I'm sure glad that...

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
I'm sure glad that LIBS weren't in power during the beginning of this nation - their spineless nature and over tolerence would still have us under British Rule...

-Cp said:
Wow.. no libs replied to this one eh? Pussies...:D

they "can't handle the truth" but I'm sure they will consult with their manual and get back to ya! :ali:

Mr. P said:
Is that an appropriate post for a Moderator to make?
Just wondering.

ya being a VN chopper pilot and all...the word "pussies" was more than likely a word ya used quite a bit...back in the day! :rotflmao:

archangel said:
ya being a VN chopper pilot and all...the word "pussies" was more than likely a word ya used quite a bit...back in the day! :rotflmao:
I still do Arch..But I'm not a Moderator attemping to incite..In light of the resent board problems
posts such as this don't help at all, as a matter of fact they are part of the problem.

Mr. P said:
I still do Arch..But I'm not a Moderator attemping to incite..In light of the resent board problems
posts such as this don't help at all, as a matter of fact they are part of the problem.

it is not a crime to incite humor..where did you lose yours anyway...I like ya but you are off base on this one!

Perhaps cp forgets that, for their time, the U.S. Colonialists WERE liberals. They openly encouraged dissent and revolt against The Crown. They staged protests and rallied, the very kind that modern conservatives dislike so much.
A modern conservative in the Colonial times would be supporting The Crown. They would be in power and would be looking to hold it.
Perhaps cp either misinterprets American history, or never really learned it. George Washington was a great "liberal" protester who worked against the system. He incited riots and sought to bring down the puppet English government.
Not to mention the fact that George had pre-marital sex and often cheated on his wife. :banana2:

Gabriella84 said:
Perhaps cp forgets that, for their time, the U.S. Colonialists WERE liberals. They openly encouraged dissent and revolt against The Crown. They staged protests and rallied, the very kind that modern conservatives dislike so much.
A modern conservative in the Colonial times would be supporting The Crown. They would be in power and would be looking to hold it.
Perhaps cp either misinterprets American history, or never really learned it. George Washington was a great "liberal" protester who worked against the system. He incited riots and sought to bring down the puppet English government.
Not to mention the fact that George had pre-marital sex and often cheated on his wife. :banana2:

That's simply not true - conservatives believe that things are best left to the hands of the people and that the Government should stay out of our lives more so than not..

Conservatives want a small government whose job is mostly that of protecting its citizens from harm or attacks.

Liberals think that the Government knows best how to spend our money and want social programs, hand-outs and basically "free stuff" that comes at the expense of HIGHER taxes..

Perhaps it's you that doesn't know your history - ever heard of a thing called "The Boston Tea Party"? HELLO? LOWER TAXES !??! What's the first thing a democrat ALWAYS does when elected to office? THEY RAISE TAXES!

Also - please cite your sources for George Washington "Cheating on his wife"..

Mr. P said:
Is that an appropriate post for a Moderator to make?
Just wondering.

Why wouldn't it be appropriate for a Moderator of the "Food & Wine" section to make? :D

-Cp said:
That's simply not true - conservatives believe that things are best left to the hands of the people and that the Government should stay out of our lives more so than not..

Conservatives want a small government whose job is mostly that of protecting its citizens from harm or attacks.

Liberals think that the Government knows best how to spend our money and want social programs, hand-outs and basically "free stuff" that comes at the expense of HIGHER taxes..

Perhaps it's you that doesn't know your history - ever heard of a thing called "The Boston Tea Party"? HELLO? LOWER TAXES !??! What's the first thing a democrat ALWAYS does when elected to office? THEY RAISE TAXES!

Also - please cite your sources for George Washington "Cheating on his wife"..

the only thing I remember from history 101 on George Washingtons personal life was that he wore wooden false teeth...maybe that is what gabby is refering to! :rotflmao:

-Cp said:
Why wouldn't it be appropriate for a Moderator of the "Food & Wine" section to make? :D

ya forgot to mention to Mr.P that Rustys dad was killed in Nam...he was a Chopper pilot as was Mr.P...Mr.P needs a wake up call...severely!

I fail to see how a liberal can say they'd have been on the right side in the American Revolution when the war was started because of high taxes. In fact, for a few years after the founding, the federal government operated off of donations.

The fact is, you're splitting hairs. The founding fathers were liberals because the ideas they had were radical and different, and, by definition, a true liberal wants change, while conservatives maintain the status quo. However, look at the values of the modern conservatives and liberals vs. what conservatives and liberals were then. Those liberals wanted anyone to be able to practice any religion anywhere they wanted. They wanted small government, low taxes, and economic de-regulation. They believed in Christian values and also valued people's right to defend themselves. Modern liberals believe in big government, high taxes, religious freedom only in private, heavy economic regulation, and a complete lack of privately owned guns. There is no comparison.

Mr. P said:
Gabby is correct, the founders were in fact liberal for the day. Not what we think of today as liberal.

Whats up with Mr. invisible anyway...come back to reality...light up your dot...you are starting to look like a liberal sneaking around in the dark..show where you are at...don't be afraid! :p:

Mr. P said:
Proves she's right, doesn't it? But I already knew that, so what's your point?

Their basic premise is silly. Trying to ascribe liberal or conservative to the founding fathers is ridiculous. They were an alliance of people from across the spectrum of the times. If you must make an argument you could make a lot of different ones about whether they were "liberal" or "conservative" by today's standards. Reality is more complex than a couple of anachronistic labels.

:gross2:

Gabriella84 said:

Please provide a reference for this stuff. George Washington did nothing of the kind.

And liberals back then weren't the spineless cowards they are now. They still believed freedomw as something worth fighting for. Liberals didn't lose their balls until Jimmy Carter showed them how.

Forum List

Back