Impact Of Illegal Immigration An “exaggeration”

Ravi: Yes, We should move forward. I answered your questions as directly as I could. This board is about philosophies, lifestyles and life experience. But above all, it's all opinion. Facts? well, I wish. Now, would you like to answer my question? Ya know : Why can't these poor folks just immigrate legally? Seems simple obvious enough.

Fine. I didn't want to make this a debate about personal characteristics, but that's what you've chosen to do.

Now that we've heard all about your little "barrio," (which I couldn't find any information about, which suggests that it's rather small and causes me to be dubious of its "barrio" status), I'll say that I live somewhere with a Hispanic/Latino population of more than 90 percent. I'm quite sure that I interact with plenty of illegals on a daily basis. A good friend of mine is technically a Mexican citizen, and is here on an expired student visa.

Nor am I "tripped up" by any "Anglo guilt." I am not an Anglo. My grandfather was an illegal immigrant from the Mexican state of Chihuahua, and my mother and her family came to Los Angeles from Guatemala City when she was seven years old. I don't know if you call the corner of Third and Union a "barrio," but that's where they lived. Watts, Compton, South Gate...do you even know where these places are?

Last edited:
Fine? Is this Agnost or Ravi? That's another Internet phenom I am tired of, multiple screen names and pretense. Agnost/Ravi, don't presume you know what I have suffered through, you poser. Get a life. Ja ja ja ja. Sound famliar? Swansea, it's in northeast Denver. You can't find it. Jesus Christ. Don't do me any favors, ya prick. Were DO YOU live ya jackass? I'm all ears. Redondo beach....?

Fine? Is this Agnost or Ravi? That's another Internet phenom I am tired of, multiple screen names and pretense. Agnost/Ravi, don't presume you know what I have suffered through, you poser. Get a life. Ja ja ja ja. Sound famliar? Swansea, it's in northeast Denver. You can't find it. Jesus Christ. Don't do me any favors, ya prick. Were DO YOU live ya jackass? I'm all ears. Redondo beach....?

What the hell? :cuckoo:

Aganost: "What the hell? Indeed. Let's leave it at that. As for Ravi: Our laws are not written to reflect the needs of MEXICO. Sorry, just because they want in a New York minute doesn't mean we have to accommodate them . That, Ravi is no reason, it's an excuse. The tail doesn't wag the dog, no matter how bad it wants to.

Agnost: There is a particularly vexing phenomena on the Internet. One person posting on a message board with multiple screen names. I don't know how possible it is to do here. After a while, when I read multiple screen names with the same motif's, I presume that is the case. THAT is what I was referring too. I am glad you aren't familiar with it, it's a particularly corrupting influence on any board. I apologize if that is not the case, but, I will remain a little skeptical. People can be damned good liars. Just like illegal aliens.

Agnost, Some people are jerks, and they happen to coincide with either your our my viewpoint. That, is an unfortunate fact . It's neither here, nor there. People also use multiple screen names. It's deceptive plain pure and simple. It's real, and it's how some folks deal with issues. It was unfair for me to make accusations. I suppose that makes me the jerk here...I apologize.

Aganost: "What the hell? Indeed. Let's leave it at that. As for Ravi: Our laws are not written to reflect the needs of MEXICO. Sorry, just because they want in a New York minute doesn't mean we have to accommodate them . That, Ravi is no reason, it's an excuse. The tail doesn't wag the dog, no matter how bad it wants to.

Our laws cannot cover the influx of so many people - the laws need to be changed - pronto!

In terms of attitude about how to solve the immigration problem it sure makes a difference where you live. If you don't live near the Mexican border, near a large influx of illegal immigrants you're more likely to feel the anti-immigrant camp is alarmist.

Our laws cannot cover the influx of so many people - the laws need to be changed - pronto![/QUOTE]

Our laws are not based on the number of people that ignore them. In that case, we should make murder or larceny legal, or get rid of all those pesky safety laws and abolish OSHA or the EPA. What the heck. Two wrongs make a right these days. Is what you mean?

Thank for the advice. I am not going anywhere. That isn't going to happen ,anytime soon. If you were me, you wouldn't be so flippant. "Yes we can...WHAT?"

Jalu: I speak for myself. I am not card carrying conformist to the "bad guys" camp, as you put it. I am one person with one point of view, just like the rest of you. I make mistakes, I learn from them, I move on from that. But I don't side with folks that constantly ignore American/international immigration laws. Now, that one thing about ya'all I don't understand, why the hell you folks feel so compelled to side with illegal aliens? Pretend Mexico was an island in the middle of the pacific. No convenient illegal swimming a little river to economic nirvana. No, they would have to actually play that immigration game by the rules. The inconvenient truth here is that we share a boarder. And it's "EASIER" to sneak in that immigrate. So, that is the difference between IMMIGRANT and an illegal alien.

Our laws cannot cover the influx of so many people - the laws need to be changed - pronto!

There's nothing wrong with our laws. Other than, the laws already on the books need to be enforced.

Forum List

Back