I'm turning off political discussion

I promise you this is my last post, and then I'm done.

1) I have the terrible habit of talking in a very careless way. I apologize because I exposed myself to hard backbiting and it must have been unconfortable to a lot of people.

2) I must also clarify what I said in my OP. I used the terms "life" and "death" as METAPHORS, but I regret for it, because it indeed sounded very heavy.

3) Some people asked who am I. I'll tell you: I'm NOT american. I'm brazilian. The USA is a incridbly rich country (just come to Brazil and you will know) and as much as Obama screw things up very badly, it will continue to be (relatively) a rich country and I think it will never be as corrupt as Brazil.

4) I said that it would please me better that the USA becomes again as good as it once was. I have relatives living there and I've been there a few times and met really nice people. I know that lots of brazilians are coming back home because the economic crisis has hit very hard. And Obama is doing nothing to improve it. But the USA is not my country, so the "drama queen" part is more like a "i will not be worried anymore because I know that, one way or another, things are going to be OK in the end".

5) I was surprised that no one noticed my English is not perfect. Flattered, but surprised. My home language is Portuguese. Here are some examples: Quantos anos você tem? (How old are you?) Meu nome é Josué, qual o seu? (My name is Joshua, what's yours?) Seja bem vindo! (Welcome!)

6) I've never listened Rush Limbaugh. I just read texts from his site, but anyway, I think he's a pretty clever man.

7) I love music and I listen to music more than to politics.

8) Shelzin: You are VERY worthy of respect. I don't know exactly what are your political views but what you said about me touched my heart (I don't want to sound like a drama queen, but it did, indeed).

9) To everybody that agrees with my OP I apologize because the way I expressed myself was not one of the most wisely chosen. Again, my careless way of speaking.

10) Since I'm brazilian I don't know if I have business talking American politics with Americans. And it's absolutely pointless (what difference will it make? I will never be able to cast a single vote in the American elections).

11) I really didn't expect this post would be so controversial. I thought only a few people would see it and coment and bye bye, I didn't even bother to watch it closely. The other day when I opened this site I was very surprised.

12) I don't think people who vote democrat are evil people. Far from that, please. But I do think the democratic party leadership intentions are not exactly the most noble.

13) With all the considerations I made now, my OP truly expresses my concerns about the future of America. It also expresses that in the end, I shouldn't be concerned at all.

14) I wish you all good luck.

Joshua

8) Shelzin: You are VERY worthy of respect. I don't know exactly what are your political views but what you said about me touched my heart (I don't want to sound like a drama queen, but it did, indeed).
Honestly... We don't agree on much. But how you conduct yourself is something that should strive for if we would want the country to actually move in a positive direction.

Now don't get me wrong... You aren't alone in the quality of poster that I'm trying to convey. Mac, Elf, Barb, and Amy to name a few ( I didn't do full usernames on purpose, you know who you are and anyone I give two shits about likely will as well ) also have this ... I don't know... A kind of direct honesty and intelligence that convey their point in such a way you'd be a fool to ignore. That's not saying I agree with them all the time. I don't. But I think more people like this is better... Having one less... *shrugs* Site isn't any better for it.

Just take a vacation man. Can't win the internet. Being right is second seat to good conversation/debate. Then again if the conversation/debate doesn't do anything for you anymore... I wish you well, good on you for doing something more important. With that said I wish to leave my final thought...

If something isn't worth getting upset over... It's not worth doing.

Honestly... We don't agree on much. But how you conduct yourself is something that should strive for if we would want the country to actually move in a positive direction.

Now don't get me wrong... You aren't alone in the quality of poster that I'm trying to convey. Mac, Elf, Barb, and Amy to name a few ( I didn't do full usernames on purpose, you know who you are and anyone I give two shits about likely will as well ) also have this ... I don't know... A kind of direct honesty and intelligence that convey their point in such a way you'd be a fool to ignore. That's not saying I agree with them all the time. I don't. But I think more people like this is better... Having one less... *shrugs* Site isn't any better for it.

Just take a vacation man. Can't win the internet. Being right is second seat to good conversation/debate. Then again if the conversation/debate doesn't do anything for you anymore... I wish you well, good on you for doing something more important. With that said I wish to leave my final thought...

If something isn't worth getting upset over... It's not worth doing.

So you think I'm a good poster? Man, really glad to hear that... Sometimes I wondered that no one here thought I had something worth to add to the discussion. I'm not a very self confident person... imature.... and yes, perhaps, a "drama queen". But man... the thing is... I think I was getting TOO upset over the political situation in the US. Yes I don't have many posts, but I read these discussions more than you would think. And that day i just thought... man you know what... I'd better just not worry at all about this. And there was when I wrote my OP.

...and as much as Obama screw things up very badly...

You might not be American but you do a very good RWNJ impression.

There are lots of right wing "nut jobs" in Brazil, people as conservative as I. But we're far outnumbered by the marxist nut jobs. Last election the right wing candidate (would be a very moderate RINO in the US, but in Brazil considered right wing) received 44 million votes.

Forum List

Back