I’m tired of the scammers!

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
Ok, I’m tired of the scammers and wanna play with em a bit…

So I answered this BS e-mail. I wonder how it will develop?

-----Original Message-----
>From: david Grisham <[email protected]>
>Sent: Nov 4, 2006 5:37 AM
>To:
>Subject: For sale $22,000
>
>Hello,
>
>I have a client who is interested in your vehicle listed
>
>1) What is your last price?
>
>2)I hope all documents are complete..?
>
>3)Present location of the car and current mileage of the Vehicle?
>
>4)Are there any Accident History on the Vehicle?
>
>I anticipate your swift response for us to conclude payment of this order.
>
>Thanks,
>David

Response:

Hi David, to answer your questions...

1. $22,000 Cash for you with a two week hold.
2. Me too. Sometimes there are mistakes.
3. USA, low miles, only driven to church on Sundays.
4. Not since the cow crossed the road.

Granny thinks dat travelin' Chinaman sold her some bum rickshaw stock...
:eusa_shifty:
How Scammers Swindle Seniors
January 15, 2014 ~ When the FINRA Investor Education Foundation conducted a survey on Americans' exposure to financial scams in 2012, the results were disheartening: "More than 8 in 10 respondents were solicited to participate in a potentially fraudulent offer. And 11 percent of all respondents lost a significant amount of money after engaging with an offer."
The news was grimmest for Americans 65 and older, who were found to be "more likely to be targeted by fraudsters and more likely to lose money once targeted." A separate survey conducted in 2010 by the Investor Protection Trust found that one in every five U.S. senior citizens has "been taken advantage of financially in terms of inappropriate investment, unreasonably high fees for financial services, or outright fraud." And ripping off the elderly is not slowing down: according to a statement prepared for World Elder Abuse Awareness Day in June 2013 by Richard Cordray, director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, "The amount of money stolen from seniors has risen sharply in recent years."

The FBI lists several factors that make older people attractive targets for fraudsters and scammers: the likelihood that they own their home, have money saved and possess good credit; the possibility that they will refrain from reporting a fraud out of fear for their independence; and the purported fact that "people who grew up in the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s were generally raised to be polite and trusting."

Scammers reportedly use many of the same tried-and-true approaches to con their victims, relying on people's lack of familiarity with common techniques of deception and fraud. Here are some of the tricks that are said to fill the cozener's playbook, according to The National Council on Aging.

MORE

Ok, I&#8217;m tired of the scammers and wanna play with em a bit&#8230;

So I answered this BS e-mail. I wonder how it will develop?

Maybe if you keep them busy, they won't bother me with one more email.

I believe it is a business for them.

Responding means more email for you and they could change their game plan and target you in the future.

Sometimes people try to figure out what they can get away with and you are playing with them which is dangerous.

Forum List

Back