CDZ IMMIGRATION: Not what it is but what it should be.

Check all statements that you support.

• 1. All immigrants must enter America legally.

• 2. A border wall will be built to help keep immigration legal

• 3. DACA kids can stay legally but not their illegal family members.

• 4. DACA kids leaving with family will not have automatic right of return.

• 5. New immigrants will be admitted by merit and not by lottery.

• 6. Chain migration re immigrants will not be allowed.

• 7. Children of citizen parents will be the only automatic citizens.

• 8. Immediate humanitarian aid; otherwise no benefits for illegals.

• 9. There will be a means of issuing short term work visas

• 10. Overstay a visa or come illegally and be forever banned from the USA.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Number 9 on the poll and the O.P. should remedy the work shortage problem without straining our finite social services.

As for merit, the Canadians have a pretty good list of what would constitute merit. I'm sure we could come up with something as comprehensive:

Immigrate to Canada - Canada.ca

I have no problem with saying that immigrants- other than refugees- should not receive social services- and deporting them if they ask for them.

But I don't see why we should put more emphasis on allowing immigrants into the United States that more directly compete with Americans for high paying jobs- than immigrants who take jobs that Americans do not want.
low wage jobs usually get subsidized at public expense.

If millions of people are not here illegally working at substandard wages--many being paid below the table--I'm pretty sure there will be fewer low wage jobs. But low wage jobs are important for entry level workers to develop work ethic, acquire skills, get references, and prepare themselves for better jobs by which they can support themselves.

There should certainly be a provision in the immigration law making it illegal for employers to knowingly hire illegals. That would be implied in a way in No. 8 on the poll but I couldn't add a No. 11 for that specific provision.
Walking Tall by Walking All Over People

Low wages mean high profits for the parasite owners. There is no economic law determining wages. The "free market" is a scam for those who dominate it. They even claim that their lopsided power in it just proves that they are that much better than the employees, who actually create the plutocrats' capital because they're brainwashed into thinking they deserve to be losers in this Con game.

Again please take discussions of wages and such to an appropriate thread for that discussion. This thread is related to what the law should be re illegal immigrants. That illegal immigrants lower wages for everybody is a valid argument that has considerable credibility and that is one of many good reasons for the law to make illegal immigration difficult and unprofitable.

But.
Who elected you boss?

We don't need no Netiquette Nannies
We don't need no thought control

Hey!
Web Wizard!
Whiz on the other side of the wall.

All in all, you're just another
Brick through our Window.

Enforce and conduct prosecutions of employers will go much further to make it less attractive to illegally come here, including jail time for executives, all by itself. We already have enough laws, we just don't demand enforcement of them. So what is the point of passing more of them?

One of the problems is American business owners being able to avoid responsibility for the actions of their employees, via 'limited liability', and 'corporate personhood' scams. 'Shareholders need to be held financially responsible for the criminal behavior of their companies as well.It's their jobs as owners to oversee the companies they own. They are ultimately responsible for its actions, including hiring illegal aliens.

Of course, many who claim to be right wingers and conservatives don't actually believe in such things as personal responsibility, except among those with the least power and means to be so free to decide such things, so we can forget real solutions to a lot of issues right off the bat. Seems they suddenly avoid 'original intent' when it's pointed out our 'Founders' frowned on 'limited liability' as nothing but a license to steal, and regulated it heavily, required a charter from the state and monitored it, and limited its profit margins to boot in return for the privilege. Now any idiot with a couple hundred bucks can buy it, a stupid situation.

I don't know how old you are Picaro, but I was running a large agency in Kansas when the government put a very strict policy in force to address the much less severe illegal immigration problem at that time. The rule was that all job applicants must provide a current green card or proof of citizenship--birth certificate, naturalization papers, or such plus two other forms of ID proving identity as well as residence such as a driver's license and recent utility bill.

In our business when we often needed to put a qualified applicant to work immediately, it was no time that we were pretty lax in requiring those documents up front. And it was no time that cottage industries providing fake documents were popping up all over the country.

I don't know if that requirement has ever been rescinded, but it was a royal pain for employers and compliance became ever more relaxed until it was pretty much non existent.

I don't have a problem with employer's requiring positive ID from their employees and making it illegal subject to consequences when an employer knowingly hires illegals. I have no problem with employers requiring positive ID when hiring and asking what the applicant's citizenship status is. But to put the responsibility for verification of legal status entirely on the employer is a huge annoyance that wouldn't be necessary if the government does its job to secure the borders and make illegal presence here unprofitable and inadvisable.

Born in 1953.

My memories are different; I remember the 'crackdown' they put on for a show. They would make obviously white and obviously black Americans present in some cases 5 forms of ID when applying for jobs, but they would still have entire factory floors and warehouse staffed with personnel that didn't speak a word of English. Naturally the legal citizens would never be called back. This goes for skilled workers, not just bus boys and the other lies spread; they take skilled jobs for low pay, driving wages down to nothing.

The goal was to make checking ID's and weeding out criminal illegal aliens unpopular with voters via harassment, that's all it was about; they did next to nothing about 'controlling' companies that hired criminal illegal aliens. They merely had their labor racketeers start up 'temp agencies' and hired through them.

Before the media got tired of covering the scam, there were several stories of American hispanics having to pretend to be illegal aliens in order to get jobs, and have to pay to get 'driven' to job sites in the agencies' vans, of course , along with 'fees' for other services' as well. When these 'temp agencies' got caught, they simply disappeared and opened up under different names. Of course the employers could claim they had nothing to do with it all, no matter how many times their plants got raided.

There has never been any serious attempts to prosecute major employer violators, and there still isn't under Trump, so far. Many cities even use tax dollars to subsidize 'safe areas' for temp day workers to congregate now.

So I hope you checked at least the #1 through #8 poll options. If comprehensive immigration reform is passed, we now have a President who I am pretty sure will see that it is enforced.

When I start seeing employers prosecuted and serving jail time, I'll believe Trump is serious about stopping criminal illegal immigration. The GOP never has been before, and we don't see Sessions doing anything but making silly irrelevant noises, trying to create the fiction that he's 'serious', but we all know until employers quit hiring them, they're going to keep coming here, and staying. Without the employers, they go back home on their own mostly, except for the gang bangers and pimps.

We already have all the laws needed; they aren't being enforced, so why would new ones be any different?

Enforce and conduct prosecutions of employers will go much further to make it less attractive to illegally come here, including jail time for executives, all by itself. We already have enough laws, we just don't demand enforcement of them. So what is the point of passing more of them?

One of the problems is American business owners being able to avoid responsibility for the actions of their employees, via 'limited liability', and 'corporate personhood' scams. 'Shareholders need to be held financially responsible for the criminal behavior of their companies as well.It's their jobs as owners to oversee the companies they own. They are ultimately responsible for its actions, including hiring illegal aliens.

Of course, many who claim to be right wingers and conservatives don't actually believe in such things as personal responsibility, except among those with the least power and means to be so free to decide such things, so we can forget real solutions to a lot of issues right off the bat. Seems they suddenly avoid 'original intent' when it's pointed out our 'Founders' frowned on 'limited liability' as nothing but a license to steal, and regulated it heavily, required a charter from the state and monitored it, and limited its profit margins to boot in return for the privilege. Now any idiot with a couple hundred bucks can buy it, a stupid situation.

I don't know how old you are Picaro, but I was running a large agency in Kansas when the government put a very strict policy in force to address the much less severe illegal immigration problem at that time. The rule was that all job applicants must provide a current green card or proof of citizenship--birth certificate, naturalization papers, or such plus two other forms of ID proving identity as well as residence such as a driver's license and recent utility bill.

In our business when we often needed to put a qualified applicant to work immediately, it was no time that we were pretty lax in requiring those documents up front. And it was no time that cottage industries providing fake documents were popping up all over the country.

I don't know if that requirement has ever been rescinded, but it was a royal pain for employers and compliance became ever more relaxed until it was pretty much non existent.

I don't have a problem with employer's requiring positive ID from their employees and making it illegal subject to consequences when an employer knowingly hires illegals. I have no problem with employers requiring positive ID when hiring and asking what the applicant's citizenship status is. But to put the responsibility for verification of legal status entirely on the employer is a huge annoyance that wouldn't be necessary if the government does its job to secure the borders and make illegal presence here unprofitable and inadvisable.

Born in 1953.

My memories are different; I remember the 'crackdown' they put on for a show. They would make obviously white and obviously black Americans present in some cases 5 forms of ID when applying for jobs, but they would still have entire factory floors and warehouse staffed with personnel that didn't speak a word of English. Naturally the legal citizens would never be called back. This goes for skilled workers, not just bus boys and the other lies spread; they take skilled jobs for low pay, driving wages down to nothing.

The goal was to make checking ID's and weeding out criminal illegal aliens unpopular with voters via harassment, that's all it was about; they did next to nothing about 'controlling' companies that hired criminal illegal aliens. They merely had their labor racketeers start up 'temp agencies' and hired through them.

Before the media got tired of covering the scam, there were several stories of American hispanics having to pretend to be illegal aliens in order to get jobs, and have to pay to get 'driven' to job sites in the agencies' vans, of course , along with 'fees' for other services' as well. When these 'temp agencies' got caught, they simply disappeared and opened up under different names. Of course the employers could claim they had nothing to do with it all, no matter how many times their plants got raided.

There has never been any serious attempts to prosecute major employer violators, and there still isn't under Trump, so far. Many cities even use tax dollars to subsidize 'safe areas' for temp day workers to congregate now.

So I hope you checked at least the #1 through #8 poll options. If comprehensive immigration reform is passed, we now have a President who I am pretty sure will see that it is enforced.

When I start seeing employers prosecuted and serving jail time, I'll believe Trump is serious about stopping criminal illegal immigration. The GOP never has been before, and we don't see Sessions doing anything but making silly irrelevant noises, trying to create the fiction that he's 'serious', but we all know until employers quit hiring them, they're going to keep coming here, and staying. Without the employers, they go back home on their own mostly, except for the gang bangers and pimps.

We already have all the laws needed; they aren't being enforced, so why would new ones be any different?

I'm looking for an immigration policy that everybody can sign off on. Our current laws are lacking in several ways.

Request: please keep discussion reasonably civil. And let's make refuge issues a separate discussion, please, and focus only on immigration in this one.

The following list is intended as a PROPOSED immigration policy, not what the law currently is or what any court rulings have been so far. What, if anything, can you agree with and support as immigration policy? Why or why not?

1. All immigrants must enter America legally. No exceptions. Anybody caught entering
Request: please keep discussion reasonably civil. And let's make refuge issues a separate discussion, please, and focus only on immigration in this one.

The following list is intended as a PROPOSED immigration policy, not what the law currently is or what any court rulings have been so far. What, if anything, can you agree with and support as immigration policy? Why or why not?

1. All immigrants must enter America legally. No exceptions. Anybody caught entering the USA illegally will be deported and forever banned from legal entry.

2. A border wall will be built to help keep immigration legal. No suggestion is made here of definition of 'wall' or what sort of wall, but we must be able to protect our borders.

3. DACA kids can stay legally but not their illegal family members. However harsh this sounds, the kids have a choice to stay by themselves or go home with their parents or other family.

4. DACA kids leaving with family will not have automatic right of return. They can't have it both ways.

5. New immigrants will be admitted by merit and not by lottery. We are the only developed country in the world that uses a lottery system to determine who gets in. Those admitted should be prepared to support themselves, learn English, and want to be Americans so that they enrich and improve us rather than be a further drain on finite resources.

6. Chain migration re immigrants will be illegal. It is unreasonable for immigrants to be able to import whatever family members they choose and therefore one new immigrant equals sometimes dozens of people.

7. Children of citizen parents will be the only automatic citizens. This one will require a constitutional amendment, but it would stop the anchor baby syndrome in which the mother knows if she can give birth to a U.S. citizen, she will be allowed to stay.

8. Immediate humanitarian aid; otherwise no benefits for illegals. We must stop giving jobs, the equivalent of welfare benefits, free educations, free healthcare, et al to those who are here illegally.

9. There will be a means of issuing short term work visas. This has long been an American tradition in which border states can benefit from Mexican et al labor and the laborers can enjoy the extra money they can legally earn. But when the job is complete, the workers go home.

10. Overstay a visa or come here illegally and you can be forever banned from the USA. There might be a bit of wiggle room if the overstay was inadvertent, i,e, somebody was in the hospital. But as a rule, this will provide a deterrent to those who now are apprehended and deported again and again and again.

The poll includes an option to change your selections should you change your mind.

Thoughts?

the USA illegally will be deported and forever banned from legal entry.

2. A border wall will be built to help keep immigration legal. No suggestion is made here of definition of 'wall' or what sort of wall, but we must be able to protect our borders.

3. DACA kids can stay legally but not their illegal family members. However harsh this sounds, the kids have a choice to stay by themselves or go home with their parents or other family.

4. DACA kids leaving with family will not have automatic right of return. They can't have it both ways.

5. New immigrants will be admitted by merit and not by lottery. We are the only developed country in the world that uses a lottery system to determine who gets in. Those admitted should be prepared to support themselves, learn English, and want to be Americans so that they enrich and improve us rather than be a further drain on finite resources.

6. Chain migration re immigrants will be illegal. It is unreasonable for immigrants to be able to import whatever family members they choose and therefore one new immigrant equals sometimes dozens of people.

7. Children of citizen parents will be the only automatic citizens. This one will require a constitutional amendment, but it would stop the anchor baby syndrome in which the mother knows if she can give birth to a U.S. citizen, she will be allowed to stay.

8. Immediate humanitarian aid; otherwise no benefits for illegals. We must stop giving jobs, the equivalent of welfare benefits, free educations, free healthcare, et al to those who are here illegally.

9. There will be a means of issuing short term work visas. This has long been an American tradition in which border states can benefit from Mexican et al labor and the laborers can enjoy the extra money they can legally earn. But when the job is complete, the workers go home.

10. Overstay a visa or come here illegally and you can be forever banned from the USA. There might be a bit of wiggle room if the overstay was inadvertent, i,e, somebody was in the hospital. But as a rule, this will provide a deterrent to those who now are apprehended and deported again and again and again.

The poll includes an option to change your selections should you change your mind.

Thoughts?
The poll is slanted heavily to right. Most liberals will not vote giving you the intended results. There is no question on amnesty. No question on refugees. No questions on a path to citizenship, Should there be a wall? Should the number of work permits be increased. Increased penalty for hiring illegals. Improvement in E-Verify. A better visa tracking system. Abandoning the quota system.

1. All immigrants must enter America legally. No exceptions. Anybody caught entering

1. All immigrants must enter America legally. No exceptions. Anybody caught entering the USA illegally will be deported and forever banned from legal entry.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?
The poll is slanted heavily to right. Most liberals will not vote giving you the intended results. There is no question on amnesty. No question on refugees. No questions on a path to citizenship, Should there be a wall? Should the number of work permits be increased. Increased penalty for hiring illegals. Improvement in E-Verify. A better visa tracking system. Abandoning the quota system.

Seems to me all that is there.

Even Canada enforces its immigration laws, as does Mexico. Why is it always the U.S. that is supposed to ignore its laws and 'let everybody in'? Why aren't these social justice warriors' ever over there harassing Iran or Red China? How about North Korea? Show us you aren't just a bunch of frauds and racist phonies and organize some protests on North Korea's territory for us.

Last edited:

Born in 1953.

I'm looking for an immigration policy that everybody can sign off on. Our current laws are lacking in several ways.

No, it's just that neither Party is allowing them to be enforced in the easiest and most effective way, and now we have local crime syndicates claiming their territories to be 'sanctuary cities', and they aren't going to jail either.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Most liberals are pro-labor and oppose criminal illegal immigration, and also favor drastically reducing legal immigration and handing out green cards. They backed Cesar Chavez, the GI Forum, and all the other latino rights movements. You Commies and traitors aren't 'liberals'. and in fact hate liberals, and most liberals will indeed vote for many of the poll's positions. Your racist dreams of wiping out Whitey are just doomed to failure. Hoping for a non-white majority won't do a thing for you. Minorities don't like each other, nor do they like white Commies and 'leftists'.

Born in 1953.

No, it's just that neither Party is allowing them to be enforced in the easiest and most effective way, and now we have local crime syndicates claiming their territories to be 'sanctuary cities', and they aren't going to jail either.

I'm pretty sure that we have a President and administration now who will enforce the law if we have a comprehensive immigration law. So let's leave what isn't happening for another discussion and focus on what the law should be in this one.

Thoughts?
Legal immigration and stick to the naturalization act of the 1790's.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Since you can't state disagreement, you will only get responses that agree with you which makes it pretty silly.

Born in 1953.

I'm pretty sure that we have a President and administration now who will enforce the law if we have a comprehensive immigration law. So let's leave what isn't happening for another discussion and focus on what the law should be in this one.
This may come as a surprise but ICE removals have changed little since Trump took office.
2015 - 235,413
2016 - 240,215
2017 - 236,219

The real problem in deporting people is not so much who is president but the immigration system itself. For example:

• Every year the backlog of cases in immigration court grows due to a lack of qualified immigration judges. It now stands at 217,000 cases.
  • The backlog also is growing because more defendants have legal council and they are not agreeing to voluntary deportation.
  • Lastly, conducting immigration raids has become increasingly difficult with the lack of local support from citizens and local law enforcement. As long as immigration laws are regarded as unfair and enforced inconsistently, communities with large immigrant populations are going resist deportations and there's little the federal government can do to get that support.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Most liberals are pro-labor and oppose criminal illegal immigration, and also favor drastically reducing legal immigration and handing out green cards. They backed Cesar Chavez, the GI Forum, and all the other latino rights movements. You Commies and traitors aren't 'liberals'. and in fact hate liberals, and most liberals will indeed vote for many of the poll's positions. Your racist dreams of wiping out Whitey are just doomed to failure. Hoping for a non-white majority won't do a thing for you. Minorities don't like each other, nor do they like white Commies and 'leftists'.
You're about 40 year behind. Union membership is down from 35% of the private sector of the workforce in 1983 to 6.7% today and minorities are a significant part of that membership. Labor unions no longer regard immigrants as a threat. In fact, labor unions are moving to protect immigrants, regardless of legal status. Just as membership has fallen in unions, they are no longer the force they once were in the democratic party.

Born in 1953.

Comprehensive immigration reform would be impossible at this point in time and even it was possible, it certainly would not include most the proposed changes.

Thoughts?
Legal immigration and stick to the naturalization act of the 1790's.

The Constitution of the 1990's however specified that all born on American soil are automatically citizens. That is a magnet for pregnant women in labor to cross the border where they will receive free hospitalization and a doctor to deliver their babies at U.S. taxpayer expense. And they know that we don't have the heart to send her home without the baby and it is illegal for us to deport the baby. That is why this practice earns the title of 'anchor babies' because it is the woman's ticket to not be deported.

We need a constitutional amendment to get away from jus soli and to make jus sanguinis (citizenship is determined by one or both parents being citizens) the law of the land.

That is just one provision among many to fix our broken immigration system.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Since you can't state disagreement, you will only get responses that agree with you which makes it pretty silly.

You can discuss why any provision is not advisable. You can explain why you can't check any of the options. Not checking the options is disagreement in itself. Whining about inability to do so on a poll severely restricted by what we can include is what is pretty silly.

I wish there was a way to check yes or no on the posted poll options. But since there is no such ability offered we do the best we can.

This may come as a surprise but ICE removals have changed little since Trump took office.
2015 - 235,413
2016 - 240,215
2017 - 236,219

The real problem in deporting people is not so much who is president but the immigration system itself. For example:

• Every year the backlog of cases in immigration court grows due to a lack of qualified immigration judges. It now stands at 217,000 cases.
  • The backlog also is growing because more defendants have legal council and they are not agreeing to voluntary deportation.
  • Lastly, conducting immigration raids has become increasingly difficult with the lack of local support from citizens and local law enforcement. As long as immigration laws are regarded as unfair and enforced inconsistently, communities with large immigrant populations are going resist deportations and there's little the federal government can do to get that support.

So what should the immigration law be? That is the topic of this thread.

Comprehensive immigration reform would be impossible at this point in time and even it was possible, it certainly would not include most the proposed changes.

Why is it impossible? And what should be included in immigration reform?

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

You're about 40 year behind. Union membership is down from 35% of the private sector of the workforce in 1983 to 6.7% today and minorities are a significant part of that membership. Labor unions no longer regard immigrants as a threat. In fact, labor unions are moving to protect immigrants, regardless of legal status. Just as membership has fallen in unions, they are no longer the force they once were in the democratic party.

Democrats tossed out liberals in the 1980's, in favor of 'globalism' and labor racketeering, so yes, union membership is way down; democrats wanted to destroy unions, too many white guys benefiting from it. You're about 100 years behind supporting liberal policies, so quit claiming to be one; you're just an establishment shill for 'globalism' and promoting racism, is all, nothing liberal or even mildly 'progressive' about your criminal illegal immigration positions.

Why is it impossible? And what should be included in immigration reform?

He's reminding us Democrats and 'progressives' don't want, nor will they support, immigration reform; they want race wars and illegal votes. They want open borders, and they want ethnic cleansing of white proles; see their new DNC heads for what they want their leadership to promote.

Forum List

Back