Immigrants now travel 'first-class'

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
When you have the money, you can have a very comfortable journey and not be crammed into a vessel. You just have to hope that you don't get caught.

Immigrants now travel 'first-class'

©The Daily Telegraph | 23 April, 2015 00:11

2015-04-20T002112Z_01_ASB510_RTRIDSP_3_EUROPE-MIGRANTS-ITALY-20-04-2015-02-04-58-507.jpg

The refugees, believed to be relatively wealthy middle-class professionals, even took "selfies" of each other on board the 25m-long boat. File photo
Image by: ALESSANDRO BIANCHI / REUTERS

While poverty-stricken Africans and Asians are packed like slaves into leaky fishing boats crossing the Mediterranean from Libya, a new type of "first-class" refugee is emerging - wealthy Syrians paying thousands of euros to be taken to Europe in yachts and motor launches.
SAVE & SHARE

EMAIL
PRINT

Italian police this week impounded a private yacht in the port of Pozzallo, Sicily, after it brought 98 Syrians and Palestinians from Turkey, with each adult refugee paying €8500 (over R110000) to smugglers.

There was a discount for the 23 children on board.

Continue reading at:

Immigrants now travel first-class - Times LIVE?

Sooo... what's the type of reaction you're hoping/expecting for this?

I want you to reimburse them for the money they spent since they were caught.
Why? If you gamble shouldn't you be prepared to lose?

I heard you were Mr. Moneybags who would gladly give them the money back that they lost by being stopped.
Sorry I need to stop you here. I sincerely don't know what message you're trying to deliver in this thread. Could you clarify? I'm not sure who you think are, if at all, the good or bad guys.

Forum List

Back