Imaginary Enemies of the left

The facts are clear: institutionalized racism and climate change at least are real enemies of America.
And Obama has done NOTHING for neither.
Next?
I am glad you admitted they are "real enemies" even if you got it wrong about Obama.

I got it wrong? Sorry. I didn't mean to.
Let's take blacks first.
What has Obama done for blacks, specifically, since he took office that you're proud of! That the whole American black population is grateful for?
Go ahead.
This ought to be rich.
He's empowered them to riot and get free shit.

The OP piece you put up said it. Back it up or concede.
Nonsense. The opt did not say hunger is imaginary. It said there is no epidemic in the US, and that is correct.

Bret Stephens writes "Hunger is an imaginary enemy"--hence hunger does not exist in America.

The 'epidemic' pops up in terms of campus rape, not hunger. read the article to see.
Repeating a fallacy doesn't make it less of a fallacy, punkin.

I take it you are referring to the statement:
"Hunger is an imaginary enemy"

The context of the following paragraph suggest the meaning of "enemy" in terms of a social problem. "Imaginary" suggests it is non-existing. This can be derived by how Stephens argue against hunger. Hence, the term "imaginary enemy" refers to a nonexistent social problem in Stephens view.

At least that is what I took as the meaning from Stephens.

If that is not what Stephens meant, what do you think "Hunger is an imaginary enemy" means literally?

It means that hunger is not a problem in this country. Nobody in this country starves unless they choose to or are forced to, by someone who exerts control over them and is intentionally starving them. It means the ridiculous mantra of the left that said that children are starving, and therefore the state needs to exert more control over the lunch program is a lie. It means that the mantra that we need more foodstamps to prevent starvation is a lie. It means that obesity is NOT a symptom of starvation.

All claims that the hysterical left has made and still make. It's a contrived crisis by the left, who actually WANTS our population to starve.

If you say hunger is not a problem in this country, that is actually a more generalized version of hunger being a non existing social problem. Basically we agree on what Stephens mean in his statement "Hunger is an imaginary enemy" .

Now let us go back to your previous post where you stated:

Which statement are you referring to, KG?

Nonsense. The opt did not say hunger is imaginary. It said there is no epidemic in the US, and that is correct.

Bret Stephens writes "Hunger is an imaginary enemy"--hence hunger does not exist in America.

The 'epidemic' pops up in terms of campus rape, not hunger. read the article to see.

The context of the following paragraph suggest the meaning of "enemy" in terms of a social problem. "Imaginary" suggests it is non-existing. This can be derived by how Stephens argue against hunger. Hence, the term "imaginary enemy" refers to a nonexistent social problem in Stephens view.

If that is not what Stephens meant, what do you think "Hunger is an imaginary enemy" means literally?
Are you stupid or trying to look like it?

The Left claims there is an epidemic of hunger. One out 7 people goes hungry or something. He mentions it in the piece.
He points out the statistic is wrong and absurd. Obesity is a problem. Hunger is not a problem.

Again. Ep

Are you stupid or trying to look like it?

The Left claims there is an epidemic of hunger. One out 7 people goes hungry or something. He mentions it in the piece.
He points out the statistic is wrong and absurd. Obesity is a problem. Hunger is not a problem.

Stephens do not call it an epidemic nor claims the left calls it an epidemic. You are calling it an epidemic based on the stats.

He uses another statistic on obesity, which has nothing to do with hunger. In fact an obese person can also be hungry(would you tell him to starve?) Both Obesity and hunger are social problems . They are mutually exclusive issues as well.

"Little children have imaginary friends. Modern liberalism has imaginary enemies."

Hunger in the US is an imaginary enemy, the campus-rape "epidemic" is an imaginary enemy, institutionalized (white on black) racism is an imaginary enemy, and global warming is an imaginary enemy.

So you believe that there exists no hunger in America?

You believe that there is no campus rape?

You believe that there is no racism?

And you believe that global warming doesn't exist.

Please make that the GOP platform.

Pretty please.

Meanwhile the Conservatives 'imaginary' enemies are of course- Americans who are Muslims- Americans who are Black- Americans who are from Mexico- the Marijuana epidemic- and of course- the United States government.

Forum List

Back