Immoral Population Control

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
Immoral Population Control

In early spring of 2005 in India, a strange thing started happening as the birds slowly migrated north through the sub continent on their annual migration paths to western China and Siberia. Observers on the ground were noting that in ever increasing numbers the peasants beneath the bird’s flight paths were becoming sick with illnesses that approximated meningitis and/or encephalitis in severity and manner of symptoms. People quickly grew sick with elevated temperatures and complaints of bad headaches. Many died fairly soon after coming down with the symptoms. Those who survived sometimes had brain damage. Most did not survive.
This was no big deal as illness of this nature frequently struck the poor peasants and rural hamlets of a vastly over crowded India that had a population well in excess of one Billion people, mostly peasants. The poverty in India is astounding, but there has always been hope for the future and conditions have been improving in India as of late.

The important thing to note was that during that year of 2005, the meningitis like illness only struck after the birds flew over the villages. Illnesses that are not initially identified in India are frequently called “Mystery Illnesses” until proper identification is made. Sometimes the rural doctors never do make an identification because the case is isolated and could be one of many illnesses that frequent the hovels of the dirt road villages and towns.

There was considerable speculation that this new “Mystery Illness” could be related to the birds flying overhead, but nobody had the means to medically test the people and the birds.

The government appeared to be deliberately disinterested in studying a cause and effect relationship and would not advance the money for research on this minor matter. They had hundreds of billions in Rupees to develop the Atomic Bomb so they could attack their traditional enemy Pakistan, if necessary; but little for isolated medical research, since that was not in the interest of national defense.

A decade earlier India had developed a vaccine against Japanese Encephalitis. They were marketing the vaccine on the world market and had buyers in several countries, but did not allocate any of the vaccine for their own rural poor. This was particularly the case in the northern province of Uttar Pradesh where the majority of lower caste peasants were Dalits, commonly referred to as “Untouchables.”

Year after year thousands of Dalit children died of Japanese Encephalitis, yet nothing was done to inoculate the children of these poor people against this scourge. Most of the Dalits did not even know that a vaccine was available to save their children. If the government does not tell you, how would you know?

When doctors in that region were asked why they did not pester the government for routine vaccination of the children of the region, many were heard to admit that letting nature run it course was India’s way to curb the population boom.
The vaccine was available to the rich and growing upper middle class, but, annually tens of thousands of children died in India from Japanese Encephalitis or similar diseases.

The simple fact of the matter is that if those children did not live to breeding age they would not add to the tremendous overpopulation problem in the subcontinent region. India seemed to be disinterested in caring for the poor and uneducated in their land though much money was spent on the children of the higher castes. If Hitler were alive today he would have called it a productive and vital eugenics program. I do not know what the Indian hierarchy called it.

It was obvious to most people that the nearby countries of Bengla Desh and Myanmar had enacted a program to deliberately not inform the peasants in low-lying regions of their countries of impending tropical cyclones that could flood the lowlands and result in the deaths of thousands of poor peasants. Let nature take its course was the prevailing attitude. Again, it was felt by most that this policy was a sad but deliberate over-population control measure. In the preceding years hundreds of thousands died from the storms. Of course, it could be argued that those two countries did not have the means to evacuate millions of people in advance of the storms, so it was not a deliberate eradication program, but the end result was the same as was India’s lack of inoculation program.

All the countries in the region had poor rural medical care and a paucity of vaccines against common illnesses, even though they did have medicine for the well to do and the extended families of the rulers and military dictators of the day.

Back in the United States many a university professor who studied the subcontinent seemed to stand in agreement with the default policies that were in play in that part of the world. At the time I could not find a scholarly paper that called for a massive aid program to help the poor of the sub continent. Birth control was obviously not working in southern Asia, but natural calamities were. Nature, without the intervention of man, was allowed to take its toll and nobody seemed to be concerned, even in academia.

Once I was aware of the actual situation, I decided that I had to do something, so I started writing to online English editions of Indian newspapers calling attention to the fact that India had a vaccine and was not using it on their own population to save lives. I encouraged the Indian people since they had a representative democracy to tell their representatives that the poor needed to be inoculated just like the rich.

After a few months of this I noted that during the following “mystery illness” season that India was loudly proclaiming that they were inoculating the poor of Uttar Pradesh. There were news stories aplenty about their program.

Meanwhile I was receiving emails from unknown people in India telling me that I was a fool for trying to save the Dalit’s lives. “Didn’t I know that they breed like cockroaches!” I was told.

Another told me that, “The Dalits lived like rats sifting through garbage for a living instead of working real jobs.”

Eventually, I noted that the newspapers would not allow my “Messages to the Editor” to be published. Obviously, I was an outside agitator who was meddling in internal Indian affairs and nobody wanted to give me a pulpit from which to pontificate. That is sad, because deep down inside me I feel that every child’s life is precious.

Granted, we do have a global overpopulation problem, but allowing the poor to die without treatment is not the way to take care of it. Since I and my IP address are collectively persona non grata with the Indian newspapers, I would hope that some of you will address this issue.

Indian regime should carve out an Independent Nation For 300 Million Untouchable (Dalit) People in India.

CDC - Japanese Encephalitis
IXIARO

Contact various celebs into philanthropy and start a free vaccination program buying doses, sending medical teams to do the innoculations, and raising awareness about the issue. Unfortunately, there's always some fatal illness going on somewhere in the world. Only way to combat such things is with money. If not independently wealthy yourself, find someone who is and is into throwing their's at problems.

Forum List

Back