Impeach Obama, says Rep. Michael Burgess

Do you think the GOP House should Impeach President Obama?

• Total voters
So what happens then? Biden becomes President. And they impeach him, too - right? Because he's a Democrat. So then what?

Impeach Obama, says Michael Burgess - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

Burgess spoke, the paper said, in response to an attendee’s suggestion that the GOP-controlled House use impeachment to stop Obama from “pushing his agenda.”

“It needs to happen, and I agree with you it would tie things up,” Burgess reportedly responded. “No question about that.”

When the Star-Telegram’s reporter asked Burgess about the comment, he said the House needs to do what it can to stop the president.

“We need to tie things up,” Burgess said. “The longer we allow the damage to continue unchecked, the worse things are going to be for us.”

Seriously. Where the FUCK do you find these people??

prolly with the people too stupid to use a search function on a messageboard

just a guess

Deserved. :(

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Why is the GOP such bad sports?? They hated Clinton's guts and tried to impeach him for a ridiculous reason. They took the election away from Gore, now they want to impeach Obama. What is their friggin' problem???

The Savings and Loan scandal was not ridiculous. How many pregnant Chads needed to be counted? Obama has conspired to violate federal firearm laws. He signed the stimulus which funded it.

Why is the GOP such bad sports?? They hated Clinton's guts and tried to impeach him for a ridiculous reason. They took the election away from Gore, now they want to impeach Obama. What is their friggin' problem???

We dislike lying assholes.

no you don't... bush/cheney were just hunky dory to you guys..

what you don't like is losing elections, so try to undo them with impeachments, or badly decided court cases.

Going by Conservative posters, impeachment is winning 8-4.

The last I heard we had to have a reason to impeach a President and "I don't like him/her" is not a reason, well, at least not a good enough reason.

IMHO he has done a piss poor job and promoted many things that I am opposed to, but impeach him for that... no, I think I will just have to wait for better days and hope they come along in 2013.

Immie

From a liberal perspective impeaching Clinton for lying was madness. He was just doin' what come naturally.

Impeach Obama, says Michael Burgess - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

Impeaching President Barack Obama “needs to happen,” Rep. Michael Burgess (R-Texas) told a local tea party group, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Tuesday.

Burgess spoke, the paper said, in response to an attendee’s suggestion that the GOP-controlled House use impeachment to stop Obama from “pushing his agenda.”

“It needs to happen, and I agree with you it would tie things up,” Burgess reportedly responded. “No question about that.”

When the Star-Telegram’s reporter asked Burgess about the comment, he said the House needs to do what it can to stop the president.

“We need to tie things up,” Burgess said. “The longer we allow the damage to continue unchecked, the worse things are going to be for us.”

So according to Burgess, we need to impeach President Obama in order to stop him from pushing his agenda. :eusa_think:

I wonder how many people here would agree. Time for a poll I think.

I know I certainly don't and think it's ridiculous.

By those qualifications every single president should have been impeached for pushing their agenda, and every single person who ran for president could clearly be charged with conspiracy to push their agenda.

As much as I despise Obama and nearly everything he stands for this, if it happened, would erode our political landscape to the point of COMPLETE dysfunction. Not to mention how can we, as Conservatives, approve this waste of tax payer money that would net nothing but a symbolic gesture when we bitch about the other wasteful spending he does. IE "jobs tour" etc

I want him gone, but I want it done right so further damage to our political system is avoided.

here we go again. the cons are going to pull this with every president who's not a republican from here on in. :facepalm:

Considering the Republican Party is shrinking, it probably doesn't mean anything.

Going by Conservative posters, impeachment is winning 8-4.

Big changes since I last posted this only a few minutes ago.

Conservatives voting for impeachment is now 8-6. Maybe 8-7.

Why are Republicans always wanting to impeach Democrats?

2784486_370.jpg

Forum List

Back