IMF: Japan And Spain Are DONE!

It isn't a question of whether the economy is better or not. We all know the answer to that one. The question is whether trade strengthens the economy. The answer is yes. Even imports strengthen the economy, much less exports.
Here's a hint: mercantilism is dead.
Here's a hint: The American Economy is Dead.

Free Trade killed it.

Your solution: More Free Trade! :uhoh3:

Here's a hint; get your head out of Ron Paul's ass.
Here's a hint: Stop being butthurt over Dick Perry having to ask Ron Paul which Gov't agencies he'd close down. (During a live debate no less!)

Sounds about what will happen here under Obama,spending more than you make never works,and Obama gets the golden ring for spending money that does not exsit...womb to the tomb entitlements will destroy this Country,1/4 of the Country on disability,1/4 does not work ,1/4 on welfare ,looks to me like the taxpayer is an endangered species...:eusa_boohoo:

Reagan did the same, but you are not complaing about him.

spending more than you make never works
businesses borrow all the time. If you borrow, today, to do something profitable; and make so much money, that you can pay back your loan (and then some); then over-spending, today, to make even more money, tomorrow, can "work". Businesses (and homeowners) do so all the time

Once again..you show you don't have any idea what you are talking about.

In Japan, for example, the government began cutting back on benefits. This in turn caused employers to cut life time guarantees on employment since the burden now fell to them to provide more benefits. Japan's suicide rate began to soar and women stopped having kids. And it left Japan in a stagnated economy for over a decade.

Austerity measures in Spain didn't have quite the same effect, but it created a back lash that ousted conservatives from power.

Holy hell....yeah that is why Japan failed, because the government gave less benefits to citizens. :lol: My God man - where do you get this shit?

Dunno..I've been to Japan several times. You? What was you fave..

And those benefits are not "given".

The Japanese pay a good amount of taxes for them.

Total tax receipts to the central government covers social security payments and interest payments.

That's it.

They are truly fucked.

Last edited:
Holy hell....yeah that is why Japan failed, because the government gave less benefits to citizens. :lol: My God man - where do you get this shit?

Dunno..I've been to Japan several times. You? What was you fave..

And those benefits are not "given".

The Japanese pay a good amount of taxes for them.

Total tax receipts to the central government covers social security payments and interest.

That's it.

They are truly fucked.
I'm thinking their only "out" is to have China buy the entire country, minus the radioactive parts of course.

The Japanese are not having babies.

Come on now. Lots of people in Japan are having babies. The population challenges facing Japan are a sign of things to come for most industrialized countries before long, and all countries eventually. US fertility rates would be below replacement levels too if not for all our immigration. Economies all over the world are going to have to find ways to cope with global population contraction sooner or later.

Sounds about what will happen here under Obama,spending more than you make never works,and Obama gets the golden ring for spending money that does not exsit...womb to the tomb entitlements will destroy this Country,1/4 of the Country on disability,1/4 does not work ,1/4 on welfare ,looks to me like the taxpayer is an endangered species...:eusa_boohoo:

That's not what Obama did.

Both Japan and Spain carried out austerity measures that got them into a fix. In any case, both countries still have sound banking systems and are nothing like Greece.

Spain's banking sector isn't looking so "sound" lately.

In Japan, for example, the government began cutting back on benefits. This in turn caused employers to cut life time guarantees on employment since the burden now fell to them to provide more benefits. Japan's suicide rate began to soar and women stopped having kids. And it left Japan in a stagnated economy for over a decade.

Japanese companies have been adjusting their practices for decades in order to try and remain competitive in the global economy. The national economy has ground to a crawl because, instead of encouraging the innovation and competitiveness of the 50s - 80s, the government started raising taxes and imposing more and more regulation on business. Several global economic crises further strained the system and attempts to 'stimulate' out of the problem with lots and lots of pointless make-work jobs didn't work. Recently taxes have been jacked up again (by A LOT) and that is unlikely to improve the situation on a larger scale.

I don't know about Spain but Japan is fucked.

The truth is that both countries overspent and raised taxes. Japan tried no less than 18 stimulus plans, never worked. Spain was doing really well up until 2008, when they had their own housing bubble and credit crisis. They spent too much in the good times, made too many promises they couldn't keep when the shit hit the fan. Both are planning on big tax hikes, which aren't going to help economic growth any. I think they're both fucked.

Forum List

Back