Image/buttons loading problem

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
When I go to certain forums some of the images (buttons) aren't always showing (reply, edit, quote...)

The hyperlink is still clickable, but I need to hit refresh in order to get them to display. This isn't for every page I visit, it appears to be sporadic. It's happening on more than one domain, so I'm assuming it's something with my IE.

This was fine up until about an hour ago. Nothing has been installed or changed.

What do you think could be causing it? I just flushed my cache, cookies and temp files just in case, but same thing exists.

*** I posted this on another board and no replies yet. This happens to me here AND at 4 other boards I belong to. Somtimes the button images load, sometimes they don't, but a refresh always brings them back. Also, it only seems to be affecting my IE and not netscape or Mozilla - but not 100% verified as I still primarily use IE ***

Suggestions?

Not sure.. every now and then - once in maybe 50 - my browser won't load everything, and a quick refresh fixes it. It doesn't happen for me very often though.

Get rid of your Mac, man!! :p

Originally posted by NightTrain
Not sure.. every now and then - once in maybe 50 - my browser won't load everything, and a quick refresh fixes it. It doesn't happen for me very often though.

Get rid of your Mac, man!! :p

No Mac here, never!

The images do load if I hit refresh, I'm just wondering why all of a sudden they would have problems loading.

I found out this is a known issue with XP SP1 and IE 6.0

Why it just started I don't know, but it only affects the loading of the small images, which is why it was the buttons.

I ran a system restore from saturday night at 5:56pm (which was right after windows update ran and installed a patch for IE!)

All seems fine now.

Yes Jim, this bug has been around for a while, I think I put it in a previous post when this issue first arose. Hopefully it will be fixed in SP2, whenever Microsoft decides to release it.

Originally posted by eric
Yes Jim, this bug has been around for a while, I think I put it in a previous post when this issue first arose. Hopefully it will be fixed in SP2, whenever Microsoft decides to release it.

Hmmm... I haven't heard much about SP2. After the wacky issues I've been having lately, I'm a little hesitant to try it anwyay!

Who gives a flying rats ass?? You got a friggin cable modem..hit refresh you lazy bastard!! :)

Forum List

Back