Imagine

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Imagine for a moment that somewhere in the middle of Texas there was a large foreign military base, say Chinese or Russian. Imagine that thousands of armed foreign troops were constantly patrolling American streets in military vehicles. Imagine they were here under the auspices of “keeping us safe” or “promoting democracy” or “protecting their strategic interests.”

Imagine that they operated outside of US law, and that the Constitution did not apply to them. Imagine that every now and then they made mistakes or acted on bad information and accidentally killed or terrorized innocent Americans, including women and children, most of the time with little to no repercussions or consequences. Imagine that they set up check points on our soil and routinely searched and ransacked entire neighborhoods of homes. Imagine if Americans were fearful of these foreign troops, and overwhelmingly thought America would be better off without their presence.

Congressman Ron Paul - Imagine - Texas Straight Talk

Imagine for a moment that somewhere in the middle of Texas there was a large foreign military base, say Chinese or Russian. Imagine that thousands of armed foreign troops were constantly patrolling American streets in military vehicles. Imagine they were here under the auspices of “keeping us safe” or “promoting democracy” or “protecting their strategic interests.”

Imagine that they operated outside of US law, and that the Constitution did not apply to them. Imagine that every now and then they made mistakes or acted on bad information and accidentally killed or terrorized innocent Americans, including women and children, most of the time with little to no repercussions or consequences. Imagine that they set up check points on our soil and routinely searched and ransacked entire neighborhoods of homes. Imagine if Americans were fearful of these foreign troops, and overwhelmingly thought America would be better off without their presence.

Paul is being disingenuous. The scenario he presents is jaundiced to his point of view. His attitudes about foreign policy are THE biggest reason he has no support from me.

Paul is being disingenuous. The scenario he presents is jaundiced to his point of view. His attitudes about foreign policy are THE biggest reason he has no support from me.

How is it jaundiced to his point of view? I think he's absolutely correct that Americans would object to a foreign nation having a military presence in the United States.

How is it jaundiced to his point of view? I think he's absolutely correct that Americans would object to a foreign nation having a military presence in the United States.
He's not talking about the US, he's building a strawman case AGAINST US presence on foreign soil.

He's not talking about the US, he's building a strawman case AGAINST US presence on foreign soil.

His point is that we'd object to it here, and they're going to object to it over there. I think that's a direct quote of his from one of the debates, as well.

His point is that we'd object to it here, and they're going to object to it over there. I think that's a direct quote of his from one of the debates, as well.
It's disingenuous. We invaded Iraq to get rid of Sodamn Insane. We stayed there to help the people of Iraq rebuild. There are some Iraqis who object, but the vast majority do not. MOST of the "objectors" WERE from outside the country, not from within.

He's simply being dishonest and greatly over-simplifying for the morons who listen to his dumb ass.

It's disingenuous. We invaded Iraq to get rid of Sodamn Insane. We stayed there to help the people of Iraq rebuild. There are some Iraqis who object, but the vast majority do not. MOST of the "objectors" WERE from outside the country, not from within.

He's simply being dishonest and greatly over-simplifying for the morons who listen to his dumb ass.

We invaded a nation that did no harm to us and made a huge mess of the region. I'd say his scenario is a pretty good one.

We invaded a nation that did no harm to us and made a huge mess of the region. I'd say his scenario is a pretty good one.
It was already a great big mess. Iraq "did no harm to us" but was shooting at our planes which were lawfully patrolling the no-fly zone, WAS funding terrorists and allowing them training bases on his soil, and now WE have control of the center of the chessboard that is the Middle east.

IslamoNazis and idiots like Paul HATE that!

Ron Paul is a dumbass. "NO" is his only answer. He lies about his reasons for no.

It was already a great big mess. Iraq "did no harm to us" but was shooting at our planes which were lawfully patrolling the no-fly zone, WAS funding terrorists and allowing them training bases on his soil, and now WE have control of the center of the chessboard that is the Middle east.

IslamoNazis and idiots like Paul HATE that!

Ron Paul is a dumbass. "NO" is his only answer. He lies about his reasons for no.

Perhaps they didn't want our planes in their airspace? And did they ever hit a plane? What would we do if Russia or China started flying military planes over the United States do you think?

Frankly, I could give a fuck about those countries over there and they feel the same toward us by and large. We look at them and their situation through our "Westernized eyes" instead of the way they look at life from their culture. We see women over there being treated as second class citizens but they see it as the way it should be for them there and women there seen ok with it to a large degree, religious people don't compromise yet we tell the Muslims they need to agree to conditions before we even talk to them, they aren't going to compromise their beliefs anymore than Oral Roberts or a Rabbi will compromise their beliefs. Let's get out of that hell hole, cut our losses and get our financial house in order before it's too late.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back