IMF: We were wrong about Keynesian Economics

People need to stop worrying about economic theory so much. With as much data that there is available there is no reason to have such a continuing debate, do what works, don't do what hurts, fuck the theories.

Yep,

Having the best sciencific insitutions on earth, check
Having first world infrastructure to move goods across our nation, check!
Having a good educational system that could better, check!
Strong police and civil liberty laws, check
Regulating outlining a fair and just market? Check!
Spending on r@d, needs to be more, but check!

All reasons why America leads the effin world. Does any of the theories of the tea party do that? I doubt it.

People need to stop worrying about economic theory so much. With as much data that there is available there is no reason to have such a continuing debate, do what works, don't do what hurts, fuck the theories.

Well what obviously isn't working is $trillions in Wall Street/Central Bank giveaways, zero interest rates, monthly $billions in bond buying and otherwise completely ignoring the middle class.
All we have done since the recession began is guarantee the profits of the investor class/central banks and super corporations. All are doing fantastically well.
Obama is THE single largest trickle-down economics President in history. And the Democrats love him. You just can't make this shit up.

Yep,

All reasons why America leads the effin world. Does any of the theories of the tea party do that? I doubt it.

Two infrastructure points. US railroads are the worst in the developed world. Foreigners like me are amazed to see your towns festooned with overhead power cables - primitive or what.

Yep,

Two infrastructure points. US railroads are the worst in the developed world. Foreigners like me are amazed to see your towns festooned with overhead power cables - primitive or what.

Sure would be a good idea for us Americans to invest for once in upgrading them, along with adopting a better educational system(17th). The republicans offer no plans besides handing it over to unelected corporations without regulations. :eek:

Last edited:

Well what obviously isn't working is $trillions in Wall Street/Central Bank giveaways, zero interest rates, monthly $billions in bond buying and otherwise completely ignoring the middle class.
All we have done since the recession began is guarantee the profits of the investor class/central banks and super corporations. All are doing fantastically well.
Obama is THE single largest trickle-down economics President in history. And the Democrats love him. You just can't make this shit up.

Did i say anything about Obama? I said look at the data, if necessary hire as much super computing as needed, find what works and do that minus the unproductive fight over these two competing economic theories or bullshit politics. There is no need at this late date to still have such horrible disagreement over how to stabilize an economy. The only reason is that peroidic booms and busts help those who can somewhat manipulate the market. How can you buy low and sell high if all we have is boring slow but steady growth?

The new “IMF Working Paper,” titled “Growth Forecast Errors and Fiscal Multipliers,” prepared by Blanchard and Daniel Leigh of their Research Department, reports that whereas the IMF had been accepting conservative economists’ estimates that the multiplier was “about 0.5” percent growth, the “actual multipliers were substantially above 1 early in the crisis,” which was the period when the IMF was recommending and pursuing “fiscal consolidation,” which is called in the United States “austerity.”

In other words, the policy recommended by the Republican Party’s economists, and which has actually been tried especially in Europe, has failed miserably.

Here are some of the things the IMF study reports:

Read more: The IMF Admits It Was Wrong About Keynesianism - Business Insider

So what did they finally determine?

That Keyneisan spending during a serious economic downturn is FAR MORE EFFECTIVE than they're originally thought.

Cracks me up.

However what this fails to say is that the Keynesian spending means SPENDING not giving trillions to BANKS.

Which is what both Bush II and Obama mostly have done.

The new “IMF Working Paper,” titled “Growth Forecast Errors and Fiscal Multipliers,” prepared by Blanchard and Daniel Leigh of their Research Department, reports that whereas the IMF had been accepting conservative economists’ estimates that the multiplier was “about 0.5” percent growth, the “actual multipliers were substantially above 1 early in the crisis,” which was the period when the IMF was recommending and pursuing “fiscal consolidation,” which is called in the United States “austerity.”

In other words, the policy recommended by the Republican Party’s economists, and which has actually been tried especially in Europe, has failed miserably.

That Keyneisan spending during a serious economic downturn is FAR MORE EFFECTIVE than they're originally thought.

Cracks me up.

However what this fails to say is that the Keynesian spending means SPENDING not giving trillions to BANKS.

Yep, exactly,

We needed to spend on infrastructure, science, r@D and education. This would of made us a better and stronger country. The goddamn banks own the republican party!

Cracks me up.

Yep, exactly,

We needed to spend on infrastructure, science, r@D and education. This would of made us a better and stronger country. The goddamn banks own the republican party!

Of course they own the R party, but are you so clueless to not know they also own the D party? It is all a scam...a scam on par with what organized crime is notorious for.

Government and organized crime have much in common. The sad thing is most Americans can recognize the harm committed by organized crime, but are ignorant of the much GREATER harm committed by government.

Did i say anything about Obama? I said look at the data, if necessary hire as much super computing as needed, find what works and do that minus the unproductive fight over these two competing economic theories or bullshit politics. There is no need at this late date to still have such horrible disagreement over how to stabilize an economy. The only reason is that peroidic booms and busts help those who can somewhat manipulate the market. How can you buy low and sell high if all we have is boring slow but steady growth?

slow but steady growth????
Where have you been? Wall Street has had three record years since 2008. The top investor class has enjoyed an extraordinary 28% earnings increase...slow and steady...Jesus.
The top 7% earners have bathed in 28% earnings increase while the remaining 93% of the population has sucked on a 5% decrease.
The only "theory" that has existed for the past 6 years is the government enriching themselves and their corporate/investor friends.

Where have you been? Wall Street has had three record years since 2008. The top investor class has enjoyed an extraordinary 28% earnings increase...slow and steady...Jesus.
The top 7% earners have bathed in 28% earnings increase while the remaining 93% of the population has sucked on a 5% decrease.
The only "theory" that has existed for the past 6 years is the government enriching themselves and their corporate/investor friends.

Good points but I would add that "government enriching themselves and their corporate/investor friends" as you put it has been going on for a lot longer than 6 years, heck it's been the modus operandi of the institution of the state since it's inception (economic exploitation of the masses to enrich those in and around the halls of state power).

Anybody that believes that either major political party has ANY intention of interfering with this reality is fooling themselves, it only gets worse from here regardless of what the miscreants in Washington say about "fairness". The machinery of the state will engorge itself at the expense of the citizenry as much and as quickly as it thinks it can get away with.

Good points but I would add that "government enriching themselves and their corporate/investor friends" as you put it has been going on for a lot longer than 6 years, heck it's been the modus operandi of the institution of the state since it's inception (economic exploitation of the masses to enrich those in and around the halls of state power).

Anybody that believes that either major political party has ANY intention of interfering with this reality is fooling themselves, it only gets worse from here regardless of what the miscreants in Washington say about "fairness". The machinery of the state will engorge itself at the expense of the citizenry as much and as quickly as it thinks it can get away with.

I agree, what I should have said is the level of engorging the wealthy/corporate class by the government has dramatically escalated in the past 6 years.
It is of course true this has been going on for 35 years now. And has been on the increase ever since. But when the recession hit - the only thing Obama/Bush did was rescue the profits of the largest corporations/central banks. Screw everyone else.
And Obama has escalated it even more. As I have said over and over and over and over - Obama is the greatest friend to the corporatist state and Wall Street in American history.
And the left cheer when he talks about income disparity. :cuckoo:

For the IMF's next trick, they will grasp another central planning theory and ignore the fact that it is the central planning that causes the problems in the first place. Well done!

That's why you punish idiots that waste money. The government needs to hold a high standard towards what project, research and infrastructure is done. Our government has become lazy and stupid....

So you want to drive across that 50 year old bridge? Or watch our first rate science programs be killed off. Well, you're not rooting for a strong America.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back