I'm sure glad that...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by -Cp, Jul 17, 2005.

1. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    I'm sure glad that LIBS weren't in power during the beginning of this nation - their spineless nature and over tolerence would still have us under British Rule...

2. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    Wow.. no libs replied to this one eh? Pussies...:D

3. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

they "can't handle the truth" but I'm sure they will consult with their manual and get back to ya! :ali:

4. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Is that an appropriate post for a Moderator to make?
    Just wondering.

5. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

ya being a VN chopper pilot and all...the word "pussies" was more than likely a word ya used quite a bit...back in the day! :rotflmao:

6. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    I still do Arch..But I'm not a Moderator attemping to incite..In light of the resent board problems
    posts such as this don't help at all, as a matter of fact they are part of the problem.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Yes. Don't be a fudgenut, mr. rules.

8. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

it is not a crime to incite humor..where did you lose yours anyway...I like ya but you are off base on this one!

9. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps cp forgets that, for their time, the U.S. Colonialists WERE liberals. They openly encouraged dissent and revolt against The Crown. They staged protests and rallied, the very kind that modern conservatives dislike so much.
    A modern conservative in the Colonial times would be supporting The Crown. They would be in power and would be looking to hold it.
    Perhaps cp either misinterprets American history, or never really learned it. George Washington was a great "liberal" protester who worked against the system. He incited riots and sought to bring down the puppet English government.
    Not to mention the fact that George had pre-marital sex and often cheated on his wife. :banana2:

10. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    That's simply not true - conservatives believe that things are best left to the hands of the people and that the Government should stay out of our lives more so than not..

Conservatives want a small government whose job is mostly that of protecting its citizens from harm or attacks.

Liberals think that the Government knows best how to spend our money and want social programs, hand-outs and basically "free stuff" that comes at the expense of HIGHER taxes..

Perhaps it's you that doesn't know your history - ever heard of a thing called "The Boston Tea Party"? HELLO? LOWER TAXES !??! What's the first thing a democrat ALWAYS does when elected to office? THEY RAISE TAXES!

Also - please cite your sources for George Washington "Cheating on his wife"..