an entire corpus of exchanges that remains missing and was apparently destroyed by FBI employees—are a repository of conflicts of interest, unprofessionalism, and unadulterated hatred of Trump and his supporters. Clinesmith, who likely committed a felony by doctoring an email submitted to a FISA court, openly cheered on “le (sic) resistance.”​

But we’re told that Trump is the threat to the sanctity of our institutions. Related:

Screen-Shot-2019-12-16-at-8.24.42-AM.png

Plus:

Some copy-editor at the New York Times has a sense of humor.

“The president and his allies have turned investigations into a political tool for use against their enemies,” reads the headline over a “news analysis” by James B. Stewart.​

Well.

The Democrats began publicly laying the foundation for impeaching Donald Trump before he was sworn in as president, the FBI under the Obama administration used counterintelligence powers to investigate the rival party’s presidential campaign and falsified evidence to get permission to continue the investigation, etc., but when Trump et al. point out that the inspector general has found serious misconduct on the part of the FBI, it’s “The president and his allies have turned investigations into a political tool to use against their enemies.” It’s the new “Republicans Pounce!” headline.​

I do not think that you would need to be an admirer of President Trump or a partisan Republican to understand, as all mentally normal people do, that the impeachment itself is the trophy example of a weaponized investigation being used for political purposes.​

Indeed. Plus:

In the now-forgotten days of October 2016, the great rhetorical demand among Democrats was that Donald Trump and Republicans promise that they would “accept the results of the election.” This was always a little mystifying, inasmuch as it raised the question of what they might do instead — raise an army? But that rhetoric was premised on the assumption that the Republican candidate was going to lose in 2016. Since then, it has been Democrats who have steadfastly refused to accept the results of the 2016 election.​

And it’s been very damaging to the country and the Constitution.

Forum List

Back