I'm thinking of joining a church with my kids

I was raised Methodist, but go to different churches now,, still trying one to best fit my needs.

As for your kiddos, I LOVED my youth groups at my Methodist Church, I was in MYF, and we did a lot of cool things.

Of course they are young now, so find a cool church with cool Sunday School classes for them I guess.

btw, if its the food you want, i say a Greek Orthodox Church would be the best

They have awesome tradition and elaborate Holy Liturgy too.

Love Baklava! Greek food and Greek pastries rock!
i went to a russian orthodox church when i lived in the St Louis area
and the way they did things you didnt eat before church at all
and after church they had quite a feast
every week
and on special occasions, WOW
LOL
i can only imagine what the Greeks did, and given the greek styples of cooking, i bet they have some phenomenal feasts

Sounds like Ramadan. LOL

What sect do you recommend and why?

Sunni. ;)

In all seriousness, I'd recommend Episcopal if you're going to stick with Christianity. The services seem very down-to-earth and the clergy are tolerant and understanding.

What brought this on?

I think he is joking.

Me thinks you're right.

I think you are both wrong. I think xotoxi knows a church would be a good idea for his boys, and exposing them to some sort of religion, so they can make their choice about it as they get older.

At least I hope that's what he's doing.

Believe it or not, xotoxi's a good man, a good husband and a good father.

He just plays the goofball on here.

(But DO NOT tell him I told you any of this! :eusa_shhh:)

Try Sunni Islam...you'll be ahead of the curve.

istanbul_blue_mosque.jpg

I think he is joking.

Me thinks you're right.

I think you are both wrong. I think xotoxi knows a church would be a good idea for his boys, and exposing them to some sort of religion, so they can make their choice about it as they get older.

At least I hope that's what he's doing.

Believe it or not, xotoxi's a good man, a good husband and a good father.

He just plays the goofball on here.

(But DO NOT tell him I told you any of this! :eusa_shhh:)

I hope you are right.

Go to a traditional or conservative temple. They don't do sermons. Most of the service is kind of weird (they go up to the front and read from the scrolls in relays) and the folks are nice and easy going.

After service food is good too, but cold.

As for the lessons, they are printed out rather than delivered from a pulpit. And they are kind of mind bending.

All denominations are most often man's doctrines. I would recommend that you find a church that is Bible based.
one small hole in that theory

ALL churches claim to be bible based

You just answered your own hole. Just because they claim it doesn't mean it's so. ;)
the point being, they all call themselves "bible based"
you dont actually KNOW this till you actually visit and see what they teach

case in point, call any church on the phone and ask them if they are bible based
i can almost guaranty that not one of them will say "NO"

Last edited:
Hmmm, good question, and one that I believe you should primarily consider for how you want your children reared and what you want them to believe. If it was me, I would probably gravitate toward some type of Unity (not Unitarian) church, or something that focuses more on loving principles for living than on history and dogma.

Forum List

Back