Imbecilic Leftist Law Professor Calls Constitution ‘Imbecilic’

Fatally flawed means there is a flaw in the Constitution and it cannot survive. I doubt that any instructor of the Constitution would say fatally flawed, flawed yes but not fatally. The Constitution had, and still has, some flaws, two flaws required amendment immediatly and other flaws have been corrected by usage, amendments and court decisions.
One of the problems of changing the Constitution is that we no longer percieve that document as a plan to establish a working government but have made it into a devine document ordained by God, similar to the devine right of kings to rule. Another problems is practical, some people benefit by the Constitution, as is, and want no change.
The framers believed in the Constittution being changed and the fact that it has been amended only 27 times may indicate the difficulty of changing rather than need. Too easy to change by the same token, means hundreds of amendments each reflecting some vested interests desires ala the California Constitution with 600 amendments.
But the Constitution may never again, be changed, to make government better but only to profit some monied interests.

Republicans have submitted 42 Amendments since Obama took office. Guess they don't like it as much as the say they do. Separation of Church and State? We know they don't believe that.

How many have Democrats submitted? How many actually passed either house? both? Were signed by Obama and sent to the states?

Do you have a brain?

Does it matter how many have passed either chamber? The point is that it's weird to treat the Constitution as sacred, noting that people are very eager to change it for various ends.

I don't agree with the professor's idea. I understand the frustration, but the biggest problem is the filibuster. One party (probably the Republicans) will get angry enough to get rid of it at some point.

Can you post the sentence in which Obama "rips" the constitution.

I couldn't see it in what you posted, given most of the link was given over to the comments of some nutcase talkshow host.

I'll do better, from his own big mouth...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQTL2d5m2dI]Obama Says That The Flaw With America Is Reflected In The US Constitution - YouTube[/ame]

Isn't the flaw he was talking about the implicit endorsement of the systematic enslavement and insutitionalized denigration of an entire race?

The flaw that caused the Civil War?

Fatally flawed means there is a flaw in the Constitution and it cannot survive. I doubt that any instructor of the Constitution would say fatally flawed, flawed yes but not fatally. The Constitution had, and still has, some flaws, two flaws required amendment immediatly and other flaws have been corrected by usage, amendments and court decisions.
One of the problems of changing the Constitution is that we no longer percieve that document as a plan to establish a working government but have made it into a devine document ordained by God, similar to the devine right of kings to rule. Another problems is practical, some people benefit by the Constitution, as is, and want no change.
The framers believed in the Constittution being changed and the fact that it has been amended only 27 times may indicate the difficulty of changing rather than need. Too easy to change by the same token, means hundreds of amendments each reflecting some vested interests desires ala the California Constitution with 600 amendments.
But the Constitution may never again, be changed, to make government better but only to profit some monied interests.

I would agree that Obama's use of the word "fatally" is poorly chosen, given the constitution obviously will survive.

To me the problem has become the religiou awe in which people enshrine the constitution - as if it were some magical thing handed down by god.

It's an impressive work made by sometimes less than perfect people, just ordinary mortals who did not know that one day we would have an internet, 50mm canons, gay marriages or abortion issues.

The basis of all law needs to be organic and flexible - and I fear the constitution isn't.

Can you post the sentence in which Obama "rips" the constitution.

I couldn't see it in what you posted, given most of the link was given over to the comments of some nutcase talkshow host.

I'll do better, from his own big mouth...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQTL2d5m2dI]Obama Says That The Flaw With America Is Reflected In The US Constitution - YouTube[/ame]

Isn't the flaw he was talking about the implicit endorsement of the systematic enslavement and insutitionalized denigration of an entire race?

Yes, it is.

But AJ so loves freedom of speech that he doesn't want you to talk about that.

Obviously the OP and many others on the right didn’t read, or comprehend, the actual NYT opinion piece.

The author is advocating what conservatives also advocate: the elimination of the rule of law and judicial review and making judges and courts ‘more accountable’ to the will of the people.

Rightists are equally ‘imbecilic.’

Mindlessly repeating leftist lies about conservatism is evidence of nothing but your inability to think for yourself.

Conservatives advocate elimination of the rule of law? Horseshit.

Forum List

Back