"Imagine if the Tea Party Was Black"

This Race Baiting is beyond tiresome.

easy....the protesters would all be shot dead, or thrown in prison.:confused:
Really?

33520557d216f34d16c4cc9e1fdd30d0.jpg

:eusa_hand:

That's just stupid.

Works for me. Please do not let the virtual door hit you in the ass.

Ok, as long as it works for you, then I agree.:eusa_angel:

Wouldn't wanna offer a different POV.........that might upset your delicate sensabilities...

IF you are prepared to discuss this like an adult, as I have seen you do in other posts, then I am ALL ear to a differing POV. Your original post in this thread, did not lend to this train of thought.

First:

Do you really only have one ear?

This is a MUST-read. A few excerpts:
Imagine that hundreds of black protesters were to descend upon Washington DC and Northern Virginia, just a few miles from the Capitol and White House, armed with AK-47s, assorted handguns, and ammunition. [...]

Imagine that white members of Congress, while walking to work, were surrounded by thousands of angry black people, one of whom proceeded to spit on one of those congressmen for not voting the way the black demonstrators desired. [...]

Imagine that a rap artist were to say, in reference to a white president: “He’s a piece of shit and I told him to suck on my machine gun.” [...]

Imagine that a black radio host were to suggest that the only way to get promoted in the administration of a white president is by “hating black people” [...]

Imagine a black political commentator suggesting that the only thing the guy who flew his plane into the Austin, Texas IRS building did wrong was not blowing up Fox News instead. [...]

In other words, imagine that even one-third of the anger and vitriol currently being hurled at President Obama, by folks who are almost exclusively white, were being aimed, instead, at a white president, by people of color. [...]

And this, my friends, is what white privilege is all about. The ability to threaten others, to engage in violent and incendiary rhetoric without consequence, to be viewed as patriotic and normal no matter what you do, and never to be feared and despised as people of color would be, if they tried to get away with half the shit we do, on a daily basis.
:clap2:..Read more: Ephphatha Poetry: "Imagine if the Tea Party Was Black" - Tim Wise

We have a tea party section. Please file tea party threads in that section. thanks. ~elvis.

When only 400,000 Black Men showed up for the Million Man March, I don't recall the MSM claiming that it was evidence that they were a Fringe Movement.

Just sayin'.

This Race Baiting is beyond tiresome.

and then some.

I still don't understand the point of the story in the OP. If I had to guess I'd say the author is suggesting that because of white privilege, whites shouldn't protest anyone who isn't white.

It just doesn't get any more racist than that.

The official National Park Service estimate was 400,000.

Yes. But after that was contested by the march organizers, a panel of researchers at Boston University came up with the figure 837,000 +/- 20%.

That's why the parks service no longer provides "estimates" for protests.

I'm really sorry you made that point, as it is germain to the opposition's arguement that there has been an actual, non-imaginary "Black Tea Party."

Now I gotta call it "stupid" and "Childish."

Yes. But after that was contested by the march organizers, a panel of researchers at Boston University came up with the figure 837,000 +/- 20%.

Of course the organizers protested it. It didn't fit with their narrative. And then they are their thug cartel attacked the Park Service, getting Congress to strip it of funds to handle counting crowds.

They resumed crowd counting when Obama was inaugurated.

Of course the organizers protested it. It didn't fit with their narrative. And then they are their thug cartel attacked the Park Service, getting Congress to strip it of funds to handle counting crowds.

They resumed crowd counting when Obama was inaugurated.

Of course.

But seriously, why do you have to be an asshole about it? Their "thug cartel"?

The tea party organizers did the same thing. Would you call them a "thug cartel" as well?

Imagine that a black radio host were to suggest that the only way to get promoted in the administration of a white president is by “hating black people” [...]

Didn't we just live through 3 years of that in the Post Katrina Bush Administration? Blowing up dikes and levees to drown black folk in their homes. Dick Cheney's evil weather machine...

Any of this ringing bells?

Forum List

Back