I'm Watching BROADCAST NEWS

How old are you?
Modern women are different......

38. But I'm not really talking about myself. That was one example of me, but most of this I get from watching and talking to others. I haven't been on a date in my life, so I wouldn't know first hand.

You really think so? I'd like to think that.

Why have you not been on a date?

Oh I always knew I'd stay single for life. Never was interested.

So you are "asexual"?

No no. To me it's simply a matter of pro and cons. The cons out weight the pros in my book. Seen too many people absolutely ruined over bad relationships. To many devastated people, years of life wasted, and brutal pain and suffering, for it to even be close to worth it.

Most men have enough of a 'need' for a women, that they are willing to take the risk. For whatever reason my drive is lower, and it's not worth it to me. Too risky. Safer to be single.

Honestly, for women, I don't even get what you girls get out of it?
Your 'boy friend' could ditch you tomorrow. Is it worth it?

Many women believe their lives are not complete without a man
That, their life is a waste and they are a loser if they don't have a man
Not so much for modern women I don't believe (younger women in their 20's and 30's)
I don't need a man.
I always just wanted a companion that I lusted, loved and liked. Hard to find.

I've met men, far better than myself, who had confidence, and were not a push over. They have told me exactly the same thing. They can't hardly get a girl to pay attention to them, because they are nice, and open the door. I actually had a girl laugh in my face, literally... because I opened the door for her.

Girls don't want good guys. They want jerks. Ever wonder how convicted rapist, have girl friends on the outside sending them love notes? There you go.

You're absolutely right... beats all I've ever seen. I have a friend my age (56) who is single like me... he gets laid regularly by pretty much any girl he wants. Most of them are in their 20s. If I ever were to hit on a girl in her 20s she'd call me a perverted creeper and probably call the cops. But in talking to my friend he tells me the secret is to insult the hell out of them. Tell them how fat their ass is or ask them if they have some kind of genetic disorder that makes their eyes look like that (beautiful). Tell them they need to wear some pants to cover up their ugly legs... that kind of thing. Just terrible awful stuff that I could never say to someone even if it's what I thought.

Meanwhile... I get these older fat women who's hormones have changed them with facial hair and deep voices... falling in love with me and wanting to take me home! Anything under 200 lbs and 40 years old... don't want to give me the time of day. I'm going to have to start being a real asshole I guess. :dunno:

I don't understand this. If man is bad-mannered and insulting, why would girl want to sleep with him? :confused-84:

I'm just telling you what I've seen with my own eyes, matches perfectly with what Boss man just said. I've seen it darling. Seen it happen.

I met this guy who was fit, single, worked hard, was going to school, and training to be a fire fighter. He was a decent guy. Never heard him speak bad about anyone, or ever say a harsh thing. I'm not a GQ judge, but he had everything going for him.

The girls never paid any attention to him.

But there was another guy at this same job. He was a foul mouthed, smack talking jerk. They would say "*giggle* oh he's just so funny." as the girls fawned all over him.

Now unlike Boss, I have no intention of ever becoming a jerk to get some girls attention. Although that is unfair, because I've never felt the need for the attention of women. ...thank heavens.... But just saying darling... I've seen it personally. What Boss said there, I've seen it with my own eyes. He's dead on right.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing.
I married a "bad boy" after all - but the "catch" is that he's very responsible and compassionate.
His bad boy days are behind him. Of course, if he were 30 again, who knows!

It's different for all women.

You seem to know what women like, what do you think men like?

Generally.... men are pretty simple. Exceptions here and there, but generally, a man wants food, sleep, and sex. This is why 70% of divorces are Initiated by the women, not the man. And men are generally happy being married, compared to women.

Women Initiate Divorces More Than Men, But Not Breakups, Study Suggests

Other than those basics, Food, Sleep, Sex... the a man usually only wants two things.

One, he wants the girl to be the same as who he married. If you walk around in hot pants, and a strapless bra, the man doesn't want to get married, and come home to find you in a full length burka. Right? Bait and switch?

I know a girl who was a cheerleader in high school. The Quintessential bomb shell blond cheerleader. Not just any cheerleader, but the one they tossed in the air.

Long story short, she dated a guy on the football team (how cliche), and after high school, they got married. Four years later, she cut off all her hair, and was 300 lbs. Literally. I am related to this woman, and when I saw her, I was going to introduce myself to her, because I had not seen her since high school, and she bore no resemblance to the girl I knew.

Well oddly, football guy wanted a cheerleader, married a cheerleader, and there was no more cheerleader. He divorced. Now as much as he was a jerk, she did this. She really did. I am convinced he would have stayed with her till death, if she had remained the girl he married.

Oddly, she found another guy a year or two later, that was 300 lbs, just like her... and they've been married over a decade now, and quite happy. Now if she had started working out, and losing the meat, and turned back into a cheerleader, when he wanted the 300 lbs she was.... I would not be surprised if he ditched her also.

Whatever you intend to be, remain the same whether you are dating or married. Don't marry, and morph into an entirely different person.

And second, simply... affirm the man. Every man wants to be affirmed, and respected by his wife. Which oddly, seems to be the very last thing any wife wants to do.

That wasn't the case in my marriage.
I was wild when

When we met, and that was ok while we were dating, but, when we got married, he wanted me to be more like a “married woman” – plus, we were both Christian’s and going to church, and over time, he pressed me more and more to dress differently, stop drinking, etc. He has not complained about my becoming more of a proper wife/home maker, but he complains I’m not as “wild” – I think he wants me to be like my “old self” at home (in bed) but the like a switch, be the “proper wife” in all other instances.

Doesn’t work like that.

You're absolutely right... beats all I've ever seen. I have a friend my age (56) who is single like me... he gets laid regularly by pretty much any girl he wants. Most of them are in their 20s. If I ever were to hit on a girl in her 20s she'd call me a perverted creeper and probably call the cops. But in talking to my friend he tells me the secret is to insult the hell out of them. Tell them how fat their ass is or ask them if they have some kind of genetic disorder that makes their eyes look like that (beautiful). Tell them they need to wear some pants to cover up their ugly legs... that kind of thing. Just terrible awful stuff that I could never say to someone even if it's what I thought.

Meanwhile... I get these older fat women who's hormones have changed them with facial hair and deep voices... falling in love with me and wanting to take me home! Anything under 200 lbs and 40 years old... don't want to give me the time of day. I'm going to have to start being a real asshole I guess. :dunno:

I don't understand this. If man is bad-mannered and insulting, why would girl want to sleep with him? :confused-84:

I'm just telling you what I've seen with my own eyes, matches perfectly with what Boss man just said. I've seen it darling. Seen it happen.

I met this guy who was fit, single, worked hard, was going to school, and training to be a fire fighter. He was a decent guy. Never heard him speak bad about anyone, or ever say a harsh thing. I'm not a GQ judge, but he had everything going for him.

But there was another guy at this same job. He was a foul mouthed, smack talking jerk. They would say "*giggle* oh he's just so funny." as the girls fawned all over him.

Now unlike Boss, I have no intention of ever becoming a jerk to get some girls attention. Although that is unfair, because I've never felt the need for the attention of women. ...thank heavens.... But just saying darling... I've seen it personally. What Boss said there, I've seen it with my own eyes. He's dead on right.

I married a "bad boy" after all - but the "catch" is that he's very responsible and compassionate.

Generally.... men are pretty simple. Exceptions here and there, but generally, a man wants food, sleep, and sex. This is why 70% of divorces are Initiated by the women, not the man. And men are generally happy being married, compared to women.

Other than those basics, Food, Sleep, Sex... the a man usually only wants two things.

One, he wants the girl to be the same as who he married. If you walk around in hot pants, and a strapless bra, the man doesn't want to get married, and come home to find you in a full length burka. Right? Bait and switch?

I know a girl who was a cheerleader in high school. The Quintessential bomb shell blond cheerleader. Not just any cheerleader, but the one they tossed in the air.

Long story short, she dated a guy on the football team (how cliche), and after high school, they got married. Four years later, she cut off all her hair, and was 300 lbs. Literally. I am related to this woman, and when I saw her, I was going to introduce myself to her, because I had not seen her since high school, and she bore no resemblance to the girl I knew.

Well oddly, football guy wanted a cheerleader, married a cheerleader, and there was no more cheerleader. He divorced. Now as much as he was a jerk, she did this. She really did. I am convinced he would have stayed with her till death, if she had remained the girl he married.

Oddly, she found another guy a year or two later, that was 300 lbs, just like her... and they've been married over a decade now, and quite happy. Now if she had started working out, and losing the meat, and turned back into a cheerleader, when he wanted the 300 lbs she was.... I would not be surprised if he ditched her also.

Whatever you intend to be, remain the same whether you are dating or married. Don't marry, and morph into an entirely different person.

And second, simply... affirm the man. Every man wants to be affirmed, and respected by his wife. Which oddly, seems to be the very last thing any wife wants to do.

I was wild when

When we met, and that was ok while we were dating, but, when we got married, he wanted me to be more like a “married woman” – plus, we were both Christian’s and going to church, and over time, he pressed me more and more to dress differently, stop drinking, etc. He has not complained about my becoming more of a proper wife/home maker, but he complains I’m not as “wild” – I think he wants me to be like my “old self” at home (in bed) but the like a switch, be the “proper wife” in all other instances.

Doesn’t work like that.

I wonder. I have heard that some women really are like that.

Anyway... so just out of curiosity, let's say he was the wild one, and he's doing all the those things... you would have no problem with that?

I'm only asking because I do know a couple where it was the exact same thing, and the guy wanted the girl to... you know... be a wife. And when she refused, he started doing the exact same things she did.... and she freaked out about it.

I was wild when

Doesn’t work like that.

I wonder. I have heard that some women really are like that.

Anyway... so just out of curiosity, let's say he was the wild one, and he's doing all the those things... you would have no problem with that?

I'm only asking because I do know a couple where it was the exact same thing, and the guy wanted the girl to... you know... be a wife. And when she refused, he started doing the exact same things she did.... and she freaked out about it.

He used to be pretty wild too.
If he started to be wild, I would not care, as long as he was out partying with others outside of our home.
I like to be alone, so, actually it would be good, as long as it made him happy.

I would join him on occasion, going out drinking and dancing. We used to do that, but, he's not much into dancing.

Forum List

Back