I'm With The Mittster On This One....

I will hold you to that....

Now, to be fair to mitt, they are taking the statement out of context. (Except I'm not inclined to feel fair to mitt any more than he felt inclined to be fair to GST workers.) But given Mitt's history of actually firing people, it's like Michael Jackson making an innocuous comment about children or Jeffrey Dahmner making a comment about cooking. YOur mind immediately goes somewhere he probably didn't want it to go.
All true. But it would be dishonest to use his statement against him since he was talking about a very specific situation....the ability to fire as a private individual a service provider that doesn't perform to your satisfaction.

What? A politician being dishonest. I'm shocked, absolutely shocked.

casa31.jpg

"Your poll numbers, sir!"

I like firing people too. I once even fired my own sister. It was s-w-e-e-e-e-e-t! !!:lol:

Discus

Did you hire a replacement sister or did her job become redundant?

Nope...I had a hot young blond(Jessica) waiting in the wings to fill the gap. I knew she would fit in well cuz she made all my female friends jealous. That particular invention ran out of money, as many do, but it is still a viable idea and business plan. I had to reluctantly let Jessica go also. I'd hire her back in a second if and when that invention gets a second wind.

All true. But it would be dishonest to use his statement against him since he was talking about a very specific situation....the ability to fire as a private individual a service provider that doesn't perform to your satisfaction.

David Axelrod called the comment a "rare moment of candor" on Romney's part. So it's not just the right jumping on him for it.

I've had to fire people as a supervisor and vendors as a buyer.

I've never enjoyed it. Even when they were totally screwing up. I honestly can't imagine what kind of sick person would brag he enjoys it.

You would have a point - IF that was what he said. Fact is, he did not say it. He said he likes being ABLE to fire people. I agree with that. I like being ABLE to fire people. Try living in the UK and trying to fire an incompetent employee... you'll soon find out what he means.... if you have an IQ over room temperature.

My experience is people fire themselves.

Really? So you blame the employees of the companies Bain dismembers, guts, sells off the assets and cannibalizes for losing their jobs?

No that would be a Lay Off. Downsizing. Position eliminated. All unemployed have not been fired.

I'm talking you suck at your job...or a shitty employee....You're fired.
Usually to get to the point of being fired/replaced it has more to do with the employee than the company.

Semantics.

Fired/Laid off/Reduction in Force..

At the end of the day, you don't have a job.

Period.

I've never enjoyed it. Even when they were totally screwing up. I honestly can't imagine what kind of sick person would brag he enjoys it.

You would have a point - IF that was what he said. Fact is, he did not say it. He said he likes being ABLE to fire people. I agree with that. I like being ABLE to fire people. Try living in the UK and trying to fire an incompetent employee... you'll soon find out what he means.... if you have an IQ over room temperature.

Oh, bullshit.

Frankly, I'm always amazed by people who complain about bad employees, when they were usually the ones who hired them to start with.

The whole problem of "prosperity through downsizing" is that it prolongs these downturns. Back in the day, a layoff meant that you called people back when things got better. Recessions were relatively short. Now, businesses see recessions as a chance to reshuffle the deck in their own favor. Fire people, hire new people for less, and the people you keep don't complain about crappy raises because they are happy to have job.

If Romney turns this into a "People you work with" vs. "People who lay you off" kind of race, he'll lose. Badly.

I will hold you to that....

Now, to be fair to mitt, they are taking the statement out of context. (Except I'm not inclined to feel fair to mitt any more than he felt inclined to be fair to GST workers.) But given Mitt's history of actually firing people, it's like Michael Jackson making an innocuous comment about children or Jeffrey Dahmner making a comment about cooking. YOur mind immediately goes somewhere he probably didn't want it to go.

Oh bullshit.

Romney's history made that a terrible thing for him to say. Regardless of what he was talking about. And one does not "fire" insurance companies. If an indivdual stops using an insurance company..the people in that company are still employed.

Romney lives in a world of vast wealth. That's his perspective. Alone? This comment was terrible..but it wouldn't have gotten legs if it weren't in the company of some other terrible crap that's poured out of this guy's mouth.

"Companies are people too, my friend."
"I'm unemployed."
"I've had to worry about a pink slip."

The blue collar dog and pony show isn't going to work with this guy. And given his past with Bain..he's digging a hole that is deep and wide.

Oh, bullshit.

Frankly, I'm always amazed by people who complain about bad employees, when they were usually the ones who hired them to start with.

The whole problem of "prosperity through downsizing" is that it prolongs these downturns. Back in the day, a layoff meant that you called people back when things got better. Recessions were relatively short. Now, businesses see recessions as a chance to reshuffle the deck in their own favor. Fire people, hire new people for less, and the people you keep don't complain about crappy raises because they are happy to have job.

If Romney turns this into a "People you work with" vs. "People who lay you off" kind of race, he'll lose. Badly.

You know jack shit about running a business, that much is crystal clear.

Fact remain, you are being dishonest about what Romney said. That makes any kind of rational discussion impossible, so I shall just call you a fool and be done with it.

Oh, bullshit.

Fact remain, you are being dishonest about what Romney said. That makes any kind of rational discussion impossible, so I shall just call you a fool and be done with it.

I get a little bored with the "geniuses" who ran the economy into the ditch by destroying the middle class telling the rest of us we don't know how to run a business.

When you fuck up the country, your opinion doesn't resonate anymore, sister. SOrry, just doesn't.

Romney said what he says. He likes firing people. Whooops. He got in front of an audience of his fellow bloodsuckers and admitted to being a vampire. Someone just happened to have a camera.

Oh, bullshit.

I get a little bored with the "geniuses" who ran the economy into the ditch by destroying the middle class telling the rest of us we don't know how to run a business.

When you fuck up the country, your opinion doesn't resonate anymore, sister. SOrry, just doesn't.

Romney said what he says. He likes firing people. Whooops. He got in front of an audience of his fellow bloodsuckers and admitted to being a vampire. Someone just happened to have a camera.

No 'geniuses' ran the economy into the ditch. We did that. Americans with their obsession with spending more than they earn. They did it.

And.... there is no fucking 'middle class' in the United States. We are a classless society. At least, that's how we were founded.... fucking politicians and their desire to divide Americans so they can distract them from their corrupt behavior is what created this whole 'debate' about 'class'.

And.... Romney did NOT say he likes firing people. Your pathetic bullshit is laughable. Seriously.

No 'geniuses' ran the economy into the ditch. We did that. Americans with their obsession with spending more than they earn. They did it.

I see, blame the victim. Those people who moved the good jobs overseas, used predatory lending techniques, hollowed out middle class wages and busted up the unions, they had nothing to do with us. Nope, it was silly us wanting rooves over our heads and food on our tables.... Got it.

So do you cheer for Mr. Potter when you watch "It's a Wonderful Life?"

And.... there is no fucking 'middle class' in the United States. We are a classless society. At least, that's how we were founded.... fucking politicians and their desire to divide Americans so they can distract them from their corrupt behavior is what created this whole 'debate' about 'class'.

This country was founded because a bunch of rich slaveowners didn't want to pay their taxes. If they had their way, only property owners would be able to vote. The country started out divided. It's only "class warfare" when the rest of us fight back.

Thankfully, there are some Republicans who are starting to get it, judging by how they are going after Romney on this horrid statement.

"And.... Romney did NOT say he likes firing people. Your pathetic bullshit is laughable. Seriously.

Seriously- Plain English- "I like to be able to fire people who provide me service". He didn't stutter, mumble, or misspeak...

Blunty, what he stated was, "I like to have the power to force people to do unreasonable things for me. Should they object, I will fire them and get someone desperate enough to do what I want". This is the whole thrust of the union busting from the GOP. This is the reason they like having unemployment at 10%.

Blunty, what he stated was, "I like to have the power to force people to do unreasonable things for me. Should they object, I will fire them and get someone desperate enough to do what I want". This is the whole thrust of the union busting from the GOP. This is the reason they like having unemployment at 10%.

Exactly.

I started a thread regarding this..

These are the exact conditions the monied elite have been engineering. One where a pool of highly trained people are competing for low wage jobs with high requirements.

Nothing like getting a unix system administrator for a little better cost then you'd pay a McDonald's manager.

Oh, bullshit.

I agree with your first two comments, but not your last.

I'd really like it if people stopped taking comments out of context all the time. Not you so much, you've as much as admitted he didn't mean what others are claiming he meant. But the political parties in general. So much dishonesty out there.

Got a link for that quote? Because the only ones I can find don't support that quote. What I can find, he said:

Asked about the issue in Nashua, New Hampshire, Romney said he wanted a person to be able to own his or her own policy "and perhaps keep it the rest of their life."

"That means the insurance company will have the incentive to keep you healthy. It also means if you don't like what they do, you can fire them," he said.

"I like being able to fire people who provide services to me," Romney added. "If someone doesn't give me the good service I need, I want to say I am going to get somebody else to provide that service to me."

That's from CNN.... usually fairly accurate with quoting people in context. So where did he say what you claim he said?

Forum List

Back