I'm voting for Obama, and I'll tell you why.

I watched it

Where in there did she say she expected anything other than working for it?

By saying she "won't have to worry about it?"

To me that implies having someone else do it for you. Specially since she didn't mention doing otherwise.

Racism? Where am I being racist?

I was referring to the woman's attitude. Not her race or ethnicity.

You my friend, brought up the race card.

Mittens being president does not mean that welfare will go away.

Good point. But I didn't mention Mittens.. Just talking about Obama here, and the attitude of his supporters.

You're so full of shit....just like the rest of your brainwashed Fuckwad buddies. I've never....not once in my entire life....took a handout from government. I've been working since I was 14....going on 34 years.

The unemployment rate is around 8%.....let's double it to 16% to account for the people who have given up. That still leaves 84% of close to 400 million people who are gainfully employed. So that blows your theory of the "mindset" of Obama supporters out of the water. Hell, I know plenty of unemployed that blame Obama and are voting for Mitt. So, out of that 16%....you have decent sized chunk of them who aren't "Obama supporters".

I find it amusing how an atheist can assign the mindset of the Westboro Baptist Church to Fundamentalist Christians and the right goes apeshit about how it's not fair to lump every Conservative Christian with them.....but this kind of bullshit is A-OK.

Critical thinking my ass....you assholes are steeped in propaganda and right wing talking points.

You're saying you'd vote Obama and don't believe in redistribution?

Because I think it's time someone else started paying my car, my gas, and mortgage for me.

- On a serious note, so there can actually be a valid discussion -

How can someone explain to me that voting for Obama isn't applauding this sort of attitude? (See video below)

Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube

I watched it

When in there did she say she expected to work for it?

She said she has a mortgage. How many people on welfare qualify for mortgages? I assumed she is employed and worried about losing her job

What about her makes you assume she is on welfare?

She said she has a mortgage. How many people on welfare qualify for mortgages?

maybe she's had the mortgage for a while, and... I dunno... started accepting welfare bennies since acquiring the mortgage?

Those that rely on the culture of entitlements and government dependency will always vote Democrat. There was a time when the Democrat party was for the working people. It has become the party for those who don't want to work.

Are you talking about the 47%. ???

She said she has a mortgage. How many people on welfare qualify for mortgages?

maybe she's had the mortgage for a while, and... I dunno... started accepting welfare bennies since acquiring the mortgage?

Nowhere in her statement did she say she expected anything for free. We were losing 700,000 jobs a month at the time she made the statement. Someone who was working and had a mortgage would be worried about losing their job and not being able to make payments

By Obama being elected, she was saying she would not have to worry about losing her job

Makes more sense than a welfare mother qualifying for a mortgage

CaféAuLait;6234283 said:
Because I think it's time someone else started paying my car, my gas, and mortgage for me.

How can someone explain to me that voting for Obama isn't applauding this sort of attitude? (See video below)

I watched it

I did not hear her say she was working for anything. BUT with that said, this soundbite does not constitute everyone's thought process or even the full extent of hers since it is only a few seconds which makes her sound as if she is expecting things handed to her. I'm sure there was more to what she said and it may have been twisted.

Oh so she's a black person, so you just assume she's lazy and doesn't work? if it was a nice white woman, you'd probably figure she had a job, right?

CaféAuLait;6234283 said:
I watched it

I did not hear her say she was working for anything. BUT with that said, this soundbite does not constitute everyone's thought process or even the full extent of hers since it is only a few seconds which makes her sound as if she is expecting things handed to her. I'm sure there was more to what she said and it may have been twisted.

Oh so she's a black person, so you just assume she's lazy and doesn't work? if it was a nice white woman, you'd probably figure she had a job, right?
If she were a white woman, I would simply think she's a ditz. I guess that makes me non-racist.

I watched it

She said "I will not have to worry about putting gas in my car, I will not have to worry about my mortgage. If I help him he will help me."
Which implies obama will pay for her things

By saying she "won't have to worry about it?"

To me that implies having someone else do it for you. Specially since she didn't mention doing otherwise.

Racism? Where am I being racist?

I was referring to the woman's attitude. Not her race or ethnicity.

You my friend, brought up the race card.

Good point. But I didn't mention Mittens.. Just talking about Obama here, and the attitude of his supporters.

You're so full of shit....just like the rest of your brainwashed Fuckwad buddies. I've never....not once in my entire life....took a handout from government. I've been working since I was 14....going on 34 years.

The unemployment rate is around 8%.....let's double it to 16% to account for the people who have given up. That still leaves 84% of close to 400 million people who are gainfully employed. So that blows your theory of the "mindset" of Obama supporters out of the water. Hell, I know plenty of unemployed that blame Obama and are voting for Mitt. So, out of that 16%....you have decent sized chunk of them who aren't "Obama supporters".

I find it amusing how an atheist can assign the mindset of the Westboro Baptist Church to Fundamentalist Christians and the right goes apeshit about how it's not fair to lump every Conservative Christian with them.....but this kind of bullshit is A-OK.

Critical thinking my ass....you assholes are steeped in propaganda and right wing talking points.

No....I vote Democrat for a different reason. I'm pro-labor. Our working class has taken a beating since the lie of "trickle down" economics became the norm. 47% of the people in this country have to accept some sort of government assistance to make ends meet in this God awfully expensive country. The vast majority of these people are working their fingers to the bone....they aren't lazy, irresponsible or feel themselves "victims".....all so some "job creator" can pocket more and more.

I don't hate rich people, I don't hate business.....but I think that the Conglomerate has run this country into the ground long enough for their personal gain. Funny how when wages and employer paid benefits were high enough...paying for government programs wasn't a problem....but now....since private sector unions have been virtually eliminated, wages have virtually stagnated since the late 70's and the cost of living has skyrocketed in the same time span.....all of a sudden those programs are "wealth redistribution"

Face it....you've been lied to by the biggest marketing campaign in the history of our nation. The campaign to make rich people richer at the expense of the rest of our citizens and as a result, the country itself.

Now, do I want government to dictate wages? No, not really.....I want these huge corporations to treat their employees well and remember the country that gave them the Freedom to become the successes they are. No one wants them to be poor, no one wants them not to succeed. They just want to raise their families without struggling so damned much.

I watched it

She said "I will not have to worry about putting gas in my car, I will not have to worry about my mortgage. If I help him he will help me."

Actually, that implies Obama will make everyone else pay for her things. But you were close. :eusa_angel:

I watched it

Actually, that implies Obama will make everyone else pay for her things. But you were close. :eusa_angel:

Well you didn't actually think I was saying obama was going to take his own money and pay for her, did you?
:badgrin:

No....I vote Democrat for a different reason. I'm pro-labor. Our working class has taken a beating since the lie of "trickle down" economics became the norm. 47% of the people in this country have to accept some sort of government assistance to make ends meet in this God awfully expensive country. The vast majority of these people are working their fingers to the bone....they aren't lazy, irresponsible or feel themselves "victims".....all so some "job creator" can pocket more and more.

I don't hate rich people, I don't hate business.....but I think that the Conglomerate has run this country into the ground long enough for their personal gain. Funny how when wages and employer paid benefits were high enough...paying for government programs wasn't a problem....but now....since private sector unions have been virtually eliminated, wages have virtually stagnated since the late 70's and the cost of living has skyrocketed in the same time span.....all of a sudden those programs are "wealth redistribution"

Face it....you've been lied to by the biggest marketing campaign in the history of our nation. The campaign to make rich people richer at the expense of the rest of our citizens and as a result, the country itself.

Now, do I want government to dictate wages? No, not really.....I want these huge corporations to treat their employees well and remember the country that gave them the Freedom to become the successes they are. No one wants them to be poor, no one wants them not to succeed. They just want to raise their families without struggling so damned much.

I agree with you. The working class has taken a beating.

They've taken that beating because government has been selling them this idea that by taxing the wealthy, everybody wins.

That worked until corporations realized they were being stolen from. And since they couldn't take it out on the government, the working class took punch.

And the democrats have been continuing to sell their "everybody needs to pay their fair share" propaganda, instilling in the minds of the middle class that the businesses and the wealthy are stealing from them. When in reality it's the other way around.

I watched it

Actually, it implies she has a job in which she pays for gas and a mortgage. If she votes for Obama, Obama will make sure she still has a job

Other than her color, what makes you think she is on welfare?

Well you didn't actually think I was saying obama was going to take his own money and pay for her, did you?
:badgrin:

No, I didn't. You were spot on.

I just wanted to make that point. :eusa_whistle:

I assume that people who have mortgages have jobs

Conservatives assume black people expect everything for free

Wonder who is right?

Actually, it implies she has a job in which she pays for gas and a mortgage. If she votes for Obama, Obama will make sure she still has a job

"If I help him he will help me."
Enough said

Enough said

If I vote for Obama, I will keep my job

Nuff said

Enough said

If I vote for Obama, I will keep my job

Nuff said
I would find this as amazing as Obama actually finding you your job which you seem to have implied. Yet I suspect that you're more worried about your food stamps. Just a well-founded hunch.

The Republican Party...come for the misogyny, stay for the racism.

Boy... You can't even poke fun at stupid people without you clowns pulling out the race card. Guess what numbskull, she knew she was being filmed so if she wants to be a moron on camera then she's got to accept the criticism that comes with it.

Forum List

Back