I'm Voting Republican

He kept it a secret if he were. I recall dems fussing over him in those days, and that misperception would explain it.

This is the culprit.

Washingtonpost.com: McCain Softens Abortion Stand

Sounds like he wanted it both ways. I find it more interesting that some dems preferred him to Gore, who had been pro-life in the 80s but flipped at some point.

I think middle liked McCain over Gore, simply because they saw Al Gore as Clintonlite. He was no Clinton and McCain carried the swagger that they were used to seeing from Clinton. Had it not been for the despicable shit that the Bush campaign slung at McCain, I think McCain would wiped the floor with Gore. Unfortunately, McCain was too smart for the GOP "base." You know, the same people that worship Sarah Palin.

Sounds like he wanted it both ways. I find it more interesting that some dems preferred him to Gore, who had been pro-life in the 80s but flipped at some point.

I think middle liked McCain over Gore, simply because they saw Al Gore as Clintonlite. He was no Clinton and McCain carried the swagger that they were used to seeing from Clinton. Had it not been for the despicable shit that the Bush campaign slung at McCain, I think McCain would wiped the floor with Gore. Unfortunately, McCain was too smart for the GOP "base." You know, the same people that worship Sarah Palin.

Mac was too smart to get himself nominated? I'll jot that on my palm.

My take on 2000 was that libs were talking Mac up in hopes that he would be nominated, not so much because they planned to vote for him, but because they thought the base would sit home, defeated. If true, they were correct. I was not planning to vote in 2008 until Sarah joined the ticket. I knew he would carry Texas, so I thought, why bother?

My take on 2000 was that libs were talking Mac up in hopes that he would be nominated, not so much because they planned to vote for him, but because they thought the base would sit home, defeated. If true, they were correct. I was not planning to vote in 2008 until Sarah joined the ticket. I knew he would carry Texas, so I thought, why bother?

karl rove's push poll is what finished mccain off in 2000....

"would it change your opinion about john mccain if you knew he had an illegitimate black daughter?"

he was ten times the man that baby bush was,

until he sucked up to "the base" in 2008.

karl rove's push poll is what finished mccain off in 2000....

"would it change your opinion about john mccain if you knew he had an illegitimate black daughter?"

he was ten times the man that baby bush was,

until he sucked up to "the base" in 2008.

A fair question. My answer? No.

Is the point of this thread to highlight the fact that neither party has had the slightest idea what they've been doing since 1956?

Eh.

Does anyone know if you have to vote in the primary election thing in order to be able to vote for the winner of the governor in november thing? gubernatorial?

Also if you do* have to vote in the primary election thing, then do you also have to vote in the run off election thing?

Long time ancestor first time voter 8P

Last edited:
Eh.

Does anyone know if you have to vote in the primary election thing in order to be able to vote for the winner of the governor in november thing? gubernatorial?

Also if you do* have to vote in the primary election thing, then do you also have to vote in the run off election thing?

Now this sounds like a setup/troll question, but maybe thats because I have been doing elections for a long time. I will take you at face value for the purposes of answering your question.

I do not know in what state you reside, but the answer is the same in every state.

The primaries and caucuses serve the purpose of deciding the party's candidates. In some states you are required to be registered to vote by party to participate. The same applies to runoffs. Runoff participation is different in different states, so I am not qualified to give a blanket answer. In Texas, you cannot participate in the runoff if you voted in the other party primary in the first round. If you did not vote at all, you can still participate in either party's runoff, though obviously you cannot participate in both. Think in terms of the early rounds of a basketball tournament.

The fall election is open to all registered voters, regardless of participation in the party process in the spring/summer.

Yes you may vote in November even if you did not vote in the primary.

Eh.

Now this sounds like a setup/troll question, but maybe thats because I have been doing elections for a long time. I will take you at face value for the purposes of answering your question.

I do not know in what state you reside, but the answer is the same in every state.

The primaries and caucuses serve the purpose of deciding the party's candidates. In some states you are required to be registered to vote by party to participate. The same applies to runoffs. Runoff participation is different in different states, so I am not qualified to give a blanket answer. In Texas, you cannot participate in the runoff if you voted in the other party primary in the first round. If you did not vote at all, you can still participate in either party's runoff, though obviously you cannot participate in both. Think in terms of the early rounds of a basketball tournament.

The fall election is open to all registered voters, regardless of participation in the party process in the spring/summer.

Thnaks. So, why do you gotta register for one party to vote in the primaries? You cant vote on both sides?

I think i understood the rest. im not sure. o_O

Eh.

Thnaks. So, why do you gotta register for one party to vote in the primaries? You cant vote on both sides?

'Cause thats the law in some states, in others the primaries are open - no registration by party.

'Cause thats the law in some states, in others the primaries are open - no registration by party.

That's how it is here...and it makes a certain amount of sense.

If everyone could vote in both primaries, most would vote for the strongest candidate on their side and the weakest candidate from the opposing party.

That's how it is here...and it makes a certain amount of sense.

If everyone could vote in both primaries, most would vote for the strongest candidate on their side and the weakest candidate from the opposing party.

good.

Forum List

Back