Immigration is Destroying America.

immigration to this nation tells you one thing, we are successful and others want to join in....

I have 3 cats in my household. Other cats that roam around homeless would like to join in.....but I can't handle any more cats. Just how it is.

Immigration isn't destroying America. Big Government & Cronyism are destroying America.

We had big govt in the 1950s, 60s, & 70s with much higher tax rates. We had better economies then too. I'll agree that cronyism is bad, but none of this means that immigration isn't contributing to the destruction of America. Of course it is.

What's heartening to consider is that today's immigrants, like those who came before them, are learning English, assimilating to American culture, and becoming part of the fabric of our nation while adding to its richness. The melting pot is still simmering away. Most of the misconceptions that cause fear and outrage among the ignorant, misinformed, or merely weak-minded stem from yet more ill-considered attempts at fucking with our social fabric from the left. As always, they undertake this destructive behavior when they feel the need to control some population, pander for votes, or undermine for the sake of undermining as if they really cannot conceive that "change" can be for the worse as well as for the better.

Here are what I see as the HARMS of Immigration (in America). Feel free to dispute, debate, confirm, or whatever on any one or combination of these. This should be a good, rousing debate (but please try to stay on topic)

Harms of Immigration

1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).

2. Wage reduction.

3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).

4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($40 Billion year).

5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.

6. Increased crime.

7. Increased traffic congestion.

8. Increased pollution.

9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.

10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.

11. Overcrowding in government offices.

12. Overcrowding in schools.

13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.

14. Cultural erosion.

15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)

16. Introduction of foreign diseases

Even though I pay more taxes than most of you, I'm sorry for destroying your country, Murikins.

Apologies are designed for the benefit of the apologizer. A self-serving act to get oneself "off the hook". If you're an immigrant, you're not off the hook UNLESS you are bringing lots$$$ of capital. opening up business, and creating jobs FOR AMERICANS, or bringing some special skill we have a demand for (this is rare).

Last edited:
What's heartening to consider is that today's immigrants, like those who came before them, are learning English, assimilating to American culture, and becoming part of the fabric of our nation while adding to its richness. The melting pot is still simmering away. Most of the misconceptions that cause fear and outrage among the ignorant, misinformed, or merely weak-minded stem from yet more ill-considered attempts at fucking with our social fabric from the left. As always, they undertake this destructive behavior when they feel the need to control some population, pander for votes, or undermine for the sake of undermining as if they really cannot conceive that "change" can be for the worse as well as for the better.

They can conceive that the change is for the worse (to the nation as a whole), but they (the left) don't care as long as it creates more VOTES for them (Democrats), so in general, I agree with you on this post. And it is sickening they way they pander.

Hey guess what? Immigration is not now, nor has it ever been, "destroying America." The mewling of the ignorant, cowardly, and weak notwithstanding, immigration is as inherent and vital an aspect of the character and identity of America today as it has always been.

Needless to say, anyone who can't or won't understand this simply doesn't understand America, the principles upon which it was founded, or what this greatest nation continues to stand for. Anyone fitting this description can't really - in the politico-philosophical sense - be considered an American, regardless of their citizenship or place of birth.

Here are what I see as the HARMS of Immigration (in America). Feel free to dispute, debate, confirm, or whatever on any one or combination of these. This should be a good, rousing debate (but please try to stay on topic)

Harms of Immigration

2. Wage reduction.

6. Increased crime.

8. Increased pollution.

14. Cultural erosion.

15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)

Especially Whites, huh? Why is that?

Harms of Immigration

2. Wage reduction.

6. Increased crime.

8. Increased pollution.

14. Cultural erosion.

you left this off the list...

The-stealth-jihad-of-Islamic-immigration.png

Hey guess what? Immigration is not now, nor has it ever been, "destroying America." The mewling of the ignorant, cowardly, and weak notwithstanding, immigration is as inherent and vital an aspect of the character and identity of America today as it has always been.

Needless to say, anyone who can't or won't understand this simply doesn't understand America, the principles upon which it was founded, or what this greatest nation continues to stand for. Anyone fitting this description can't really - in the politico-philosophical sense - be considered an American, regardless of their citizenship or place of birth.

You're living in the past. The US already has enough people. Time to close the door before there's no more room. Especially to beaners (we have enough) and muslims (we just plain flat out don't want any).

You're living in the past. The US already has enough people.

Feel free to remove yourself if you think so. Make way for someone more deserving.

Anyone who buys into this ludicrous notion, has no conception of the simple geographic principles of population control that all nations employ, to protect themselves from the harms of immigration, as noted in the OP. As geographers around the worlds teach (including me 40 years ago), immigration laws are devised for this purpose. So that nations won't exceed their carrying capacity, thereby damaging themselves.

In the case of the USA, it's optimum population (relative to resource base) was passed in 1860 (at 30 million). If we had done as Canada (with a size & resource base about equiv, to us) has done (ie. keep population to a slim 30 million), then like Canada, who has a surplus of oil, we could/would be EXporting oil, and selling it for big bucks$$$ to bolster our finances. Instead we don't get to do that and our finances are $17 trillion in debt, while we IMport 70% of our oil.

And from what country do we buy more oil than any other country ? >> Canada.

Of course all this is just ONE facet of the overall Harms of Immigration list >>

Harms of Immigration

2. Wage reduction.

6. Increased crime.

8. Increased pollution.

14. Cultural erosion.

16. Introduction of foreign diseases.

Harms of Immigration

2. Wage reduction.

6. Increased crime.

8. Increased pollution.

14. Cultural erosion.

You forgot to mention all the money sent back to mexico. It's second only to oil in the mexican economy. They need to tax the shit out of any money sent back to mexico.

You're living in the past. The US already has enough people.

Feel free to remove yourself if you think so. Make way for someone more deserving.

What makes you think an immigrant who has never worked in the USA, paid taxes into it, served in its militaries, done volunteer work, etc would be more deserving than an American who has done all those things ? And maybe that American has worked and paid taxes here for 50 years (as I have done)

Harms of Immigration

2. Wage reduction.

6. Increased crime.

8. Increased pollution.

14. Cultural erosion.

Especially Whites, huh? Why is that?

Can't you read ? I TOLD you why. Because of Affirmative Action discrimination.

Harms of Immigration

2. Wage reduction.

4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($170 Billion year).

6. Increased crime.

8. Increased pollution.

14. Cultural erosion.

You forgot to mention all the money sent back to mexico. It's second only to oil in the mexican economy. They need to tax the shit out of any money sent back to mexico.

I did NOT forget all the money sent back to Mexico. That's what # 4 on the list (Remittances) is. And Mexico has been receiving $25 Billion/year of it. See my OP devoted entirely to this subject >> http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...nvasion-of-the-united-states-1950-2012-a.html

Last edited:

You're living in the past. The US already has enough people. Time to close the door before there's no more room. Especially to beaners (we have enough) and muslims (we just plain flat out don't want any).

CORRECT!! And there hasn't BEEN any more room for a very long time.

When I first started working in machine shops in the early eighties mexicans made up about 5% of employees. When I retired it was around 80% and wages stagnated because they would work for less.

They took away jobs that our kids did like mowing lawns. When I was a kid I made a shitload of money cutting grass. They also are stealing min wage jobs from our kids and now they are demanding increases in min wage for jobs that were never meant to be anything but starter jobs.

They dont care about Ameirca and what it stands for. They only care about the money and couldnt give a shit about patriotism.

They send the money they do make back to mexico instead of spending it in the US costing us untold millions in taxes and business revenues.

And dont try and compare them to the Irish or any other immigrant. They came here and even went as far as to change their names to fit in. mexicans come here and demand we bow to their culture.

There is no doubt they cause damage to America.

The whole "we're full" bit is beyond silly. It is, of course, mere ignorance motivated by irrational fear.

The US is 142nd in the world in terms of population density. Hardly "overcrowded" by any reasonable standard. Our agricultural efficiency and capacity are unprecedented in human history. We produce far more food than we could possibly consume. In fact, the world produces far more than enough for every man, woman, and child alive if it were equally distributed (which is, of course, impossible). I think some fool here has been going on as if our capacity - in every sense - were unchanged since the 1800s, which is just too stupid for words. Our culture thrives, as it always has, on the dynamic interaction of old and new as immigrants assimilate while adding to the richness of the 'stew.'

How Much Does Immigration Boost Innovation?

http://www.bushcenter.org/sites/def...s to U.S. Entrepreneurship and Innovation.pdf

JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Even illegal immigrants contribute to economic growth, but that is no excuse for violating US sovereignty or 'jumping the line' ahead of those ethical enough to respect the nation and go about it the right way.

Harms of Immigration

2. Wage reduction.

4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($170 Billion year).

6. Increased crime.

8. Increased pollution.

14. Cultural erosion.

The first and the last are possible effects of immigration. The rest are simply effects of an increase in population.

And will always be.

Forum List

Back