I'm Wrong About Halliburton (For Now!)

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
I just wanted to let the people I debated with know that I am wrong about Halliburton (for now!). I cannot find any conclusive evidence of substantial wrongdoing on their part in their operations in Iraq. I see a lot of Pentagon audits and government investigations, but nothing substantial yet. So I'm wrong. The only information/evidence I could find that was serious enough came from seriously skewed pro- Kerry/ Michael Moore esque sites and I don't want to use those, so I'll shut up for now. What makes me distance myself further from these sites than usual is the obsessive need on their part to tie all this in with Dick Cheney making a profit (which I've never said or accused him of). Its just not happening, it does not exist. Thank you for giving me the time to attempt to find evidence about Halliburton though.

I'll leave the floor open for anybody else who wants a shot at this or has a comment about Halliburton, the Pentagon, the FBI, the Cheney conspiracy theorists, blah blah, blazhy blah.

NATO AIR said:
I just wanted to let the people I debated with know that I am wrong about Halliburton (for now!). I cannot find any conclusive evidence of substantial wrongdoing on their part in their operations in Iraq. I see a lot of Pentagon audits and government investigations, but nothing substantial yet. So I'm wrong. The only information/evidence I could find that was serious enough came from seriously skewed pro- Kerry/ Michael Moore esque sites and I don't want to use those, so I'll shut up for now. What makes me distance myself further from these sites than usual is the obsessive need on their part to tie all this in with Dick Cheney making a profit (which I've never said or accused him of). Its just not happening, it does not exist. Thank you for giving me the time to attempt to find evidence about Halliburton though.

I'll leave the floor open for anybody else who wants a shot at this or has a comment about Halliburton, the Pentagon, the FBI, the Cheney conspiracy theorists, blah blah, blazhy blah.

I heard briefly that Halburtion was under investigatin by the FBI, I'm not sure why though.

Look Nato, nobody denies that defense contractors probably make a bit more than some THINK they should. But when you consider the risks that they are willing to take and the amount of money they have to pay their employees, the cost of insurance for their employees (that are usually working in very dangerous places and therefore, the companies have to pay a "premium" for coverage), etc., it is really kind of hard to be harsh against them all the time.

I will even submit that there is SOME corruption. But frankly, that is part of life. There is a LOT of corruption in the world and nobody will ever get rid of it. Even in the civilian sector, there is corruption (does anybody remember Terry McAuliffe and Global Xing or the Clinton's connections to Haiti's wireless service provider?).

So I commend you on keeping an open mind and seeing what is really behind the charges - politics.

Forum List

Back