I'm With The Mittster On This One....

I can't believe his opponents are trying to make something out of what he said. It makes them look retarded.

My experience is people fire themselves.

Really? So you blame the employees of the companies Bain dismembers, guts, sells off the assets and cannibalizes for losing their jobs?

No that would be a Lay Off. Downsizing. Position eliminated. All unemployed have not been fired.

I'm talking you suck at your job...or a shitty employee....You're fired.
Usually to get to the point of being fired/replaced it has more to do with the employee than the company.

Last edited:
I like firing people too. I once even fired my own sister. It was s-w-e-e-e-e-e-t! !!:lol:

Discus

I'm assuming your sister deserved it.

Of course! I was working on one of my inventions and needed to travel to test and recon the business plan and my mom axed me to give her a shot as my personal assistant. Usually I'm pretty laid back but when I get funding for one of my ideas I get pretty gung ho. Soooo I went out to play some local golf as I would normally do in prep for hitting the tough courses in Hawaii and had her caddy for me so she could take notes on what to do while I was out of town. She claimed she could keep up. She could not. She got winded early and started whining about pain in her legs and she was going to feint or some crap. Now if she really knew her capabilities she could have requested an electric cart. That is the kind of assistant I need.. Someone that SOLVES problems...not creates them.. Not some stupid old cow that will have a fucking heart attack trying to keep up on foot when she knows damn well that she cannot. That kinda stinking thinking is what kills siblings and progress. So I fired her. I been trying to tell you guys I am a republican...

I like firing people too. I once even fired my own sister. It was s-w-e-e-e-e-e-t! !!:lol:

Discus

Of course! I was working on one of my inventions and needed to travel to test and recon the business plan and my mom axed me to give her a shot as my personal assistant. Usually I'm pretty laid back but when I get funding for one of my ideas I get pretty gung ho. Soooo I went out to play some local golf as I would normally do in prep for hitting the tough courses in Hawaii and had her caddy for me so she could take notes on what to do while I was out of town. She claimed she could keep up. She could not. She got winded early and started whining about pain in her legs and she was going to feint or some crap. Now if she really knew her capabilities she could have requested an electric cart. That is the kind of assistant I need.. Someone that SOLVES problems...not creates them.. Not some stupid old cow that will have a fucking heart attack trying to keep up on foot when she knows damn well that she cannot. That kinda stinking thinking is what kills siblings and progress. So I fired her. I been trying to tell you guys I am a republican...

I don't blame you, I would have done the same thing.

Discus

You should have fired your mom for axing you... that seems far more egregious.

My experience is people fire themselves.

Really? My experience is that people get fired because management makes huge mistakes, and then when it comes to making up for the mistakes, they end up firing the people who work hard.

Last job I had, we watched management make one mistake after another with our most important customer, and we warned them, but they ignored us. Then the customer dropped us, and the people who fucked up stayed, and the people who did the work got fired.

I can't believe his opponents are trying to make something out of what he said. It makes them look retarded.

Let's face it. Bain wasn't about creating jobs. Bain is a preditory destroyer of companies and jobs. I do believe he likes firing people.

He said a lot of dumb things in the last couple of days, maybe his programmers need to check the memory chips...

Like when he said he worried about a pink slip... Really.

I loved Perry's response. 'he was probably only worried he'd run out of them'.

ANd then when he said the reason he didn't run again for Governor was because he wanted to get back to the private sector when he never went back to the private sector. He started running for President while STILL governor.

I've had to fire people as a supervisor and vendors as a buyer.

I've never enjoyed it. Even when they were totally screwing up. I honestly can't imagine what kind of sick person would brag he enjoys it.

I've had to fire people as a supervisor and vendors as a buyer.

I've never enjoyed it. Even when they were totally screwing up. I honestly can't imagine what kind of sick person would brag he enjoys it.

I fired a guy once that we had done EVERYTHING humanly possible to accomodate... he not only didn't appreciate the effort, he acted like a total dick.

Yes, I enjoyed firing him.

Are you going to say that when the DNC uses that in the basis of a commercial in October?

It was a dumb thing to say, really.
Yeah.

I will hold you to that....

Now, to be fair to mitt, they are taking the statement out of context. (Except I'm not inclined to feel fair to mitt any more than he felt inclined to be fair to GST workers.) But given Mitt's history of actually firing people, it's like Michael Jackson making an innocuous comment about children or Jeffrey Dahmner making a comment about cooking. YOur mind immediately goes somewhere he probably didn't want it to go.

Are you going to say that when the DNC uses that in the basis of a commercial in October?

It was a dumb thing to say, really.
Yeah.

I will hold you to that....

Now, to be fair to mitt, they are taking the statement out of context. (Except I'm not inclined to feel fair to mitt any more than he felt inclined to be fair to GST workers.) But given Mitt's history of actually firing people, it's like Michael Jackson making an innocuous comment about children or Jeffrey Dahmner making a comment about cooking. YOur mind immediately goes somewhere he probably didn't want it to go.
All true. But it would be dishonest to use his statement against him since he was talking about a very specific situation....the ability to fire as a private individual a service provider that doesn't perform to your satisfaction.

Forum List

Back