Immigration....Who To Invite In?

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by PoliticalChic, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I get it. The government shucks, America sucks from your point of view.

Also I'm not gonna defend the limits on immigrants from Asia if the railroad wasn' importing them era. You are right there.

I'm also not a NO LIMIT guy. The real debate here is how many we can take in. Some polarizing posters get ppl here distracted from that with their name calling and encourage them to dig their heels into the sand.

How about next year we double the # of immigrants we allow in, but demand they move to states with negative population growth for ten years after coming? south st louis did well with a bunch of uneducated eastern europeans a decade or so back for example.

2. SobieskiSavedEurope

SobieskiSavedEurope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
    Ratings:
    +5,439
    Which Eastern Europeans in Saint Louis, the Islamic Bosniak's?

3. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    It would really offend them if in the moment I didn't remember exactly which ones because I can't tell the difference but yeah one or two of the "minorities" from there we took in en masse.

4. ShaklesOfBigGov

ShaklesOfBigGov Restore the Republic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,748
    No, I don’t think our country sucks. Actually I just approached the subject historically and using rational common sense. Evidently from
    that kind of response, it’s not something you’re accustomed to seeing. I simply interjected the question surrounding just one country, based on data provided courtesy of usaid.gov. If we are spending over $300 million a year in an effort to provide the people of that country with a better way of life, then why exactly are we also encouraging them to come here? If they are coming here, we really don’t need to be wasting taxpayer dollars over there. A very simple question that anyone reading it can basically follow and understand.

Also historically our nation has generally requested some form of information, to see if those immigrants seeking citizenship has the ability to become productive members of society. We have also restricted access based on our nation’s economic situation or in time of war with those nations we are engaged with. This raises another point. Show me where in the Constitution or through legislative law where the United States is “obligated” to even take immigrants if the executive branch or elected administration chooses not to.

With respect to your response, our Federal Government can not force a state to take on all their immigrants over any other. Show me where it’s written that our Federal Government has that kind of power to force an influx of immigrants or refugees onto selected states.

5. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    They don't. I did not say they do. But they should. The combination of "they's" is comical but you get my point.

Want to maintain the empire? We better maintain the population.

We also better create young healthy Americans who want to work. Importing the elderly parents of models and trophy wives isn't gonna cut it. Capitalism needs competition for labor and housing to work.

Plus hey, pull down the statue in the harbor and we can talk. Can't just be having it there to pretend we do it. Most of the forms of christian Jesus just know what you're doing.

6. danielpalos

danielpalos Platinum Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,526
    Good Capitalists make money on border policies.

7. ShaklesOfBigGov

ShaklesOfBigGov Restore the Republic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,748
    So when you can no longer support your argument on the issue, when facts are presented, you try your luck on sarcasm. You could at least make an attempt to validate your point with facts of your own, instead of going through a meaningless rant that does nothing to prove your point.

So what’s your answer to the welfare issue? Because once you open the door to allowing any immigrant entry regardless of where they are coming from, allowing for no background checks, no efforts made on their part to contribute to our society. ... then someone evidently MUST care for and support them. Theas millions of immigrants you simply want to open the door to won’t contribute to any taxes, because the ability to become a contributing member of society is no longer valid in your view.

Let’s talk cost related to the health care mandate, parts of Obamacare are still in place for EVERY citizen. Do you think those costs President Obama promised will go down? Let’s be honest. Have you considered the care associated with over 20 million additional.. non productive .. immigrants that you want to allow? How does an increase in your Health Care payments and premiums sound to you? How much do you still want to see healtg care go up by? Those immigrants you want to allow, don’t contribute to any taxes because the ability to become a contributing member of society is no longer valid in your view.

Sarcasm is easy when you never took the time to consider the details and cost associated with what you’re asking. How much are you willing to see your taxes go up, to compensate for your overwhelming generosity to care for them?

Does merely discussing the facts really bother you this much?

8. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Our opinions on maintaining an empire or even our real estate values must be different. I say population growth really helps.

I've also read plenty of how this immigrant from here or these from there were worthless and going to end America. Lord forbid we ever get a Catholic or Black President even. So you aren't going to convince me immigrants haven't been good for this country. Thank goodness we have brownies in fact or else our WASPS and Catholics might be fighting over who was an Irish / Brit Quadroon or something equally ridiculous.

Our Trophy Hunter in Chief imports immigrants for himself even. (sorry, I've listened to complaint's about Clinton's sex life for 25 years. Time to put up with something I don't even really care about until 2040ish)

So yeah, pony up, be proud of your opinions, I'm proud of mine. Yours are not entirely baseless and neither is an argument for Eugenics. Just some roads I'm not willing to go down.

Get out there and tear down the statue from France you obviously don't believe in.

9. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,909
    The statistics you're quoting is the percent of immigrant families that receive any goverment assistance vs non-immigrants.

One of the programs in government assistance is free and or reduce lunch. Since immigrant families have 37% more children than non-immigrant families their usage of the program is significantly higher than non-immigrant families. Use of welfare and cash assistance programs is approximately the same for immigrants and non-immigrants as is Medicaid for immigrants and non-immigrants. When we look at the dollars spend on government assistance of immigrant families vs non-immigrant families, they are almost the same.

10. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,138

The immigrants I know earn their own keep.

It appears that that is not a consideration for you.