Immunity Granted

Or the gov't could just do the right thing and get a warrant and none of this would even be an issue ...

Yeah... because the government waited for a warrant when intercepting horse ridden communications during the revolutionary war... .oops, wait, they did not.....

because they waited for a warrant when intercepting telegraph communications during the civil war.... oops, wait... they didn't

because the waited for a warrant when intercepting radio communications from Japan and Germany during WWII.... oops, wait, they didn't

This is not tapping a phone to bust an illegal gambling ring with a bunch of purely US citizens... this is dealing with communication from foreign enemies, a national security issue....

remind me again how many times these communications have been used to prosecute other crimes by US citizens that were uncovered...... just in case... let me remind you... the number is ZERO

:cuckoo:

It's part and parcel of war. Don't do it, and see how many lives will be lost.

Arrogant elitists can't conceive of anyone hurting them because they've been so well protected all their lives....thus they have a hard time getting their tiny pea brains around this.

Yeah... because the government waited for a warrant when intercepting horse ridden communications during the revolutionary war... .oops, wait, they did not.....

because they waited for a warrant when intercepting telegraph communications during the civil war.... oops, wait... they didn't

because the waited for a warrant when intercepting radio communications from Japan and Germany during WWII.... oops, wait, they didn't

This is not tapping a phone to bust an illegal gambling ring with a bunch of purely US citizens... this is dealing with communication from foreign enemies, a national security issue....

remind me again how many times these communications have been used to prosecute other crimes by US citizens that were uncovered...... just in case... let me remind you... the number is ZERO

Where did I say anything about waiting for a warrant?

It's part and parcel of war. Don't do it, and see how many lives will be lost.

Arrogant elitists can't conceive of anyone hurting them because they've been so well protected all their lives....thus they have a hard time getting their tiny pea brains around this.

so now wanting the 4th amendment upheld makes someone an arrogant elitist? but upholding the 2nd makes someone patriotic, right? unbelievable.

let me quote ben franklin
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Left and right - both would like to take away your Constitutional rights, they just usually differ on which ones.

I heard this new bill requires the president to tell fisa court within 72 hrs who they spied on. Then it won't slow us down fighting terrorists but they need to leave a paper trail so they can't spy on the opposing party or innocent americans.

I heard this new bill requires the president to tell fisa court within 72 hrs who they spied on. Then it won't slow us down fighting terrorists but they need to leave a paper trail so they can't spy on the opposing party or innocent americans.

You mean the gov't having a blank check to spy on Americans could lead to them abusing such a power?

Say it ain't so ....

Forum List

Back