IMMIGRATION - the Next Big Thing

51ed45434f8354b9821d0df3ceaf342e.jpg
Really- is anyone surprised anymore when longknife see's some lying bullshit on the web and happily posts the lies?
In this article, we’ll fact-check No. 4: "More than 66% of ALL births in California are to illegals on Medi-Cal."

Medi-Cal is the name of California’s Medicaid program, which covers low-income residents of the state. Undocumented immigrants may be eligible for health plan options through Medi-Cal, although the benefits may be limited.

The most recent complete data we found was from 2011.

That year, the state had 502,120 total births. According to Medi-Cal, 50.4 percent of the state’s births that year were paid for by Medi-Cal. That works out to 253,068 total births on Medi-Cal.

Medi-Cal also reported that 29 percent of Medi-Cal mothers in 2011 were undocumented. So that year, 73,390 undocumented mothers gave birth on Medi-Cal.

As a percentage of all births in the state, that works out to about 15 percent -- not 66 percent, as the meme says.

After we initially published this article, a spokeswoman for California's Department of Health Care Services provided statistics for 2012 and 2013. As it turns out, the percentage declined in those years -- to 13.4 percent in 2012 and 12.6 percent in 2013.

In its previous review of these claims, Snopes evaluated an earlier version of the assertion that was worded, "Over 2/3’s of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers."

So we looked at the data for Los Angeles in 2013, the most recent year we could find on the California Department of Public Health website. That doesn’t support the earlier version of the claim either.

That year, about 57 percent of births to residents of Los Angeles were Hispanic. But that refers to all Hispanic births -- not just those to undocumented immigrants, who accounted for only a fraction of the total Hispanic population.

Our ruling
The meme says, "More than 66% of ALL births in California are to illegals on Medi-Cal."

That’s wrong. Between 2011 and 2013, the most recent years available, between 12 percent and 15 percent of all births statewide were to undocumented immigrants using Medicaid, not 66 percent.

We rate the statement False.
gplus801007348.jpg

You share your lies because like your Don the Con- you believe that if you lie enough and lie big- gullible fools will believe you.

images

Really- is anyone surprised anymore when longknife see's some lying bullshit on the web and happily posts the lies?
In this article, we’ll fact-check No. 4: "More than 66% of ALL births in California are to illegals on Medi-Cal."

Medi-Cal is the name of California’s Medicaid program, which covers low-income residents of the state. Undocumented immigrants may be eligible for health plan options through Medi-Cal, although the benefits may be limited.

That year, the state had 502,120 total births. According to Medi-Cal, 50.4 percent of the state’s births that year were paid for by Medi-Cal. That works out to 253,068 total births on Medi-Cal.

Medi-Cal also reported that 29 percent of Medi-Cal mothers in 2011 were undocumented. So that year, 73,390 undocumented mothers gave birth on Medi-Cal.

As a percentage of all births in the state, that works out to about 15 percent -- not 66 percent, as the meme says.

After we initially published this article, a spokeswoman for California's Department of Health Care Services provided statistics for 2012 and 2013. As it turns out, the percentage declined in those years -- to 13.4 percent in 2012 and 12.6 percent in 2013.

In its previous review of these claims, Snopes evaluated an earlier version of the assertion that was worded, "Over 2/3’s of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers."

So we looked at the data for Los Angeles in 2013, the most recent year we could find on the California Department of Public Health website. That doesn’t support the earlier version of the claim either.

That year, about 57 percent of births to residents of Los Angeles were Hispanic. But that refers to all Hispanic births -- not just those to undocumented immigrants, who accounted for only a fraction of the total Hispanic population.

Our ruling
The meme says, "More than 66% of ALL births in California are to illegals on Medi-Cal."

That’s wrong. Between 2011 and 2013, the most recent years available, between 12 percent and 15 percent of all births statewide were to undocumented immigrants using Medicaid, not 66 percent.

gplus801007348.jpg

You share your lies because like your Don the Con- you believe that if you lie enough and lie big- gullible fools will believe you.

images

Why don't you TRY to refute the facts in the meme I posted? If you can.

Our ruling

gplus801007348.jpg

images

Why don't you TRY to read my posts- where I did refute your lies in the meme you posted.

I guess reading is harder than just posting bullshit you pulled off some right wing nut website.

Our ruling

gplus801007348.jpg

images

Why don't you TRY to read my posts- where I did refute your lies in the meme you posted.

I guess reading is harder than just posting bullshit you pulled off some right wing nut website.
gplus801007348.jpg

My wife and I went shopping and stocked the fridge. Bill was about $250. Three days later the food was gone as our two kids and their friends raided it. My wife had to go again and spend about the same amount. Whole Foods is pricey.

I could only imagine if we had 4 kids and they and their friends consistently raided the fridge. Eventually we d have to put some limits on it or go broke.

I see Immigration the same way. You allow an infinite amount of people to raid your fridge and eventually everyone goes broke and hungry.

I like What this administration is doing.

Thank you.

Our ruling

gplus801007348.jpg

images

gplus801007348.jpg
In other words- you lie in order to confuse the gullible.

Forum List

Back