Immigrants Sent $140 Billion From U.S. Back To Homelands in 2016

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Got that? $140 BILLION! Money that doesn't go back into our economy.

But, what can be done to stop it? Legally?

And here are the countries who get the most:

remittance-countries.png

No surprises here.

Story @ Billions of dollars are lost to US economy each year as migrants send money back home

remittance-countries.png

No surprises here.

Story @ Billions of dollars are lost to US economy each year as migrants send money back home

"But, what can be done to stop it? Legally?"

There could be a way to tax it at say 90%, that way your American Treasury would get most of that money. I agree you should have a way to stop them sending all that money back to Mexico, China etc.

thank you--I forgot about this one
add this to my long list of why we need to cut legal immigration

You gripe that immigrants send $140 billion of their own money overseas

Yet, you celebrate when American corporations stash trillions of dollars overseas
please provide proof now that the OP celebrates corporations stashing $$$

You gripe that immigrants send $140 billion of their own money back home

Yet, you celebrate when American corporations stash trillions of dollars overseas

US companies are hoarding $2.5 trillion in cash overseas

Big Corporations should not be allowed to do this, here in Europa we have already the last year 2017 taken measures to restrict our own Big Corporations from doing what those American ones are still doing, this is something we all support the non-stashing of trillions in places such as the Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands etc.

Don't see any threads....do you?
how come --many times--I ask for proof, and the poster does not provide it??!!!
THEN----link the threads
it must be EASY to do, if you are so sure of yourself and it is so widespread--as you say
--but you didn't

I know if I'm so sure of something, I can provide proof instantly when asked

You gripe that immigrants send $140 billion of their own money back home

US companies are hoarding $2.5 trillion in cash overseas
Your greatest enemies are your own citizens.

Welfare parasites breed and breed.

As long as those immigrants earn their money honestly, some corporation in US have been benefited by their work. Once it's their money, it's up to them to send to anyone they wish.

THEN----link the threads
it must be EASY to do, if you are so sure of yourself and it is so widespread--as you say
--but you didn't

Poor Snowflake

THEN----link the threads
--but you didn't

Poor Snowflake
great evidence you have there....impressive

Why do some posters have nothing to post but negative stuff about corporations? Do they not understand that corporations would not exist without PEOPLE who invest in them?

remittance-countries.png

No surprises here.

The left sees it as money redistribution, which they are all for. Why should money stay in the states and help keep small businesses afloat?

That is why they made it so easy for illegals to come here and help export our money. The Obama admin set up a system so illegals can easily wire money back to their own countries. It's either free or dirt cheap for them and the offer does not extend to citizens trying to wire money across the states.

The left wants illegals to have driver's licenses, as if that will magically improve their driving and allow them to look legit. Also makes sure they can register to vote.

Our federal government and some states have bent over backwards to reward illegal immigration and protect those who break the law. Illegal aliens are often favored over citizens when it comes to getting free education and other goodies.

----------------------
"Bureaucracy example
I need a social security card to get a PA drivers license since I just moved from MD. I go online to the Social Security Admin website and they say I can request one online. I spent a lot of time navigating through the SSA registration process, setting up dual-factor security getting a code, entering the code, only to see this menu. It would be funny if it weren't such a huge waste of time for me."

27752497_10215774497302582_903889947704087556_n.jpg

Why should I care what people do with their own money?

remittance-countries.png

No surprises here.

"But, what can be done to stop it? Legally?"

There could be a way to tax it at say 90%, that way your American Treasury would get most of that money. I agree you should have a way to stop them sending all that money back to Mexico, China etc.
Correct! I have always said that this is the best way to pay for the wall. Many other countries tax remittances. Why can't we?

There is a problem to trying to stop it. The first way they send their money is via Western Union which goes everywhere in the world. At one point do you trace and/or limit Western Union.

The other is simply getting a money order that can be cashed in at any overseas bank. Again, how do you control people buying money orders?

A 40% tax on remittances would help reduce the deficit.

Or just uphold immigration laws so most can't get here to send any money. And, yes, for those anchor babies who send money back, a tax would be reasonable. They send billions out of the country each year. Add that to the billions we send other countries and it's not hard to understand why we don't have money for infrastructure and why the social security money is in jeopardy. Politicians are addicts. They cannot stop themselves from spending every dime they find. They are like drug addicts searching through people's medicine cabinets hoping they will find something. That is how leftist politicians are when they sit in Washington looking for news to tax us so they can get their grubby hands on more of our money. Meanwhile, they help illegals send money out of the country. Illegals get tax refunds by claiming kids that probably aren't in the states, if they even exist, and they enjoy free schooling and everything else. Lib politicians only like to take from the citizens who work.

Have you seen the ads bashing the new tax laws? They are trying to scare people by making them believe only wealthy people will get tax cuts. Such bullshit. They want to repeal it before people have a chance to talk to H & R Block and other tax people and find out that they will be paying much less. We get raked over the coals at tax time and all fear the mighty IRS. Illegals know they'll get big checks without question. Even if some get notices that they are being audited, they are probably using fake identities anyway so good luck catching them. Some citizens have actually gotten nasty letters from the IRS after having their identities stolen. And the government doesn't give a shit when an illegal uses someone else's name or ss#.

Forum List

Back