I'm thinking of joining a church with my kids

How old are the kidlets, xotoxi? Do you want religious instruction as well as worship?

For very very very bright kidlets, I'd say join a Jewish Reform Temple. If the kidlets are just starting first grade, they'll benefit hugely from learning Hebrew (fabulous language) and the ethics instructions cannot be beat.

If you like good fried chicken, I'd go with the Southern Baptist folks. If somebody dies, or there is a pot luck supper down at the church, you can be sure to get some good fried chicken at one of these events.

If you like good fried chicken, I'd go with the Southern Baptist folks. If somebody dies, or there is a pot luck supper down at the church, you can be sure to get some good fried chicken at one of these events.

The Presbyterians have the best coffee hour. The Anglican/Episcopals have the best liturgy. The Evangelicals have the best outreach programs. The Catholics have the grandest claims.

The Presbyterians have the best coffee hour. The Anglican/Episcopals have the best liturgy. The Evangelicals have the best outreach programs. The Catholics have the grandest claims.

I go to a Methodist Church and we have a pretty darned good coffee hour after church services on Sunday morning. Good coffee. Home made cookies and sometimes cake. Can catch up on all the latest gossip. Yes, Methodist are allowed to gossip. That's another good thing about the Methodist Church. I betcha our young ladies look better than your average Presbyterians too...

I go to a Methodist Church and we have a pretty darned good coffee hour after church services on Sunday morning. Good coffee. Home made cookies and sometimes cake. Can catch up on all the latest gossip. Yes, Methodist are allowed to gossip. That's another good thing about the Methodist Church. I betcha our young ladies look better than your average Presbyterians too...

Presbyterians don't have too many young ladies, unfortunately. :lol:

All the major religions of the world say that if you don't believe their doctrine, then you are bound to go to hell. The secret is to find out which one is telling the truth and join that one.

What sect do you recommend and why?

Several i can think of that would be just fine.

The church of the all knowing xotoxi. Put your pic up and everyone can come and worship you.

The church of Pork. All pray for bacon and ribs.

The church of Vacation. Just tell everyone its part of your religion to take a 3 week vacation every month. And if you don't you will burn for all eternity.

just a few for you to consider. I am sure there are more out there.

:lol:

btw, if its the food you want, i say a Greek Orthodox Church would be the best

They have awesome tradition and elaborate Holy Liturgy too.

Love Baklava! Greek food and Greek pastries rock!
i went to a russian orthodox church when i lived in the St Louis area
and the way they did things you didnt eat before church at all
and after church they had quite a feast
every week
and on special occasions, WOW
LOL
i can only imagine what the Greeks did, and given the greek styles of cooking, i bet they have some phenomenal feasts

Last edited:

Forum List

Back